British Speedway Forum

Come on Olly Allen :P

I know we already have 2 British bees at cardiff....but 3 would be bliss :approve:

I know we already have 2 British bees at cardiff....but 3 would be bliss  :approve:

2 is bad enough!

Seriously though this should be a great meeting, one where a few riders can win it me thinks

I know we already have 2 British bees at cardiff....but 3 would be bliss  :approve:

What she said!

Wouldn't it be lovely to have a bees top 3, at monmore of all places. :P

Looking forward to some live Speedway.

Track should be in decent nick - Dry with some showers last night

Guest Jacques
Well, you can add my Kiss of Death to that one. Chris really is the outstanding Brit this season.

If you're near a bookies, put £50 on him being abducted by aliens at about 5pm tonight.

:blink::P

I really am looking forward to this one....come on Oliver :wink::D

Edited by Jacques

great to see the buzz back in the british final. last years meeting at belle vue was a shambles tbh.

good to see young british lads given a chance tonight as well.

either a bomber or scotty win for me with either david howe, steady or eddie kennett getin the wild card slot.

Allen has no chance of the wild card. Would need more than a slice of luck for him to be seriously in the running.

Howe must be favourite by the proverbial. If the track is set as usual with drive off the inside of bend two and little in the way of dirt on the outside for passing, then he will get the wildcard unless he crumbles under the pressure.

Odds for tonight.

Nicholls S 11/10 Havelock G 33/1

Harris C 2/1 Woffinden T 40/1

Howe D 7/1 Bridger L 40/1

Stead S 12/1 Allen O 100/1

Richardson L 12/1 Lawson W 125/1

Kennett E 16/1 Hall R 125/1

Screen J 16/1 Wright J 125/1

Louis C 25/1 King D 150/1

Guest Jacques

to be fair if I was a betting type person, my money would be on David Howe, although Olly gave him a good run for his money when we met in the league a few weeks ago, so we'll see :)

If Tai does finish higher, I will eat green ants for one week.

That needs to be quoted...just in case. :lol:

Still, I might go and have a look, but they should hold an important meeting like this on a "proper" speedway track. Wolves is more "way" than "speed" !

Many riders name Monmore as one of their fave tracks as it's well prepared, and gives opportunity to overtake. As I've said ever since this was first announced, most Brits are very good at Monmore. I doubt more than one or two would rather it was somewhere else (excluding riders preferring their own track).

Bad news for Eddie is that he will have a 3 hour flight(plus checkin/out) back to the UK on Monday morning from Hungary. Hardly ideal preperation for an important meeting like this.

Got that one in nice early eh Steve. :wink:

... when was the last time we had any Phenomenal brit kids like Tai in the 80's Kenny Carter & Micheal Lee...

What about riders such as Lewis Bridger and David Howe? They moved up to the EL in their teens. What about Simon Stead? Widely regarded as only being held back by injury. Mark Loram and Joe Screen...

...but then all the positive things that are posted are really encouraging for him

He's a talented rider, and I'm looking forward to seeing him ride tonight.

He needs to realise that the comments here have nothing to do with him as an individual or as a rider. It's the fact that he's allowed to ride in this meeting that's annoyed a few of us.

On another note, I really hope there's not going to be a semi and final at this event. The non GP rider scoring the highest should be deemed the rider to be represented in the GP, not the winner of the final...

Agree 100%. The GP wild card and GP qualifiers should be decided on the riders' 5 ride score.

It would be great if they drew the riders out and they came out alphabetically like that.

And on the same lines...

I'd love to know how the printer knew what to print (for the programme) if the draw is made at the event tonight. :blink:

Dont worry im confusing myself lol..... Sorry mis read what you posted

Ahhh you spotted it in the end then?! :lol:

I go to my first " live " meeting since Cardiff 4 years ago, tonight. I am taking my new Doris too so it had better be a good un! God I have missed live speedway. I cant wait.

Monmore rarely disappoints these days.

Think most peoples sensible money would be on Howie.

Have to say tho that stead, kennet will be all out for that spot too.

Have a feeling that Screenie could spring a suprise too!

top 3 of HARRIS, NICHOLLS, HOWE.

Monmore rarely disappoints these days.

To be fair it always used to disappoint whenever I followed Bradford down there, not so much the track or racing just the overall result. We always got spanked no matter what team we had!

Odds for tonight.

Nicholls S 11/10  Havelock G 33/1 

Harris C 2/1  Woffinden T 40/1 

Howe D 7/1  Bridger L 40/1 

Stead S 12/1  Allen O 100/1 

Richardson L 12/1  Lawson W 125/1 

Kennett E 16/1  Hall R 125/1 

Screen J 16/1  Wright J 125/1 

Louis C 25/1  King D 150/1

How on earth can Havvy be on those odds??? And why is Woffinden at 40/1 whilst Wrighty is 125/1 and Danny King at 150/1. Screenie looks a good bet at 16/1 whilst the odds on Steady are very generous considering the form he is in at the moment.

Belle Vue 1-2-3 would be nice but won't happen. No doubt Nicholls will claim his 5th British Title with (more than likely) Bomber finishing runner up. Tough call to say who will finish third (presuming the Cov pair finish as predicted). Will Howe hold his nerves, Will Steady up his game, Will Screenie want a final swansong in the GP (albeit as a wildcard), Will one of the younger generation (Wright, Kennett, Woffinden) spring a surprise???

All in all it should, and I say that hastily, be a good meeting.

great to see the buzz back in the british final.

I didn't know Mark Burrows had been put into the meeting. Is he reserve? :unsure::D

To be fair it always used to disappoint whenever I followed Bradford down there, not so much the track or racing just the overall result. We always got spanked no matter what team we had!

Exactly how I used to feel going to Odsal! It was a good job when the bonus point was introduced, a little something to cling on to. :D