British Speedway Forum

What a schedule of racing for William:

Friday - Paid 18 point max against Stoke at Armadale for the Monarchs

Saturday - Runner-up at the British U-21's at Eastbourne

Sunday - Riding for the Monarchs at Glasgow @ 4pm!

Monday - Riding for Wolves in the EL??!!

Eddie should have won it and he did, well done to him. Really glad to hear that William Lawson is showing his true potential, good luck to him.

Well Done Eddie on winning the British U21's.

Almost like 4 nations represented in the Final!

Eddie - English

William - Scottish

Tai - Aussie (well half Aussie!)

Ben - Kernow/Cornish (some of them think they should have their own nationality!)

Good luck to them all in the World rounds.

Slightly disappointing crowd size, but a very entertaining meeting.

The final 4 all fully deserved to be there, although King was unlucky with an e/f whilst well placed in his last ride.

Bridger can have no complaints after being excluded in the semi (yes, this is being written by an Eagles fan!).

So Kennett deserved it, Lawson battled all night for 2nd & Barker looked really promising........but........

Tai Woffinden - has got to be the most naturally gifted rider I think I've ever seen. (Reminded me of Gundersen/Louis/Carter).

I reckon they'll be flashing the cheque books in the British Final.

Well done William. You've done Scotland proud. :D So much so that I won't object if you don't try to hard against the Tigers this afternoon, after all you've earned a rest ;)

Ignore that.

Wolves have signed him for 2008 ?????

Slightly disappointing crowd size, but a very entertaining meeting.

The final 4 all fully deserved to be there, although King was unlucky with an e/f whilst well placed in his last ride.

Bridger can have no complaints after being excluded in the semi (yes, this is being written by an Eagles fan!).

So Kennett deserved it, Lawson battled all night for 2nd & Barker looked really promising........but........

Tai Woffinden - has got to be the most naturally gifted rider I think I've ever seen. (Reminded me of Gundersen/Louis/Carter).

Gave this one a miss and watched the GP live instead. Well done to Eddie and plenty more tries for Lewis

Excellent result Tai, well done cobber. :)

I feel for Wrighty though. :(

Edited by Ozyace

What happened to Bridger?

Tai Woffinden - has got to be the most naturally gifted rider I think I've ever seen.

I agree whole heartedly with that.

As a measure of comparison between Tai and Eddie at an early stage of their careers, Eddie had many races over more than one season in the conference league around the Rye. Eddie still holds the Conference League track record of 57.0. Tai after only a handful of outings at Hoddesdon shattered that 57.0 second mark in a Premier League match this season.

This is maybe a rough and ready measure but for anyone out there who hasn't seen Tai race I recommend they do so. Eddie is clearly a better rider when directly compared now but of course age and experience is a massive factor.

As a Rye fan I just feel that we are privileged to see Tai in Rockets colours albeit as seems likely for one season only.

Anyway, well done Eddie on the win.

Can't wait till Tai comes to Sheffield that should be very interesting when racing Compo and Ashworth!!

Well done to the 6 boys who have qualified for the World rounds..whats the betting Kennett and Woffy get into the world round at Rye House!!

Slightly disappointing crowd size,

That's not surprising is it :(