British Speedway Forum

Apparently everything's better at Poole, Coxy! ;)

Or maybe not..... Crump was totally unbeatable last year and now he's moved to Poole, he's gone down hill :P

Great night's racing last night and a well deserved win for Ed Kennett. First time I've been to Eastbourne and was impressed, good to see the small track for the minors as well. A healthy 9 points from Adam Roynon back from injury (again) hope he remains injury free and conyinues to improve.

(Didn't realise a texter was so badly needed I've never done them before but would have been willing to give it a go)

Some good racing, reminiscent of the old British Junior Championships held at Canterbury and the best man won IMHO. Very disappointed with Lewis' behaviour, though.

I thought the starting gate problems were a bit embarassing for such a high profile meeting and I'm really glad that Mrs dc and I had booked a hotel room, otherwise we'd still have been riding back to Ramsgate at 1am! Any first time visitor to the sport would have been wondering what they'd let themselves in for. Full marks, however, for getting the replacement in place so quickly

Also, where was the pre-meeting entertainment promised on the Super 7even website? According to the programme, it was never going to happen due to "restrictions" so why advertise it in the first place?

Just got back home from a good weekend in Eastbourne. Well done to Ed Kennett on winning.

I felt sorry for James Wright who had mechanical problems. Daany King was also unlucky to have an engine failure when second, which would have given him an automatic place in the final. In the semi he was rightfully excluded after losing control on the second bend.

Likewise Lewis was rightfully excluded and the worrying thing for me is that although very talented he is showing himself to be petulant and arrogant. I have read this on here but was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt until I witnessed it for myself. The wheelies before the start has to stop and as others have said, someone should take him in hand.

Tai, what a great performance from this lad. It is the first time that I have seen him race and what a racer. Very impressed with Ben Barker as well last night.

Thoroughly enjoyed the evening and was also pleased I stayed overnight otherwise don't know what time I would have got back to Peterborough.

Once again well done to Ed Kennett.

Alan.

Ryan Giggs used to play for England at youth level, however when becoming a senior player he chose Wales, now if they had made him keep playing for England we may have won another World Cup. Who knows?

Did he help Wales win it then :P:wink:

Ive always said he made the right decision to move to Poole during the winter, and now its paying dividends. Good lad, keep your head down, be professional continue in the same viene and Neil will have to look at you!!.

Shut up Starman ya numpty :lol: Nothing to do with his move to Poole, Edward has got his head into gear this year cos his Uncle Barney is in his camp! :approve:

Many congratulations to Eddie, well done mate. Ive always said he made the right decision to move to Poole during the winter, and now its paying dividends. Good lad, keep your head down, be professional continue in the same viene and Neil will have to look at you!!.

Last night all I heard from the centre green announcer was that Eddie was "Eastbourne through and through" so enjoy your year of him on loan.

Shut up Starman ya numpty  :lol:  Nothing to do with his move to Poole, Edward has got his head into gear this year cos his Uncle Barney is in his camp!  :approve:

You are right there Shazz.!We stood just in front of the family,on the 2nd turn.When Ed was on track,Barney became very vocal,barking out his orders.I dont think Ed would dare argue with him!

He was a big lad in his riding days,and hes bigger now! Comes across as a gentle giant,but I wouldnt like to meet him on a dark night!! :wink:

Hmm, i think Lewis Bridger needs to be taken in hand, He needs a strong guiding

influence, ive watched his body Language at poole, and i don't like it. Yes the lad has the abillity to go to the top, you only get one chance old son, don't ruin it!.

Many congratulations to Eddie, well done mate. Ive always said he made the right decision to move to Poole during the winter, and now its paying dividends. Good lad, keep your head down, be professional continue in the same viene and Neil will have to look at you!!.

Pity he said last night when interviewed that he was hoping to be back next year.

Didnt see many Poole supporters there ,.

Did they have any assets on show?

Was dissapointed in the track and have never seen it that bald in years.

No dirt on the outside and like Poole with the blue groove after 10 heats.

Dont know if the track was prepared like that for youngens but where was all the dirt on the outside??

Perhaps it was down to time after the electrical problem but no ripping up of the outside and no water. Anyone know why??

Even Lewis was riding the white line and no outside passes as nothing there.

Last night all I heard from the centre green announcer was that Eddie was "Eastbourne through and through" so enjoy your year of him on loan.

Having had a long conversation with Ed and Dave I think you may see Kennett the younger moving to pastures new next year.

King OR Wright, who would people go for?

Personally, I'd say Wrighty. Not sure why, but I'd like to see how he tackled the other young guns in the world this season especially rather than King.

As for Lewis Bridger, I'm not liking the sound of him at all. Fair enough, he has all the talent in the world and I have no doubt he is going to be big. But he needs to calm himself down, I'm getting the impression he thinks he's made it already when he's still got a long, long way to go. As I say, yes he is probably one of our best hopes for a world champion in the next decade or so, but he's going to need to work for it a lot more than he thinks.

Edited by tigerblues

Was dissapointed in the track and have never seen it that bald in years.

No dirt on the outside and like Poole with the blue groove after 10 heats.

Dont know if the track was prepared like that for youngens but where was all the dirt on the outside??

Perhaps it was down to time after the electrical problem but no ripping up of the outside and no water. Anyone know why??

Even Lewis was riding the white line and no outside passes as nothing there.

As this meeting forms part of the World U21 Championships,did the riders have official practice? Im sure I read somwhere that it was scheduled for Saturday afternoon.Can anyone confirm this?

This might explain the unusually slick track.

Edited by BobC

Personally, I'd say Wrighty. Not sure why, but I'd like to see how he tackled the other young guns in the world this season especially rather than King.

As for Lewis Bridger, I'm not liking the sound of him at all. Fair enough, he has all the talent in the world and I have no doubt he is going to be big. But he needs to calm himself down, I'm getting the impression he thinks he's made it already when he's still got a long, long way to go. As I say, yes he is probably one of our best hopes for a world champion in the next decade or so, but he's going to need to work for it a lot more than he thinks.

Gotta be King for me. I know I am biased but King would have qualified had it not been for an engine failure.

Having had a long conversation with Ed and Dave I think you may see Kennett the younger moving to pastures new next year.

Be honest he's hardly going to tell a Pirate fan anything else , is he