British Speedway Forum

As this meeting forms part of the World U21 Championships,did the riders have official practice? Im sure I read somwhere that it was scheduled for Saturday afternoon.Can anyone confirm this?

This might explain the unusually slick track.

They did have practice during the afternoon but Bob can relay a track during an interval in an Elite League meeting so it cant be that.

Gotta be King for me. I know I am biased but King would have qualified had it not been for an engine failure.

James Wright had two while leading! James to me is the rider who has shown more progression, riding in the main body of the team and keeping them competive. Sure Danny King is good in the PL but I some how doubt he will rise to the challenge on the world stage.

Edited by superguest

Firstly, I think you must be stupid to think that Woffy wil progress as no way will he beat Bridger round Eastbourne, Nor Eddie Kennet, Nor Daniel King, Nor Ben Wilson,

Ah ha..!! Is that egg on your face or does the mask of anonymity prevent such things..??!! ;):D

Wasn't able to post yesterday due to PC problems. I really enjoyed the meeting despite the time it took to complete. The young lads went for it and produced some good racing even though the track was very slick. I was impressed by the sportsmanship shown by the riders who when they fell made every effort to get up so the race could continue, you don't see that in the Elite League very often!

Congratulations to Eddie who was the best rider on show by some margin. There was little home advantage for Eddie or Lewis as the track was totally diferent to the usual, with no outside line after 7 or 8 heats. I cannot remember it ever being so slick, I can only assume this was done under the event organisers instructions. Shame really as there were several lads out there who looked willing to have a blast round the outside.

Finally it was nice to meet with SJL and partner who were on their first visit from Coventry. Hope to see you at Coventry later in the season, or maybe when Coventry visit next, you Bees always seem to take the points home with you :D

Woffy Aussie or Brit : My view is its the same as football, at a young age I dont think it matters who you ride for or what your nationality is, I said its the same as football as Ryan Giggs used to play for England at youth level, however when becoming a senior player he chose Wales, now if they had made him keep playing for England we may have won another World Cup. Who knows?

Arrgggggghhhhhh!!!!! Ryan Giggs played football for England schoolboys because he went to school in England. He was always going to play for Wales.

Well done Ed, after getting taken out last year he deserved it. Good to see Willy doing well a good little rider in my opinion very under rated.

Guest sjl
Wasn't able to post yesterday due to PC problems. I really enjoyed the meeting despite the time it took to complete. The young lads went for it and produced some good racing even though the track was very slick. I was impressed by the sportsmanship shown by the riders who when they fell made every effort to get up so the race could continue, you don't see that in the Elite League very often!

Congratulations to Eddie who was the best rider on show by some margin. There was little home advantage for Eddie or Lewis as the track was totally diferent to the usual, with no outside line after 7 or 8 heats. I cannot remember it ever being so slick, I can only assume this was done under the event organisers instructions. Shame really as there were several lads out there who looked willing to have a blast round the outside.

Finally it was nice to meet with SJL and partner who were on their first visit from Coventry. Hope to see you at Coventry later in the season, or maybe when Coventry visit next, you Bees always seem to take the points home with you :D

Hope you're right about us taking the points we may be without Scotty though by the looks of it :sad: Hoping to make the journey on 19th so see you then! :D

Just got back home from a good weekend in Eastbourne. Well done to Ed Kennett on winning.

I felt sorry for James Wright who had mechanical problems. Daany King was also unlucky to have an engine failure when second, which would have given him an automatic place in the final. In the semi he was rightfully excluded after losing control on the second bend.

Likewise Lewis was rightfully excluded and the worrying thing for me is that although very talented he is showing himself to be petulant and arrogant. I have read this on here but was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt until I witnessed it for myself. The wheelies before the start has to stop and as others have said, someone should take him in hand.

Tai, what a great performance from this lad. It is the first time that I have seen him race and what a racer. Very impressed with Ben Barker as well last night.

Thoroughly enjoyed the evening and was also pleased I stayed overnight otherwise don't know what time I would have got back to Peterborough.

Once again well done to Ed Kennett.

Alan.

Many Congratulations to Eddie...he really looked the finished Article on saturday...very professional look and very determined riding, putting the bike exactly when he wanted it. Seems to have is career back on track and he'll benefit enormously from riding alongside Mr Crump and having Middlo around won't hurt his international aspirations. Lewis however may need to be taken under the wing of others apart from Messrs Pedersen & Norris.

I thought it was a great meeting, although finishing so late was well past the bedtime of many of the competitors! Shame the ref had to pick up on every bit of an indiscretion...can't remember seeing so many reruns in nearly 35years of watching!

Many Congratulations to Eddie...he really looked the finished Article on saturday...very professional look and very determined riding, putting the bike exactly when he wanted it. Seems to have is career back on track and he'll benefit enormously from riding alongside Mr Crump and having Middlo around won't hurt his international aspirations. Lewis however may need to be taken under the wing of others apart from Messrs Pedersen & Norris.

I thought it was a great meeting, although finishing so late was well past the bedtime of many of the competitors! Shame the ref had to pick up on every bit of an indiscretion...can't remember seeing so many reruns in nearly 35years of watching!

Yeah, what a terrible influence. Former World Champ and current GP series leader. :rolleyes:

Hope you're right about us taking the points we may be without Scotty though by the looks of it :sad: Hoping to make the journey on 19th so see you then! :D

I'll be sitting in roughly the same place if you can make it. The Eagles v Bees matches are usually pretty close, (Except the last one of course :oops: ) with a decent guest for Scotty you will do all right :D .

Yeah, what a terrible influence. Former World Champ and current GP series leader. :rolleyes:

Sorry I forgot, we've had 1 GP so far haven't we?! ...and there are lots of former world champs, some who deserve it more than others and many many more great riders who never quite got there.

...but the influences on a tempestuous 17 year old needs to be monitored very carefully.

:

Shut up Starman ya numpty  :lol:  Nothing to do with his move to Poole, Edward has got his head into gear this year cos his Uncle Barney is in his camp!  :approve:

Nice to know there is somebody in Eddies camp who will

make sure Eddie keeps his feet on the floor!.

But he still made the right move to Poole. Under Neil

and Jason, he will come on in lumps. He's starting

to show this already.eh Shazzybabe-er bird xxx

Attendance at Eastbourne on Saturday reported as 1,400

Attendance at Eastbourne on Saturday reported as 1,400

I wonder how much that compares to what Eastbourne get for a league meeting.