British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League 4 Team Tournament

Will be the same line-up as today as cant see them printing any new programmes!!

The rain started getting heavier about half past 12 and never really relented, the track looked in great condition but you could tell that it was never going ahead as they never even bothered with the track and just let puddles on the 4th bend build up.

The only reason why the meeting was called off we were told is because they could not guarantee 32 heats and in the rain we have driven home in don't think would have got 1!

Covers would be a great option as shown in GP qualifier last year,maybe they are not needed for a bread and butter league fixture but for the so called big meetings they are a must.

So what happens in the restaging date with redcar?, if there back to strength do the start in it seen as they qualified or not.

We were saying that very thing while on our way back from boro today....be intresting to see what people think :unsure:

It was lucky that my group only decided to get there and sit in the car as it was chucking down when we arrived - none of us really expected to see any racing once we got there as it had been raining on the journey for quite some time. A short while later, I got a text from another Stars supporter from inside saying that it had been postponed - no surprise there lol - so we just came home.

I feel sorry for anyone who travelled from Somerset/Glasgow/IOW etc. Waste of a journey... I would have thought that the meeting would have been called off a lot earlier, but I guess they were hoping that the weather would improve or that the rain wouldn't amount to much. Covers for the tracks I must admit would be handy at these big events.

Like I said earlier the covers would be a good idea however they wouldnt be able to do a lot once the racing got underway.

A bit like tennis and cricket, put the covers back on after the race. Then take them off again, will need a big team effort but workable.

I quite enjoyed myself. Reading the papers in the open air, well the window of the car slightly open, in EOES par cark was novel adn then a bit of retail therapy. Couldn't believe the number of people who were actually paying to go in to be honest. Fair enough if folk had pre purchased tickets but it rained from 1130 onwards and just got heavier. Unless it stopped, there really was no way they would get thro 32 heats.

Shame but that's the British weather for you :sad: Can we pre book the sun for July 8th :wink:

A bit like tennis and cricket, put the covers back on after the race. Then take them off again, will need a big team effort but workable.

I dont think it's just down to a wet track you have to take visability for the riders into account if it does continue to rain..... So you can't win no matter what.

I quite enjoyed myself. Reading the papers in the open air, well the window of the car slightly open, in EOES par cark was novel adn then a bit of retail therapy. Couldn't believe the number of people who were actually paying to go in to be honest. Fair enough if folk had pre purchased tickets but it rained from 1130 onwards and just got heavier. Unless it stopped, there really was no way they would get thro 32 heats.

Shame but that's the British weather for you :sad: Can we pre book the sun for July 8th :wink:

Please note the bold bits in the quoted post.

Are you sure you didnt take a few alcoholic drinks with you too :lol::lol:

Edited by Danzell

So glad that I took the forgetting of my purse as a sign and not bother going as it was called off at the time I would have been arriving at the track.

Feel so sorry for those who travelled a long distance to this, must be awful to go that far, only just arrived and then for it to be called off.

I ended up taking the kids out for a carvery meal, very nice too but don't think the scales will show much movement (apart from maybe upwards!) at Weight Watchers on Wednesday.

Covers for the tracks I must admit would be handy at these big events.

Not much use though when the rain had been forecast for all afternoon though. Just one of those things that couldn't be avoided. Here's hoping for a nice sunny day for the re staging in July. :blink:

Just glad we only had a 25 min trip to get there. Big shame for all those that made the effort from afar. :(

Big shame for all those that made the effort from afar. 

Sod them, I had to get out of bed and walk 3 paces to the computer to do the updates!! :angry:

Edited by Shadders

waht a brilliant day out!arrived at 1.00ish but knew it was a waste of time so didn't even bother to go in the car park,just went straight into the pub just outside the track.lots of speedway folk in there and a few riders.had a good chat/laugh with ray morton who recovered brilliantly from an opening line yorkshire (call a spade a spade)insult to earn our total repect,good on yer ray.then on the way back we eventually found a pub with sattelite tv and watched sheff.utd get relegated!what a lovely day,who's bothered about a bit of rain?? :D:D:D

well just got back now after a very long drive back home to Workinton. back down there on 8th july

Edited by stacey

well just got back now after a very long drive back home to Workinton. back down there on 8th july

well im not sure about that as in the pboro fixtures list i got at the beginnig of the season its got PBORO vs OXFORD!!!

on the 8th so some where its wrong