British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League 4 Team Tournament

It was me, and you can forget that one now, it's totally changed!!!  From peeing down with rain ALL day we have now gone to wall to wall sunshine!

PE2 6XE

Having said that, it'll probably change again tomorrow!

:blink:  :D

Great stuff!!

I hope there's a fleet of tractors on standby. The amount of rain that's fallen it might be a bit boggy in the car parks :wink:

I hope there's a fleet of tractors on standby. The amount of rain that's fallen it might be a bit boggy in the car parks :wink:

We'll let you know after tonite, of its on................ :blink:

Liz.. do you know if Kauko will be riding against Newport on Saturday?

Yes Kauko will ride on Saturday against Newport, he will leave immediately after the close of the meeting to travel to Heathrow to catch a flight to his GP qualifier meeting in Slovenia, I believe we will use r/r for Mattia

Well weather looks ok a suppose with rain before and probably during the end of the final around 6pm..hopefully this meeting will be on!! Apart from Andre and Ricky trying to ride at the Pairs and the Welsh open we haven't ridden since 7th June!!

Just to inform everyone that will be at this meeting, Wristbands in aid of Garry Stead will be available at this meeting. Look out for Julie she will be wearing her Garry Stead T-shirt and will be coming around during the meeting.

Dig deep guys all money raised from the sale of wristbands is going to Garry Stead Benefit Fund

Cheers

Lisa

Really looking forward to this meeting, made the trip over for the first one but turned around and went home.

What are everyones thoughts for the meeting ? Myself would love to see my second team the 'Mercom Brummies' doing well.

I think the Brummies could do well, with Ully leading the side an ex Panther of last year, Lyons who has done many laps around the EOES and Sanchez another ex Panther although I don't think he made an apperance at the Showground.

IOW look strong with Holder and Bunny, but not much after that, The Stars will be up there with TT, Nermark and Bruce all doing plenty of laps around Peterborough.

I think the best looking 1-4's are Somerset and Sheffield. Most teams seem to have a stong top two with nothing much after that.

Kermit, I LOVE your signature! I think the same can be said of a certain other Dane too.

I agree that Somerset and Sheffield are looking like strong contenders, but having seen some of KL's results I most certainly wouldn't rule them out, either!

To be honest, I think I'm a bit of an EL snob as I don't really know that much about a lot of the riders featuring, but I'm certainly looking forward to watching them race.

I'll be cheering on local boy Ritch Hawkins. Am looking forward to this meeting; just praying the rain holds off ;)

I have watched a fair bit of PL racing over the last 4-5 years, I live in South Derbyshire so have had plenty of journeys up to Sheffield on Thursdays when the Panthers run on Fridays, also with Birmingham re-opening this year I only live about 35 minutes from Perry Barr.

I have always followed Elite League racing, but belive me the racing in the PL is fantastic. Yes there is no Nicki, Crump, Hans et al, but the racing is just as good but with out the so called 'big name charlies'

At the pairs last week I was talking to a chap who follows Plymouth in the CL, he asked me if I was an EL 'snob', my answer to him was 'if there's good racing i'll be there no matter what league', the standard of racing as said before is just as good but without the names.

There are some good names down in the PL to the likes of Holder at the IOW, Wrighty, Captain Nemo and Stoney at Workington, Ully at the Brummies, Zorro and Emil Kramer at Someset the list go's on..............

One thing for certain Leanne you WILL enjoy your day on Sunday, you WILL see fantstic racing, and that's what we all go to speedway for isn't it?????????

One thing for sure there are no 'big time charlies' in the PL, there all good honest racers trying to make a living and entertain us, and there is no disease called GPitis down in the PL either, if there's a meeting on the guys are there.

And all this coming form an ELITE LEAGUE SNOB !

Yes Kauko will ride on Saturday against Newport, he will leave immediately after the close of the meeting to travel to Heathrow to catch a flight to his GP qualifier meeting in Slovenia, I believe we will use r/r for Mattia

thanks liz :)

i can't get my head round why he has to travel to be a meeting reserve. Surely the decision should be left to Kauko!

i'm sure he'd prefer to ride in the pl fours

Well, It's now come to the point where I can't afford to make this meeting.

With King's Lynn having two home meetings next week and away at Mildenhall this Saturday this is out of my reach.

Good luck for the weather and every team involved.

I'll just have to watch the live updates :(

I have watched a fair bit of PL racing over the last 4-5 years, I live in South Derbyshire so have had plenty of journeys up to Sheffield on Thursdays when the Panthers run on Fridays, also with Birmingham re-opening this year I only live about 35 minutes from Perry Barr.

I have always followed Elite League racing, but belive me the racing in the PL is fantastic. Yes there is no Nicki, Crump, Hans et al, but the racing is just as good but with out the so called 'big name charlies'

At the pairs last week I was talking to a chap who follows Plymouth in the CL, he asked me if I was an EL 'snob', my answer to him was 'if there's good racing i'll be there no matter what league', the standard of racing as said before is just as good but without the names.

There are some good names down in the PL to the likes of Holder at the IOW, Wrighty, Captain Nemo and Stoney at Workington, Ully at the Brummies, Zorro and Emil Kramer at Someset the list go's on..............

One thing for certain Leanne you WILL enjoy your day on Sunday, you WILL see fantstic racing, and that's what we all go to speedway for isn't it?????????

One thing for sure there are no 'big time charlies' in the PL, there all good honest racers trying to make a living and entertain us, and there is no disease called GPitis down in the PL either, if there's a meeting on the guys are there.

And all this coming form an ELITE LEAGUE SNOB !

Brilliant post Kermit

Only if sky would show more PL speedway!!!

A nights racing at Workington, Sheffield, Glasgow, I.O.W etc is as good as any in the EL

Sorry to ask as it may have already been mentioned on here but cant go through 40 pages. Does anyone know if this is all ticket or can you pay at the gate?

you CAN buy at the gate.

hope to see a huge crowd and meet loads off you aswell.