British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League Best Pairs

although the home track advantage situation has not been negated on this occasion i think it makes sense to hold it at this venue because of its proximity to cardiff and because of the financial benefits to speedway.good thinking on this occasion mr.chapman.

I've posted this else where and got no response, so I'll try on the relevant thread :D

I've spoke to a few people who want to go to Somerset for the pairs but don't want to drive (unsuprisingly), so I thought I might look at the cost of a mini-bus if I can get enough people intrested. As yet I have no idea on costs as I want to be sure people will be intrested (obviously if the price is right) before I try and find out how much it will cost.

I have about 5 or 6 people intrested in going (currently from Newport) so ideally we'd be looking at a minimum of 6 more people if it's needed there would be a pick up from Cardiff and Newport.

So who's intrested and if I get a good enough response I'll get a price and get back to people. Either reply here or PM (or both!)

Right just an idea so please don't shoot me down too much, but to combat home track advantage for the Pairs, did they never think of holding it at Newport?

Newport aren't in it and they are used to a bumper crowd there the night before the GP!

I've never been there so i wouldn't know why they chose Zorroset :blink:

Great idea, should of had the Pairs at Newport. For anyone who hasn't been this season the track is much improved. At last the 3rd and 4th bends seem to have been sorted out and the later start time means that the dust stays down more.

We've held the Pairs at Newport previously, would be great to see it back there again.

Great idea, should of had the Pairs at Newport.  For anyone who hasn't been this season the track is much improved.  At last the 3rd and 4th bends seem to have been sorted out and the later start time means that the dust stays down more.

We've held the Pairs at Newport previously, would be great to see it back there again.

And the Somerset track this season... well... The racing just gets better each week ;):)

And the Somerset track this season... well... The racing just gets better each week ;):)

Yeah but at Newport it will be a neutral track and will still get loads of fans through the turnstiles as it's close to the GP. At Somerset the best rider in the league is riding on his home track with a very capable partner.

everyone had to lower their averages to fit in with what Newport wanted this year ... do you really think they'll get a meeting like this?

just my opinion of course

Yeah but at Newport it will be a neutral track and will still get loads of fans through the turnstiles as it's close to the GP. At Somerset the best rider in the league is riding on his home track with a very capable partner.

So lets host it at a track that for about the 3rd season running can't put together a very capable competitive team :blink:

Yea... real good that one is :rolleyes:

So lets host it at a track that for about the 3rd season running can't put together a very capable competitive team :blink:

Yea... real good that one is :rolleyes:

You wouldn't be saying that if you were a Newport fan :P

The rules are always going to upset someone ,

Errrr exactly what rules? There are none that's the point I was making :blink:

.......at least JC is trying to taking major  British speedway meetings to a higher level

It's the same old crap just wrapped up in a different cover.

You wouldn't be saying that if you were a Newport fan  :P

What? Getting them to host the pairs at Newport because they can't put together a good enough team?

What? Getting them to host the pairs at Newport because they can't put together a good enough team?

[/quote

Loving the banter. It's an enviable position to those of us currently unable to get behind our team. Keep up the agro; makes great reading.

Should be a great night at Somerset. :lol:

everyone had to lower their averages to fit in with what Newport wanted this year ... do you really think they'll get a meeting like this?

just my opinion of course

Would you care to expand on what "Newport wanted this year" please.

As a loyal Newport fan I would love to hear this.