British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League Best Pairs

Well done to Nemo and Wrighty, Kauko only beaten once all nght and set some fast times.

Compo for England............ :blink:

Oh yeah, not a bad pair at all... I said Somerset aswell obviously, and I think I said I'd tip Kings Lynn to make the final aswell.. so IOW is a bit of a shock :P

holder sheffield thursday err if the floods go :rolleyes::blink:

Who did Sheffield have riding for them - two poorly trained monkeys in kevlars? Did anyone actually see Andre in the pits?

Does not beating an opponent all night sound familiar to anyone? By the way, where is our next meeting?!?

Congratulations to the IOW on their win and on every other team who managed to beat an opponent in at least one race.

Congratulations to Chris Holder and Jason Bunyan on their well deserved victory tonight for the Isle of Wight.

Holder, Nieminen and Franc were the top riders on show tonight in my opinion and for whatever reason it just didn't happen for the Somerset boys :( .

The meeting ran well and just beat the curfew after the problems of earlier on the roads. I know the M5 south is not great on a Friday anyway but why did it have to be like that today of all days! The track was prepared superbly (well done Ez) and produced some very good racing throughout which was a great advert for Premier League speedway. Congratulations to the promotion on staging the event and probably proving a few people wrong in the process. I wouldn't be surprised to see this event again next season at Somerset.

Now onto Cardiff tomorrow (interesting to hear that the World Champion actually phoned Mike Golding twice tonight to find out what was happening at the OTA) and hopefully unlike this evening a home winner. Come on Bomber, Scott or David.

Now onto Cardiff tomorrow (interesting to hear that the World Champion actually phoned Mike Golding twice tonight to find out what was happening at the OTA) and hopefully unlike this evening a home winner. Come on Bomber, Scott or David.

Hans Andersen tomorrow Drew ;) I'll be posting my report of things very soon on the Rebels forum B)

Hans Andersen tomorrow Drew ;) I'll be posting my report of things very soon on the Rebels forum B)

Have you got some inside info from Ryan Sullivan? :D

You probably won't be too far away though but I would prefer a British winner!

Well done Pepe & Christian!

Looks like Pepe was flying tonight. 3rd place is a fine effort. Still think ALL teams should be represented at these events. There must be a system which would allow allow all teams to compete.

Well done Pepe & Christian!

Looks like Pepe was flying tonight. 3rd place is a fine effort. Still think ALL teams should be represented at these events. There must be a system which would allow allow all teams to compete.

Run it the same way as the Premier Trophy. But this would take ages and that is why it wouldn't happen IMO.

A great meeting (as you'd expect from the best track in British speedway). Good job for once we left and extra hour to get to the track (and it's only 50 minutes away!) as we did not arrive until heat 5-6ish (if the stupid Workington fan in front of me at the turnstiles reads this, buy an effing calculator and learn to read! it took her 5 minutes to pay!).

The meeting seemed to be taking it's time early on to allows us stragglers to arrive but soon picked up pace.

Well Done to IoW, a very deserved win and also to Glasgow :) Though a win would have been nicer for them! ;)

Two complaints, the 3rd parking field, it's a bloody joke charging us a pound to level the field off, should the land owner wish to the return the bottom of my car I'd apreciate it! and the food places was crap! Whats happened? It used to be good, cheddar cheese on a cheese burger?!

At least when we pulled out last season we done it to save embarrassment for ourselves and the competition with a weakened pair riding, but why did Sheffield not do the same and let Simmons/Schramm fight for the title?

It would have been better for the competition to watch anything other than them two plonkers from Sheffield bringing up the rear all meeting like a couple of juniors.

Oh dear. Compton no.1 rider in the league? Pratworth better than Kennett? Haha.

Brilliant.

Edited by Chris

Well done to Kake! Give it a go at the PLRC son, flying.

SCB, stop complaining, that fan had as much right to see the meeting as you... and don't like the food? p*ss off to McDonalds after the racing then!

Edited by roo

any one know where i can check out some photos from the pairs meeting at somerset, i was told re run video's were there but what about some pic's???? :rolleyes:

Congratulations to all concerned in the slick running of this meeting especially given the difficulties at the beginning due to the horrific traffic. I had worries that the curfew would be a problem but was proved wrong. Having arrived very late and having to trek from the third field I noticed that the level of bike and P.A.sounds heard outside the arena is quite low and acceptable.

What a delight & a privilege it was to be the announcer last night. For all the troubles surrounding the area it was great to see so many people in the Oak Tree Arena to witness what must have been one of the best speedway meetings you will ever witness. 20 committed riders on a fantastically prepared circuit (take a bow Ex Curtis & your team) under blue skies :blink:

Also, from a personal view a delight to work with Craig Saul & Mike Bennett, consumate professionals both, making proceedings flow in excellent style throughout.

I hope everybody enjoyed it as much as we did.