British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eM_Pe

Polish Team for the SWC

Fair play to all the lads for doing their best while being interviewed (incl. Tomasz) Must be more nerve racking than riding.

Hampel was absolutely superb on the night, and you can add his name to the list of riders who have riden above themselves. (copied below in case you missed my previous post)

Riders of the competition so far.

Jason C, Leigh, Lee, Nicki have all been as superb as you'd expect.

Apart from them I'd like to give a special mention to David N, Jason L, Matej Z, Joonas K, Bo Brhel, and Jarek I think all those riders have riden better than we might have expected.

;):P

Agree 100% 21st. My picks for surprise package would be Brhel, Lyons and Norris. We all know they can do it in spurts but they really brought everything to the table in their respective meetings.

Jarek can do it consistently I am sure and it will come. He does though need the right track and Ipswich hasn't come inot that category this year, looks clueless when behind!

I htink the Aussies look as vulnerable as they ever have done. Sully is not flying and Lyons and Wiltshire could or could not go well. If any team on Satdee id up for it big time then they are there for the taking. Unfortunately my heart has to take the back seat though and I go for:

Oz

Poland

Denmark

Sweden

GB

Pete

Well done to Sergi Darkin for winning that Joker race which put the Russians through!. :D

Gollob and Hampel were the best in Polish team (13 pts each).

IMHO Jarek was the man of the match, he was really great and very fast. And he was the only rider who beat T.Rick :).

can't see Max having two off nights ...

Oh I can! He's had quite a few consecutive off nights this season. :P

I quite agree Gemini, he just hasn't been the same rider this season and I don't think that will change by Thursday. More chance of the Brits beating them if he has another bad night though. :P

I like you Beegee as you are always so fair and unbiased with your comments. :D

So what do you think the reason is why Max has had such a bad year by his standards? I believe I read somewhere he is using a different engine tuner. Why would he change when he has always ridden so well before?

Well done Jarek. Do that for Ippo next match please! After missing the gate on his 1st couple of heats and coming from the back to win. Also making the gate when he had T. Rickardsson on the out side of him. But its a normal Jarek getting tired in his last heat to stop him having a max.

Good try Jarek. :) Keep it up.

Well done Jarek. Do that for Ippo next match please! After missing the gate on his 1st couple of heats and coming from the back to win. Also making the gate when he had T. Rickardsson on the out side of him. But its a normal Jarek getting tired in his last heat to stop him having a max.

Good try Jarek. :) Keep it up.

I don't think he tired. He seemed to just spin up on the over watered track, and it's a long way from the outside if the bike won't go forward. Then it was just too wet to go wide and make up ground. He did the sensible thing, and took the point rather than trying something silly and finishing last.

;):P

Not trying to court controversy here,but having watched the finish line incident between Protasiewicz and Darkin on a number of occasions now,it does look as if Pepe gave him a deliberate nudge.Whether it was frustration at being beaten or not i don't know.The Russian seemed to take it very well though in all fairness,but i do think there was a little bit of niggle there. :twisted:

So what do you think the reason is why Max has had such a bad year by his standards?

It's obvious, Gem. It's the change of name that's done it. ;)

I like you Beegee as you are always so fair and unbiased with your comments.  :D  

So what do you think the reason is why Max has had such a bad year by his standards? I believe I read somewhere he is using a different engine tuner. Why would he change when he has always ridden so well before?

I don't know why he would change his engne tuner after he was going so well last season :roll: Maybe it was money? I heard that he has paid in advance this season for all his engines so I guess that's why he hasn't changed back. :? When a rider is not going well I think some of it is confidence and he seems to lack that this season. Mikael seems to take a long time to change his mechanic/tuner when things arn't going well, a couple of seasons ago the had a rubbish mechanic and it took him about three months to get rid of him. :roll: