British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sheephead

Attendances For British Gp

Great weekend always and worth every penny, or is that pound. BSI forever. :P

Great weekend always and worth every penny, or is that pound. BSI forever.  :P

Certainly helps if you get in for nothing and can get your hands on free programmes. ;)

Apparently 32,000 went to see the Sydney GP, that's just a little short of Cardiffs lowest attendances......... How come it was a financial failure?

Re Cardiff, If I was a hotelier and fillinging it every year for the speedway GP. I'd charge more each year. That weekend would need to subsidise the ones when my hotel is cheap and empty. It's general commerce.

The official gate was 19,200 I think .

Yes...but....rather than stopping altogether surely it's best to try to cut down on the expense?  :unsure:  It's not really necessary to stay overnight in a hotel as most, if not all tracks, run coaches to Cardiff - even Leicester send one and we haven't held Speedway for 24 years.  It still means you can be in Cardiff for the afternoon so don't miss any of the atmosphere.

Buy early and get the cheaper tickets - no-one has to spend £60.

Pack up some sandwiches and a bottle of pop etc., and give up excessive drinking throughout the day which must cost a bomb.  (Not aimed at anyone in particular.)  :P

It's also possible to find cheaper B/B's if you book early enough.  The one we have always stayed at since 2001 was charging £35 per night bed & breakfast last year which I don't think was too expensive.

You are spot on Gem, nobody HAS to spend a fortune for the weekend.

ok, its up to the individual, but im sure im right in saying, a lot of

people are now thinking twice about booking for the whole weekend.

I buy my ticket from Poole when our promotion get our allacation of

tickets. I get the same seat every year on the third fourth bend and

i get a fantastic view of the stadium and the Racing. I get on a coach

from Poole in the morning and the whole shooting match will probably

cost me £100. This year i will be packing my own sandwiches, as the grub

at the millenium stadium is dire, and extortionant outside the stadium.

Call me cheapskate but im not prepared to buy shoddie food at extortionant

prices!!. At least this year its not on Derby Day! :approve:

Certainly helps if you get in for nothing and can get your hands on free programmes. ;)

Do you, maybe you could get me in then. :D

you get me in and i will give you a programme.  :lol:

Thought those in The Know got in for nothing . :blink:;)

Guest thetiger2799

Have to say, I only go to Cardiff for the social aspect of it, the meeting itself, I cant stand.

Last year I didnt even watch it, saw 2 heats went out into the lobby, and came back for the final.

Have to say, I only go to Cardiff for the social aspect of it, the meeting itself, I cant stand.

Last year I didnt even watch it, saw 2 heats went out into the lobby, and came back for the final.

Ah,your parents paid for you did they?You spent most of the meeting with a coke can on your shoe pretending to be a rider.We all did that at some stage :D

It might not be the best meeting ever, but its not so bad that you have to spend your afternoon in the lobby, surely? :unsure:

I agree, the meeting at Cardiff is so bad, we arent going this year. Poland was 100 times better!

Did Cardiff, Copenhagen & Bydgocsz last year - atmosphere at the two 'foreign' venues was fantastic & well worth the trip - Cardiff didn't come anywhere near & we definitely won't be including that in our 'tour' this year, it will be one of our 'Sky' venues instead.

Did Cardiff, Copenhagen & Bydgocsz last year - atmosphere at the two 'foreign' venues was fantastic & well worth the trip - Cardiff didn't come anywhere near & we definitely won't be including that in our 'tour' this year, it will be one of our 'Sky' venues instead.

Copenhagen was good, thought bydgosh was not as good as past years but enjoyed Cardiff more than both of them, but lets see which are better this year.

Copenhagen was good, thought bydgosh was not as good as past years but enjoyed Cardiff more than both of them, but lets see which are better this year.

Did you watch the racing at Bydgoszcz? :o