British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StormMarketing

Colin Cook Aka Cookie

HI PEOPLE

I HAVE JUST READ A FEW POSTS REGARDING COLIN COOK AS I PERFORMED A SEARCH ON THESE FORUMS AND THERE WAS ONE OF TWO PEOPLE WONDERING WHAT HE WAS CURRENTLY UP TO...

WELL BEING HIS YOUNGEST SON THOUGHT I WOULD LET YOU ALL KNOW... HE STILL LIVES IN EAST ANGLIA IN IPSWICH WITH MY MUM SUE, HE STUCK WITH JUST THE 3 KIDS MY OLDER BROTHER DAVID WHO IS NOW 35 AND MY OLDER SISTER KIELY WHO IS NOW 26 I BELIEVE AND OF COURSE MYSELF....

HE HAS 5 GRAND CHILDREN NOW ADAM (14), ANTHONY (7), KACEY (2), CAMERON (2) AND KATELYN (7MONTHS).

HE HASN'T HAD ANY INVOLVEMENT IN SPEEDYWAY SINCE 1992 WHEN HE HAD HIS BENEFIT MEETING AT EXETER AND HASN'T ATTENDED ANY MEETINGS SINCE ABOUT 1993 DUE TO IPSWICH CHARGING HIM ENTRY FEES (HOW THEY CAN CHARGE EX RIDERS IS BEYOND ME).

HE HAS KEPT HIS INTEREST IN BIKES THOUGH HE OWNS A ROAD BIKE (HONDA VFR400) AND HAS BEEN A MECHANIC IN BRITISH SUPERBIKES...NOW WORKS AS A MECHANIC HIMSELF BUT ON CARS FOR HIS UNCLE

HE HAS ALSO HELPED OLLIE AT HIS KINGS LYNN RACE SCHOOL ON OCCASIONS....

IF ANYONE WANTS TO SHARE MEMORIES OF MY OLD MAN PLEASE DO SO AS I WAS ONLY 9 WHEN HE STOPPED RACING SO ANYTHING PRE 1988 I REALLY CANT REMEMBER

ALSO I WILL BE SELLING SOME COOKIE MEMORABILIA ON EBAY SOON INCLUDING RACE JACKETS, SIGNED PHOTOS, OLD PROGRAMS AND EVEN SOME TROPHIES SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO MAKE ANY OFFERS OR HAVE ANY ENQUIRIES

well i posted this on youtube recently ...

a great race at Mildenhall between Colin and Dave Jackson.

i rode at Exeter with your dad, and i got on ok with your mum ... think it was her that started a collection at Exeter when i broke my thigh.

so are you the one that used to run around the Exeter pits with that scraggly bit of hair at the back that i really wanted to cut :D

yeah i was the one with the rats tail....what years were you racing at the county ground, I think i recall your name but i think i was about 6 at the time lol

i was there 88 and 89, broke my leg there in 90 (and i have a get well card still that Kiely had done and stuck your name on :D )

just watched that utube race, i remember that one clearly, one of the best races i have ever seen in the sport... I wonder if anyone has uploaded any of his crashes - there were two at poole i remember were quite spectacular

well i was stood on the centre green on the first bend for one of them .... when his crash helmet flew off!!

well i was stood on the centre green on the first bend for one of them .... when his crash helmet flew off!!

I've seen that crash on "crashes and cock ups" 1989 video.

Nasty one, that crash!

I REMEMBER THAT ONE, WAS ABOUT 8 I THINK AT THE TIME AND STILL REMEMBER A POOLE FAN SHOUTING BEHIND ME "HAHA COOKIE HAS LOST HIS HEAD"

SURPRISING THAT HE GOT AWAY WITH A GASH ABOVE HIS EYE AND HE SWALLOWED HIS TONGUE I BELIEVE ALSO.... THE OTHER CRASH AT POOLE WAS WHERE HE CLIPPED SOMEONES BACK END GOING INTO TURN ONE AND CATIPULTED HIMSELF INTO THE FENCE AND OVER IT AND THE HANDLEBARS

SMACKED HIS MID-RIFT ON THE DOG TRACK AND WAS BLACK AND BLUE ALL OVER HIS CROWN JEWELLS :lol:

I REMEMBER THAT ONE, WAS ABOUT 8 I THINK AT THE TIME AND STILL REMEMBER A POOLE FAN SHOUTING BEHIND ME "HAHA COOKIE HAS LOST HIS HEAD"

Afraid we've always had our fair share of Neanderthols down here. :neutral:

Enjoyed watching Colin when he raced for the Lions .I think that 1980 & 81 being his best years

A great team man wherever he rode.