British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tanya

Prince Of Wales Trophy

Why on earth would anyone in their right mind be at Newport rather than at Sam's meeting?!  :unsure:  :rolleyes:

Obviously a Rhetorical Question. Where do you live, Lupus? Oh, I see. Well you would say that, wouldn't you? So the folks who went to the Under-21 international at Oxford aren't in their right minds either? Anyone who doesn't go to Wolverhampton ditto?

Q. How many Wolverhampton supporters does it take to screw in a Lightbulb?

A. Only one. She just holds up the bulb and the World revolves around her.

the PLACE is not in question.

HOWEVER the RIDER is!!

SAM is one of the best riders of his generation and been at the top for a long period.

id say anyone that could was at wolverhampton on sunday. To support a legend.

Lupus point is therefore totally valid :approve:

id say anyone that could was at wolverhampton on sunday. To support a legend.

Lupus point is therefore totally valid :approve:

Doesn't mean to say if you couldn't get there you're mentally challenged, does it? No disrespect to Sam so why disrespect supporters of other teams? In particular why go on to a thread about a totally different subject and mouth off?

Edited by BigFatDave

Back up a bit sunshine....wind your neck in :angry: - my comment was aimed at those who were sayng that SCB should have been at Newport so he could comment on Burza's performance. SCB had made the decision to choose Sam's meeting over the Newport one - my point stands - Why would anyone, if able to make that decision, choose Newport over Sam's meeting?! :blink:

Point me in the direction of any post where I commented on anyone being mentally challenged? :blink:

What difference it makes to someone who lives in Australia is beyond me?! :rolleyes:

Edited by lupus

Typical Burza. May as well not bother when he misses the gate. He hasn't got a clue when behind.

Can i point you in the dirrection of his last to first race from 15 meeters at Berwick mate. :wink:

:o

Edited by wjm

Can i point you in the dirrection of his first to last race from 15 meeters at Berwick mate. :wink:

You mean last to first sunshine :P

You mean last to first sunshine  :P

You're on the ball today sweetheart.

So, honesty from the warrior princess of the cruel, crazy town please, how far behind was he when the tapes rose? Still 15 metres, or had that shortened to nearer 5 metres? I wasn't there, so can't comment and will accept your verdict as the truth.

You're on the ball today sweetheart.

So, honesty from the warrior princess of the cruel, crazy town please, how far behind was he when the tapes rose? Still 15 metres, or had that shortened to nearer 5 metres? I wasn't there, so can't comment and will accept your verdict as the truth.

It was about 5, same as Glasgow last year. :lol:

Why would anyone, if able to make that decision, choose Newport over Sam's meeting?! 

Our glowing band of regulars who turn up whatever is on at Newport were there again.

I guess we turn up because we support our team and even if there is the event of the year on at Woverhampton we still go to Newport because there's something going on that we can call our own. Plus we all like a good drink and chat in the members lounge :rolleyes: after the meeting.

It was about 5, same as Glasgow last year. :lol:

Oh come on.... Stan the Man didn't jump :lol: That was just something a rider would describe as being "perfect" (making up as much ground as Stan did I mean :wink: )

when he gates hes good when he doesnt foget abowt it!!

Doesn't mean to say if you couldn't get there you're mentally challenged, does it? No disrespect to Sam so why disrespect supporters of other teams? In particular why go on to a thread about a totally different subject and mouth off?

interesting that youve put words in my mouth.

Your entitled to make of my post what you want.

However anyone that knows me there was no disrespect meant (as it clearly wasnt mentioned).

The fact that no one else has mentioned that means your on your own then, which says it all really. :)

As it happens id liked to have been at Newport to see David win - but SAM had to have my support that day.

Thats the very point indeed :approve:

And that doesn't describe an enigma?  :blink:

Someone who beats David Howe and losses to Sam Hurst is enigmatic, inconsistent if you prefer that word but I'd call inconsitent riders enigmatic myself.

No. An enigma would be someone who beats David Howe in one race and then loses to Sam Hurst for no apparent reason. There was a very good reason why Burza didn't beat Sam Hurst and that was because he made a mess of the second bend.

Edited by Stoaty

No. An enigma would be someone who beats David Howe in one race and then loses to Sam Hurst for no apparent reason. There was a very good reason why Burza didn't beat Sam Hurst and that was because he made a mess of the second bend.

With all due respect to Stan, Sam Hurst made what must have been the gate of his life and beat both Stan and Tony Atkin to the first bend. Tony and Sam made a hefty barrier for Stan to get past, he made a mess of the back straight and third bend and then just shut off and cruised around for his point. No doubt if it had been really important, Stan would have made more of an effort and possibly taken both of them but in fairness, Sam was away like a scolded rabbit with Tony snapping at his heels (probably not too keen on being beaten by a junior) and it might have been quite difficult for Stan to get passed the both of them at once as they were so close together. The point he cruised to was sufficient to get him into the final race so there was no need for him to bust a gut. Would have been interesting if the ref had excluded him for not racing though!

Would have been interesting if the ref had excluded him for not racing though!

To be honest I didn't even notice Burza in that race. The race between Sam and Tony was far too interesting, and we were busy shouting c'mon Sam! Theres nothing like the whippersnapper beating the a season rider :)