British Speedway Forum
shazzybird

3rd Time Lucky Canterbury Crusaders!

but Dean Barker hmmmmmm now how can I tempt him (Kev H one word from you and I'll.............:oops: )

You'll what Shazz? :shock::D

otherwise the job goes to KevH although I think he will have some very incriminating photos :oops: ........

That's going to get tongues wagging :lol:

Eat your heart out ebay!!!

Serious question - can anyone shine any light on why the proposed move from Kingsmead to Sturry Road never happened?

Bugga I knew I should of read this thread before Dad disappeared this morning, he's bound to phone during the day sometime so if no one has answered Kev I'll find out this afternoon.

Bugga I knew I should of read this thread before Dad disappeared this morning, he's bound to phone during the day sometime so if no one has answered Kev I'll find out this afternoon.

we're waiting??? :unsure:

Sorry Jef :oops: I forgot................. writes note to self and sticks on pc * Ask dad why Stadium move for Canterbury from Kingsmead to Sturry Road never went ahead*

Have they not turned that area into a park and ride now? or was it further down the road?

Back to the top of the thread again

Wooooooohooooooooooooo Marty's coming home only this time he's bringing his lad Sam with him.

We are not slow at OSM Shazzy! (;o)) "We HAVE got the Bryn factor"! just hope he get's some young OSM riders out here in Aussieland, 7 will do to start with. (:o)

Regards.

PS.

Go the Aussies!

Kevin H or any other Crusader fan i have a couple of pics of Canterbury riders circa 1970 that i cant identify.I have been on the Crusaders web site but cant see anyone like them there.is it possible to mail them to you to see if you can help.One looks a real bruiser with a striped shirt and a slight Elvis sneer :unsure: Also got an Eastbourne rider i`m unsure of as well ;)

Marty (alias Mark Martin) and son Sam arrive Heathrow tea time Wedneday and, all being well, will go straight to Arena to meet myself and Mark Loram...will then spend couple of ddays or so with Mark and, once sorted, have arranged digs for him in Oxford where Sam will be given every opportunity

Excellent Bryn, well done you finally got him over here! If I don't get to Arena on Wednesday I will try and meet up with you all at some point during the season. Maybe at the Mill House for old times sakes Mark :wink: Will even invite Knocker if he can behave :lol::P

Good Luck Sam we are all rooting for you M8 xx

:oops: Well I'm not Aussie am I :wink: Cheers Bryn owe you one :lol:

Edited by shazzybird

Kevin H or any other Crusader fan i have a couple of pics of Canterbury riders circa 1970 that i cant identify.I have been on the Crusaders web site but cant see anyone like them there.is it possible to mail them to you to see if you can help.One looks a real bruiser with a striped shirt and a slight Elvis sneer :unsure: Also got an Eastbourne rider i`m unsure of as well ;)

Of course you can email them to me iris - can't promise to name them, but I'll give it a go.

iris123 sent pm about canterbury pics.

I was always unsure about ANY eastbourne riders.

Not got a pm,but have put some pics on the webshots site.see the thread i started :D Thanks

Serious question - can anyone shine any light on why the proposed move from Kingsmead to Sturry Road never happened?

hope this was worth the wait..........

There was no monies left at Canterbury City Council to fund the project, the football club owned the lease at Kingsmead therefore their monies were tied up and there was a lot of protest from neighbouring houses concerning noise. Spoilsports :(