British Speedway Forum
shazzybird

3rd Time Lucky Canterbury Crusaders!

The rider in the striped rugby shirt is GERALD REARDON (rode 1969,8 matchs)

The other one is possibly aussie JIM CROWHURST (1969,18 matchs)

Reardon is 100 %,Crowhurst about 90%.

great fun trying to look these up.

Serious question - can anyone shine any light on why the proposed move from Kingsmead to Sturry Road never happened?

hope this was worth the wait..........

There was no monies left at Canterbury City Council to fund the project, the football club owned the lease at Kingsmead therefore their monies were tied up and there was a lot of protest from neighbouring houses concerning noise. Spoilsports :(

Thanks for that Shazzy.

They soon found the money for a park and ride though, didn't they? :mad:

Guest crusaders

hi all its mick ok located 50 old riders so far all 70 team all doin good,been good finding them and telling them about the canterbury web-site.only problem is a lot got no pc.a lot of them still have intrested in the sport and been most helpful. i.e les,barry crowson,brendan,tony reynolds,graham miles to name a few.mick

Guest crusaders

changed server saw ted the other week nearly got some things off him.i gave him some pics loved the photos i had

saw ted the other week nearly got some things off him.

That should read never Mick, I know he parts with nothing :wink: Especially after I told him what his body colours with the signatures on are probably worth :lol:

Bit naughty Mick enquiring about the price when you have plagued these people for speedway related items :wink:

Does really depend who they are signed by I know Unc. has one that is from the 50th speedway anniversary signed by all the riders in attendance that night. Already told him about the value of that one so I know he wont part with that easily :wink:

Edited by shazzybird

Guest crusaders

plagued these people ok what i find out keep to myself, 20 more like 2 thought your bite.told all riders about web-site just do my own thing now

The rider in the striped rugby shirt is GERALD REARDON (rode 1969,8 matchs)

The other one is possibly aussie JIM CROWHURST (1969,18 matchs)

Reardon is 100 %,Crowhurst about 90%.

great fun trying to look these up.

Thanks.After 30 years i finally found out who they are :D

Everything come to he/she that waits Iris. :approve:

Edited by shazzybird

Have I waited long enough for this thread to jerk back to life or must I wait on?

Lets have some more memories of the best team of our era to keep the mighty Crusaders name alive.

Do you not have any memories to share? :unsure:

Shazzybird, I can tell you that Mick Spink lives in Peterborough and is currently a driving instructor, if you want to update your 'where are they now' feature of your site.

Went to Canterbury several times - always used to holiday in Margate! Great track and I have many fond memories of the place.

Cheers.