British Speedway Forum
shazzybird

3rd Time Lucky Canterbury Crusaders!

this item ended this morning with a total of 0 bids ...

item UNSOLD

Must be looking at the wrong one then Honey, Bro bid and got it only £1.99 +p&p but worth a mint to me :approve:

Try this one HERE :wink:

A NICE LITTLE CHRISTMAS STOCKING FILLER FOR THE OLD MAN !!!!!
Or the ol' Bird :approve: Edited by shazzybird

Having just visited one of my relatives, we were talking about speedway memorabilia and what he had tucked away.

He went upstairs and came back down with scrap books, photos, body colours, programme boards even an old coat from Cliff and Maggies stall in mint condition :o amongst the items there was a belt, now I'm not sure if any of the older Crusader fans can remember this but he has this belt and the buckle is brass in colour with Canterbury Crusaders across the top of it and an etching of a rider he asked if I knew who the rider was..... well I didn't, he did tell me I just wondered if anyone could remember the item and who the rider was on the buckle. I am now the proud owner (til my brother see's it :wink:) of this belt as it belonged to my cousin who passed away in 1993 the only clue I will give you is the rider is from the 70's era.

If any Wimbledon fans read this he also have a square scarf like material with "Dons" printed all over it, some of the names on there are Ronnie Moore, Reg Trott and Reg Luckhurst just wondered if anyone can remember this and roughly what year it would have been from.

Many thanks

xx

p.s there was also a lovely :o picture of Scott Autry, Ivan Mauger, Barry Briggs all in there hmmmmmmm nice pants :wink::lol:

Edited by shazzybird

1. Ross Gilbertson.

Is that Barry Crowson on the bike :unsure:

Are you sure Graham Clifton not Dave Piddock?

Dad would name them all for me as I was only young when this team rode :wink: that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :approve:

I recognise Johnny Hoskins, Graham Banks, Ted hubbard, Graham Clifton and Barney Kennett. Who are the others?

Back: Ross Gilbertson, Ted Hubbard, Laurie Guifoyle, Graham Banks, Dave Piddock and Barney Kennett.

Front: Johnnie Hoskins, Graeme Smith.

Courtesy of www.121motorsport.co.uk

Two out of three aint bad (oh god where's Sean we'll have to start singing again :lol: )

Cheers though Kev. x (even if you did cheat :wink: )

Are you sure Graham Clifton not Dave Piddock?

:oops: Well it was 30 years ago! and I was only 11.

Went to my first away meeting with my wife to Canterbury to watch Sheffield in the KO cup. We enjoyed every minute of the day and can't believe such a track is missing to speedway now compared with what are around at some tracks now.

Edited by Del boy