British Speedway Forum
BOBBATH

Wildest Rider In The Provincial League

Perhaps ruthless rather than wild would have been a better description of Bill Andrews-I remember a huge punch up he had with Peter Vandenberg at Newport in 1965-also see Simmo's book page 43-44

Spot on Bobbath, but I'd throw Ivor Brown into the mix as well; another rider not renowned for taking prisoners.

BFD I agree-Ivor Brown in my view was THE top PL rider over the years. By the way does anyone know Ivor's age when he passed away?

Ivor Brown was a hard rider but never wild. Chris Julian is another rider who was wild, even his team mates were reluctant to ride with him.

Ask Olly Nygren about chris, he will raise his eyes to the heavens and groan.

Briggo has a cheek, criticising Blewett, seeing how the old hands wanted the young Briggo banned because he was considered to be dangerous.

Julians and Millen are 2 riders who would be in my dream team.

Ivor Brown was a hard rider but never wild. Chris Julian is another rider who was wild, even his team mates were reluctant to ride with him.

Ask Olly Nygren about chris, he will raise his eyes to the heavens and groan.

Briggo has a cheek, criticising Blewett, seeing how the old hands wanted the young Briggo banned because he was considered to be dangerous.

Julians and Millen are 2 riders who would be in my dream team.

Have to agree about Barry Briggs. He was only 16 I think, when he arrived and completely fearless.He copped quite a bit of criticism from the older riders because of his tearaway style. Cheers.

Wildest rider in the PL, its a no contest, Chris Blewitt by a mile am i correct in thinking he had to pack it in because he could no longer get insurance cover,No Ivor Brown was never wild.

The consensus from the posts seems to be its Mr. Blewett-one question remains therefore-where is he now-is he still with us??