British Speedway Forum
Trackman

The Red Duke.

Five decades on and Greg is still a racer. B) .. Hope the link works?

http://www.ovaltrack.net/modules.php?set_a...=view_photo.php

Gregs car is powerd by a Alfa Romeo 2Lt DOHC , Fuel injected, Methanol burning, 9,000 RPM, Ass Kicker! B) .... the pull and speed from 5,000 to 9,000 RPM is amazing. B)

http://www.historicspeedway.com/profiles.html

Regards.

PS.

And yes and after 3 decades of going left Trackman is still riding the high line. :rolleyes:

Edited by Trackman

Five decades on and Greg is still a racer. B) .. Hope the link works?

http://www.ovaltrack.net/modules.php?set_a...=view_photo.php

Gregs car is powerd by a Alfa Romeo 2Lt DOHC , Fuel injected, Methanol burning, 9,000 RPM,  Ass Kicker!  B) .... the pull and speed from 5,000 to 9,000 RPM is amazing.  B)

http://www.historicspeedway.com/profiles.html

Regards.

PS.

And yes and after 3 decades of going left Trackman is still riding the high line.  :rolleyes:

What a delight it is to see midget cars like these. Pity we have never had anything like it in the UK.

Good for Greg- I remember him mainly as a member of Halifax xhampionship winning team of 1966-I think the other second strings and they were all real contributors to the team success were Bert Kingston and Bob Jamieson are they also back in Aussie.??

Hi speedwayguy maybe we can bring 3 or 4 speedcars over to do some demo's, @ Sheffield or Peterborough, that would be so fast! B)

G/Day BobBath.... Bert has his bike shop in Brisbane "Kingston Motor cycles" and Bob is living on the Sunshine coast just up the road from Greg. At Gregs 60th birthday party there was a photo taken with all the old Halifax team...partying on ;)

I'll have a go at digging for some photos... :lol:

Regards.

Thanx Trackman -if you can find any photos that would be great

Thanx Trackman -if you can find any photos that would be great

G/Day BobB

I hope to have some photos on sunday from Greg... B)

Regards.

PS.

As long as he don't forget..... :rolleyes:

G/Day BobB

I hope to have some photos on sunday from Greg...  B)

Regards.

PS.

As long as he don't forget.....  :rolleyes:

At the Sydney leg of OzChamps 2007 we had a parade of about a dozen Midgets, all immaculately restored, plus driven by the original drivers including Bathurst 1000 winner John Harvey. Best thing about living in Sydney in the 70's was Speedway meetings with Solos, Sidecars and Midgets - something for everyone. Don't mind World of Outlaws but these modern Speedcars got no soul, and as for those things they race in Pommyland!

I remember watching the Red Duke when was it Eric Boocock brought Halifax down to Somerton Park.

BFD -am looking at program Newport v Halifax 14 April 1967- Wasps won 41-37. Greg scored 4. Scorers for Wasps Harrysson 14, Gooch 13, Golden 10,Francis 2, Bishop 2, Powell 0(only 6 riders-Erskine and Hughes crossed out in my prog). Dukes scorers Boothroyd 10,Boocock 7, Younghusband 7,Gavros 5,Kingston 4, Kentwell 4, Jameson 0. Hope this brings back memories

Good for Greg- I remember him mainly as a member of Halifax xhampionship winning team of 1966-I think the other second strings and they were all real contributors to the team success were Bert Kingston and Bob Jamieson are they also back in Aussie.??

How many can you recognise? ;)

http://au.msnusers.com/speedwaypeople/shoe...Photo&PhotoID=1

Regards.

Thanx Trackman got the pictures of 60th

At the Sydney leg of OzChamps 2007 we had a parade of about a dozen Midgets, all immaculately restored, plus driven by the original drivers including Bathurst 1000 winner John Harvey. Best thing about living in Sydney in the 70's was Speedway meetings with Solos, Sidecars and Midgets - something for everyone. Don't mind World of Outlaws but these modern Speedcars got no soul, and as for those things they race in Pommyland!

I remember watching the Red Duke when was it Eric Boocock brought Halifax down to Somerton Park.

Agree with your comments about pommyland midgets - they don't create any enthusiasm at all. Real British midgets died out in the late 1950s when the Skirrows packed up.

Quite a few speedway riders raced in them especially in Scotland - Johnny Green, Doug and Willie Templeton, Eric Liddell, among them.

Looking at the photo I would say the following

Ivan Mauger, Greg, Bert Kingston, Dennis Gavoros, Nigel Boocock,Brian Larner

(Kneeling) John Titman, Tom Shirra.

HOWS THAT !

Looking at the photo I would say the following

Ivan Mauger, Greg, Bert Kingston, Dennis Gavoros, Nigel Boocock,Brian Larner

(Kneeling) John Titman, Tom Shirra.

HOWS THAT !

G/Day .........you must be a Son of a Legend. B)

I bet you took the photo.......... ;)

Regards.

PS.

PMSL! :lol: