British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Floppy makes the squad

Haven't got the stats to back it up but I get the feeling Floppy is a bit more competitive away from Arlington this year. Having said that as someone else said we ain't gonna win the thing so why not give Harris and Steady a go.

Given the Americans team troubles we should at least qualify for the run-off, but that might be as far as we get again.

So glad Floppy got into the sqaud he deserves it he has been riding well all year home and away. He is better then Stonehewer and Wilson look at Wilson on his home track last year brought into the team and done nothing. Floppy and Deano will be a success!!!! Good luck boys us Eastbourne fans are behind you all the way!!!!

Having said that as someone else said we ain't gonna win the thing so why not give Harris and Steady a go.

Yep.

Eagles Fan, how can u say Norris is better than Stonehewer on which league they both ride in alone?

Apart from the last British Final which was at Eastie, Stoney has done better in that over recent years. I remember when Norris cried and pulled out at Cov once after one ride cos he didnt like the track, will he do that in Denmark too? Norris aint ever been in Gps either.

Guest JY2003

Come on FLoppy!He will try 110% for GB!

Congratulations to Floppy for making the GB squad.

Guest Oh no ur shoes!

Have you all forgotten somebody that should be in the GB squad...............

STUART ROBSON!!

Stuart has ridden fantastically this year and he always puts in 110% effort, surely he deserves a place in the squad! If you look, his average is only 0.07 below Norris!

As for Norris, he complains about most tracks, so what is he going to say about the Danish tracks? (If he moans, he may as well not be there!)

Norris is not international class and it's disgraceful that he has been picked. Away from his Eastbourne home he is very very ordinary. Even there he didn't exactly impress when riding for GB versus RoW !

I am also bemused by the decision to include Havvy - hardly setting the world on fire at the moment is he ?

How he can exclude Stoney is beyond me. The bloke is bang in form at the moment, and he should be in the team if only for his infectious enthusiasm and the team spirit he creates. Obviously his face doesn't fit, or maybe it's because he's northern based ?

Norris is not international class and it's disgraceful that he has been picked. Away from his Eastbourne home he is very very ordinary. Even there he didn't exactly impress when riding for GB versus RoW !

I am also bemused by the decision to include Havvy - hardly setting the world on fire at the moment is he ?

How he can exclude Stoney is beyond me. The bloke is bang in form at the moment, and he should be in the team if only for his infectious enthusiasm and the team spirit he creates. Obviously his face doesn't fit, or maybe it's because he's northern based ?

Stonehewers elite average is 6.10

Norris is on 6.78

Robson is on 6.71, but mosly from the reserve berth. In fact he is a weak link in the Bees side at the moment.

It's a rare thing when I defend and eastbourne rider but on this occassion Middlo has got it spot on. Wilson? Never in a onth of sundays. Simon Stead? No chance. Even Loram mentioned on Sky that the guy has stagnated and failed to move up to prove himself.

Lets face it. At the moment the best GB are going to do is the playoffs. Now that USA have pulled out it makes our chance slightly better but to make the final with such a team will be an excellent effort.

All this sack Middlo nonsense. What can the guy do when half his riders are injured?

Norris is on 6.78

Robson is on 6.71

Chris Harris is also around 6.7 (from memory) and would be a better choice due to his age and his better ability around away tracks.

I think Screen is on about 7.5 and has a wealth of international experience.

Havelock is way out of the equation on about 6.5 and dropping.

Well said Mr Shovlar.

I think its anyone from 5 or six for that last berth - but we're really pleased for Floppy. I think he'll surprise a few doubters.

Three of those riders at least are going to have to ride above themselves just to get us into the final. I'd want Floppy in my side in a scrap and no mistake.

Can i start by saying I'm as patriotic as anyone, and i'll be cheering for Teab GB whoever rides. HOWEVER, what happened to all the young up and coming riders that 'supposedly' were to be given a chance due to Nicholls, Loram and Richardson being GB's ONLY world class riders ?.

What have we done ?, picked more riders who are closer to the end of their career's rather than taking a bold step and thinking ahead. :x

Guest Oh no ur shoes!
Robson is on 6.71, but mosly from the reserve berth. In fact he is a weak link in the Bees side at the moment.

How can you say that Robbo is a weak link? He rides brilliantly for the Bees and does his best all the time! We don't really have a weak link, we just have lower rank riders, such as ryan, jason and robbo, but they aren't our weak link!