British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Floppy makes the squad

Well chuffed with Floppy's performance, he certainly never let anyone down!

The whole team did us proud tonight, here's to the race-off .......... good luck TeamGB!!!!!

Well chuffed with Floppy's performance, he certainly never let anyone down!

And there's me thinking you were a woman of great taste Trees :P;)

Go on the Aussie's :P :evil: :P :evil:

All you Floppy doubters got anything to say now then?

Yep - I've held my hands up on another thread and admitted I was wrong (and not just about Floppy).

Well done Floppy!!!!! All us Eastbourne supporters had faith in Norris and Deano and they done Eastbourne and Team GB proud tonight. Well done Floppy and Deano!!!! That will shut the critics up!!!! :D:D:D I wonder what they have to say about that all abit silent at the moment!!!

Well done David, I knew you could do it.

Yep well done Floppy, exceded all expectations and made me wonder how far this guy could have gone in his career before now if he'd constantly shown that commitment and determination :?:

Not a criticism but I'm sure over the years we've all see the David Norris who turned up at our tracks now and then not really too bothered. This version last night was focussed and determined, fully justified his inclusion. Good on ya Middlo - good choice and same again on Thursday please Floppy! :)

I never doubted the Brits for one minute, well done Middlo :P excellent choice of riders!

Phew! Just checked back on the posts on here and no..I've not made any comment about the team chosen.

Brilliant performance by the GB team, but let's not get too carried away because most races last night were just like match races with only Australia and Great Britain involved. I'm afraid barring a miracle Australia were always going to win with Adams and Crump covering the last couple of races.

Good luck on Thursday lads and let's hope they can ride as well and get through to

the final. :approve:

By the way was that really a small track? No times were given so I couldn't judge, but it didn't seem that small to me.

This thread makes great reading after the event! Some like Steve S, Salty & Rabbit had it worked out whilst some just showed their prejudice against Floppy and/or Eastbourne.

Well done Floppy, and the rest of the GB boys.

To the rider who "can't ride anywhere more than 15 minutes from Eastbourne" it's a good job you took your Tardis. :D

obviously they haven't seen him ride at Oxford, Belle Vue, Wolverhampton just to name a few, its the motorway track at Poole and the big Peterborough and Kings Lynn tracks he hates although I have seen him beat Sullivan at Pboro and Crump at Kings Lynn.

I think its all down to finance but this year he has got a lot more sponsorship

Whatever happens tonight, Floppy has proved a point. He can do it, with the right back-up and the right bike.

I'm writing this before tonights meeting and I'll say that anyone in a five racer meeting who gets near maximum points has an element of luck about them.

Jokers, five riders, international adrenelin running through every single rider. Who knows? But saying that, Goooo orrrn the boooooyyyyys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erm, forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't Norris only do as expected on Monday ? He only beat a few Slovenians, Italians and a well below par Todd Wiltshire !!

I'm not knocking him but some of the pro-Norris brigade are making out like he rode like a world champion ! He did what you would have expected against that opposition - no more, no less.

If he does the business tonight against better opposition I'll be the first to congratulate him, but lets not get carried away with his performance the other night considering the opposition.