British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paula

Scott Nicholls In The Gps

???

Having checked, Scott first rode in the GP's as a regular in 2002. This is his 6th year, he's failed in all but 1 when he did finish 7th (his second season in the GPs!), he's failed ever since. The excuses are coming thick and fast now. Bikes, mentors, injury, anything but talent it seems.

Is he really that great? Look at the Swedish and Polish averages and you'll see his GP level is justified!

I think he tried Brian Andersen either last year or the year before. I don't think the engine tuning is so much an issue but more the actual setup of the bike on raceday and changing things in reaction to track changes. Someone like Andersen could help in this regard - however Lee R started making major changes when his results weren't as he liked and too much of that can set you going backwards!

Is he really that great?  Look at the Swedish and Polish averages and you'll see his GP level is justified!

Scott has always considered his riding in England to be his priority over other leagues so I don't read too much into those figures - look at Joonas D's average in the UK compared to Sweden as one the other way round.

Scott has always considered his riding in England to be his priority over other leagues so I don't read too much into those figures - look at Joonas D's average in the UK compared to Sweden as one the other way round.

The difference being that Jonas Davidsson doesn't claim to be worthy of a GP place. Sorry, but from reading SCB's posts, he's not been too impressed with the British Champion's performances for Coventry this season.

And, of course, the British champion did say before the season that the GPs were a priority and that this was a "make or break" season for him. At the minute it's a break season and I can't see it turning around.

In truth, he's having the same sort of GP season that Richardson had last season and for the same reason - he shouldn't be there.

Jonas D just proves the point!! Scott Nicholls is to Sweden/GB and Jonas is to GB/Sweden!!!

Scotty has spent an awful lot of money over the winter with his change to GM, he did testing in italy, a bit in scunny and he went to oz.

Although he has had his fair share of issues over the past 9ish months personal and speedway ones he really needs to fine his speed for the EL and most definately GP's or next year will be most likely a non event for him GP wise.

It's like a big can of worms that needs to be unravaled and finely tuned.

btw. i know one of the persons who's name is on his gear and things could be more rosey so to speak in the SN camp.

Edited by Dungoid

Get rid of Havelock

Now what if Havvy wins on Monday and becomes the GP Wildcard for Cardiff? OK so it's only one meeting but it's everyman for himself in the GP's we all know that. Havvy could do himself and Scott a favour next week :wink:

Needs a proper mentor in likes of Mauger  ;)

Needs the incentive being kicked out of the GPs would give him. Or do we think that he'd fold, rather than rise to the challenge like Andersen did?

Needs the incentive being kicked out of the GPs would give him. Or do we think that he'd fold, rather than rise to the challenge like Andersen did?

Either way, it'd show what kind of rider he really is I suppose.

IMO Scott shouldn't be in the GP's ,as someone said before he has been in for six years and is still no further forward,the problem is who do you replace him with,Stead?Kennett? none of them seem to be ready yet,if i had to choose one i'd say steady as he is a racer like bomber and look how well he has done.

Edited by MattyHart

The difference being that Jonas Davidsson doesn't claim to be worthy of a GP place. Sorry, but from reading SCB's posts, he's not been too impressed with the British Champion's performances for Coventry this season.

And, of course, the British champion did say before the season that the GPs were a priority and that this was a "make or break" season for him. At the minute it's a break season and I can't see it turning around.

In truth, he's having the same sort of GP season that Richardson had last season and for the same reason - he shouldn't be there.

Dont get too used to saying that in a thread about Scotty. you wont need to anymore in a couple of days :D