British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Highlander

Under 21 Line Ups

Yep qualifiers should have been held on neutral tracks surely .................

Does anyone know heat after heat from today?

At the Plymouth U21 qualifier there were 6 riders/ex-riders from Plymouth who all knew their way around the SBA. I'm not suggesting that the Plymouth qualifier was fixed. It was great that there actually was a Northern qualifier this year and not just 2 Southern ones. I'm sure all the Northern riders that attended were pleased not to have to travel too far and many of them use Scunthorpe for training anyway.

I'm sure this thread was started by a Plymouth fan as it's a familiar comment from their site.

Stop the wind ups and concentrate on praising ALL riders ( who risk serious injury to entertain us each week - as other threads show)

Threads that begin the way Mr.A started this one do nothing to enhance the sport.

At the Plymouth U21 qualifier there were 6 riders/ex-riders from Plymouth who all knew their way around the SBA. I'm not suggesting that the Plymouth qualifier was fixed. It was great that there actually was a Northern qualifier this year and not just 2 Southern ones. I'm sure all the Northern riders that attended were pleased not to have to travel too far and many of them use Scunthorpe for training anyway.

I'm sure this thread was started by a Plymouth fan as it's a familiar comment from their site.

Stop the wind ups and concentrate on praising ALL riders ( who risk serious injury to entertain us each week - as other threads show)

Threads that begin the way Mr.A started this one do nothing to enhance the sport.

and i am sure that i know the plymouth fans enough to know they wouldnt hide behind a false name scribbler..

we originally had 3 riders from our squad in the U21's and with also 3 of them having only had the press and practise day to get to grips with the track so i couldnt call that an advantage. as we have pretty much a whole new team this year.

but when 2 riders pulled out then our reserve riders came in which made it more of the plymouth riders involved.. jamie westacott was there but he is a weymouth asset.

dont know why richie dennis pulled out you cant say the promotion didnt know in enough time as every promoter had the same email miles in front of the event and the email told them to inform the riders where they were riding. but to pick and choose saying it is to far to travel to ride is amazing it was allowed.

but ohh well it is all done now unfair for the away riders visiting the scunny track i know but itis for the riders to take that up with peter oaks.

darren

Riders Scores:

1st Tai Woffinden (Scunthorpe and Rye House) 15

2nd Joshua Auty (Scunthorpe and Redcar) 14

3rd Andrew Tully (Scunthorpe and Edinburgh) 13

4th Scott Richardson (Scunthorpe) 10

5th Benji Compton (Scunthorpe and Berwick) 9

6th Jamie Courtney (Redcar) 9

7th Joe Haines (Scunthorpe) 9

8th James Cockle (Scunthorpe and Sheffield) 8

9th Richie Dennis (Scunthorpe) 8

10th Sean Stoddart (Boston and Newcastle) 7

11th Simon Lambert (Boston) 5

12th Kriss Irving (Stoke) 4

13th Gary Beaton (Cleveland) 3

14th Jerran Hart (no club) 2

15th Darren Mallett (Boston) 1

16th Charles Wright (Workington) 0

Ben Hannon (reserve - no club) 2

But I can't find the Heat by Heat results. :unsure:

Edited by Mildenhall 07'

I think the final being held at Eastbourne isnt really fair either. Bridger and Kennett no that place inside out.

Three rounds of British Under 21 Qualifiers.

But to have 7 riders, who ride week in week out that track for their club, is a bit unfair to the others.

I know Richie should of been at Plymouth and he was moved to Scunthorpe becayse I presume the distance was to far. But to then ask Cal McDade to race who is from Glasgow taking the p i s s.

The question has to be asked to Peter Oakes, Is this draw really out of the hat? If yes, Who was the Witness?

This draw was an absolute disgrace, and gave the Scunthorpe Riders a huge advantage over others like Ben Hannon, Jamie Courtney, Sean Stoddart etc.

In no way am I slaggin off the Scunny riders as I have to say they were all simply awesome, especially Scott Richardson. Also feel really bad for Tully as he would of been in the Final if not for a snapped chain! OUCH

I know I am not going to get my answers but still, even Scunny fans should be able to see where I am coming from?

Cheers

I take your point...........whoever you are, but where do you suggest that these Qualifiers are held???

If you hold them on any Conference league track someone is going to be at an advantage ,

If you hold them on Premier league tracks, again some riders will have an advantage and so on.

The more important issue here is that the three tracks that staged the qualifiers Plymouth ,Scunthorpe and Weymouth, all benefited from an extra meeting and of course extra revenue,with of course the added attraction of some home riders to cheer on, which in turn helps to keep these tracks financialy viable.

That then goes to help the riders and gives them somewhere to race every week.

Without the tracks at this level there would be very few under 21 riders anyway............

Also do you think that an under 21 qualifier (mainly consisting of Conference Riders ) staged at say Coventry, Somerset and Newcastle , would have much appeal to Speedway fans in those areas...........probably little or none

The present format may give some riders an advantage but eventually the cream will come to the top wherever they race

Edited by weymouth alicat

Weymouth Alicat - a brilliant post - sensible and unbiased.

Just like I TRY to be.

thanks Scribbler........................ive never been linked with the word brilliant before :)

Benji came 4th didnt he? go benji!! And good luck in the run-off dude!

It surley does mean Tai is riding for Britain? with him being in the british under-21 final?

Well done Tai, Josh and Jamie!

Three rounds of British Under 21 Qualifiers.

But to have 7 riders, who ride week in week out that track for their club, is a bit unfair to the others.

ok if teams had seven home riders with home advantage , how many of them got through to the final ??????? :blink:

Thinking about it :rolleyes: -

The powers that be probably put all Scunny riders in the same qualifier SPECIFICALLY so that few Scunny riders qualified. If our boys had been placed to qualify as 3 at Plymouth 3 at Weymouth and 2 at Scunthorpe we might have had an U21 final made up of all Scunthorpe riders!!!!!!!!! :D

I think that this blows the conspiracy theory that began this thread right out. :blink:

There will always be the "It's not fair" brigade who

Knock riders when they're up

Or when they're down

. And if they're not knocking the riders they're knocking the management.

And if they're not doing that they are insulting each other on the forums. :rolleyes:

Edited by scribbler

I take your point...........whoever you are, but where do you suggest that these Qualifiers are held???

If you hold them on any Conference league track someone is going to be at an advantage ,

If you hold them on Premier league tracks, again some riders will have an advantage and so on.

The more important issue here is that the three tracks that staged the qualifiers Plymouth ,Scunthorpe and Weymouth, all benefited from an extra meeting and of course extra revenue,with of course the added attraction of some home riders to cheer on, which in turn helps to keep these tracks financialy viable.

That then goes to help the riders and gives them somewhere to race every week.

Without the tracks at this level there would be very few under 21 riders anyway............

Also do you think that an under 21 qualifier (mainly consisting of Conference Riders ) staged at say Coventry, Somerset and Newcastle , would have much appeal to Speedway fans in those areas...........probably little or none

The present format may give some riders an advantage but eventually the cream will come to the top wherever they race

Im not saying swap the tracks, Im just saying, why is it that every Scunthorpe rider who rode in the under 21 qualifier was in the round at thier home track. It just gave the likes of Woffinden, Auty, Tully, Compton that little bit more track knowledge and craft and made the other riders such as Darren Mallett, Jeron Hart, Ben Hannon, Simon Lambert at a less advantage.

But as I said earlir - it also gave Scunthorpe riders a disadvantage. More Scunthorpe riders MAY have qualified if they had ridden on different tracks.

Simon Lambert I think has only ridden one less meeting on our track this season than the Scunny riders ( and I'm not sure whether he trains at Scunthorpe because I don't live there - if so he will have ridden the track more than some of our riders) I can't say about the other riders - all riders have off days - home or away - anyway.