British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Highlander

Under 21 Line Ups

I've just noticed in this weeks "Star" that the Scunthorpe round has no fewer than seven home riders taking part. The Weymouth round has four home riders listed. Surely in fairness the riders should have been a bit more spread out. Scunthorpe for example could have had three at home two at Weymouth and two at Plymouth. In my opinion it opens up two things. 1. Home riders at this level having too much of an advantage and 2 Team mates looking out for one another to ensure an easier passage. If there is a reason for this I'd love to know it.

Why is it that no one mentioned the fact that all the Plymouth entries rode at Plymouth?? It shows what a good young side Scunthorpe have got, having seven entrants in this, I do understand what you are saying though,maybe they should just have a draw, like they do with football :)

I've just noticed in this weeks "Star" that the Scunthorpe round has no fewer than seven home riders taking part. The Weymouth round has four home riders listed. Surely in fairness the riders should have been a bit more spread out. Scunthorpe for example could have had three at home two at Weymouth and two at Plymouth. In my opinion it opens up two things. 1. Home riders at this level having too much of an advantage and 2 Team mates looking out for one another to ensure an easier passage. If there is a reason for this I'd love to know it.

Its because this is speedway, it would'nt be right if every thing was sensible.

Always thought the qualifying rounds and thats what they are , not semi finals were supposed to be regionalised, thats why you get so many riders racing on their home circuit. But why oh why have two on the south coast, both on friday evenings, does not make sense. Should have had one at a midlands track.

And who's crackpot idea was it to have a semi-final and a final in a qualifying round? Can see the senario now, rider A scores a flawless 15 point maximum, head and shoulders above the rest, odds on favorite to take the title, comes out in the final and has a puncture when leading, thats him out of the championship. Pathetic bloody rule :mad::mad:

Its because this is speedway, it would'nt be right if every thing was sensible.

Always thought the qualifying rounds and thats what they are , not semi finals were supposed to be regionalised, thats why you get so many riders racing on their home circuit. But why oh why have two on the south coast, both on friday evenings, does not make sense. Should have had one at a midlands track.

And who's crackpot idea was it to have a semi-final and a final in a qualifying round? Can see the senario now, rider A scores a flawless 15 point maximum, head and shoulders above the rest, odds on favorite to take the title, comes out in the final and has a puncture when leading, thats him out of the championship. Pathetic bloody rule :mad:  :mad:

Woffinden, Auty & Courtney. Unluckiest person to not qualify was Tully. 13pts from first 5 rides, he qualified for run-off semi-final only to shed chain while leading 4th lap. Gutted is an understatement.

what did richie dennis and simon lambert, darren mallet do

Dennis 8 from 5, ret in 1. Lambert 5 from 5 but after nasty crash involving Tai, Si & Cockle in his last, did not come out for re-run(bad leg). Mallett 2 from 5.

I do believe a rider from Scunthorpe was to ride in the Plymouth draw, but it was reported it was to far to travel so a reserve took his place. And that rider just happend to be riding today at Scunthorpe. So why if he did not ride his allocated spot was he allowed to take another which was at his home track.

Richie Dennis was down to ride at Plymouth - but injury to a rider (forget who) - saw common sense and save Rcihie a trek - it also let a local rider to Plymouth (again forget who) get his chance to ride without a long journey

Talking about home advantage I think lewis Bridger maybe the fravourate to win the final on his home track at Eastbourne, especially when most of the riders have never been on the track before.

Woffinden, Auty & Courtney. Unluckiest person to not qualify was Tully.

Now that Tai has competed in and more importantly qualified for the Final of the British Under 21s (and who would bet against him winning the Final..: I wouldn't..!!): then surely this must end the 'debate' about whether he is to compete on the international scene as a Brit or an Aussie...

As the British Under 21s is the route onto the World Under 21s (and Tai's a near certainity to progress to them), then surely he has nailed his colours (red, white & blue!!) to the British mast...??! :unsure:

Or has he..?? Let's note for future reference that young Brits like Andrew Tully missed out of the 2007 GB Final; so it was would be a poor state of affairs if indeed someone who opted later to ride for another country progressed at their expense..?? :rolleyes:

Three rounds of British Under 21 Qualifiers.

But to have 7 riders, who ride week in week out that track for their club, is a bit unfair to the others.

I know Richie should of been at Plymouth and he was moved to Scunthorpe becayse I presume the distance was to far. But to then ask Cal McDade to race who is from Glasgow taking the mickey.

The question has to be asked to Peter Oakes, Is this draw really out of the hat? If yes, Who was the Witness?

This draw was an absolute disgrace, and gave the Scunthorpe Riders a huge advantage over others like Ben Hannon, Jamie Courtney, Sean Stoddart etc.

In no way am I slaggin off the Scunny riders as I have to say they were all simply awesome, especially Scott Richardson. Also feel really bad for Tully as he would of been in the Final if not for a snapped chain! OUCH

I know I am not going to get my answers but still, even Scunny fans should be able to see where I am coming from?

Cheers

Oakes has always played the "favourites" game.