British Speedway Forum

Well done to Bomber, 7 points is nothing to be disappointed with in his first GP as a full rider.

Well done to Bomber, 7 points is nothing to be disappointed with in his first GP as a full rider.

I agree with that statement. But to go overboard and say he had a good GP is stretching it way too far.

He wasn't embarressed, but didn't do anything either. Lets be realistic here.

Of course I want him to do well, but last night wasn't anything to write home about or start a thread over. Just my opinon of course.

Well done Bomber for what its worth i think you did well in your first gp. :) Some people on here are so desperate for a british wold champion that nothing less than a win in your first gp season will do.If he rode for poole certain people would have said that he had a good start for a young british rider, if he was polish it would have been a great start for yet another young pole who placed higher than the begger in his first gp and for the rest of us he did ok in his first gp.Lets be honest Chris is going to give more entetainment for people around the world than some of these gate and go boring europeans that are in speedway now. If bomber , loram ,nicholls and stead and riders like them lined up for every race people would flock to speedway as no one would ever choose who would make the gate but you would be guaranteed a great race with all 4 riders going balls out to win untill the chequred flag. Still nevermind you cant please everyone :rolleyes:

Guest Jacques

It certainly was, a promising start. Nothing spectacular as yet ,but I feel sure that he will continue to improve and if he can replicate the spectacular racing, that he produces week in week out in the elite league, to the GP's ,were in for some exciting times ahead....

nice one Bomber :D

Yeah tis certainly a BIG season for Bomber Harris. He's made a good start to 2007 and the GP Series just hope he can keep it up.

I agree with that statement. But to go overboard and say he had a good GP is stretching it way too far.

Of course I want him to do well, but last night wasn't anything to write home about or start a thread over. Just my opinon of course.

................of course if Kennett ever gets in the GP's, we'll never hear the last from some supporters.......!!!!

Edited by dred18

To be completely fair to young Shovlar, his little favourite Lindback did make the final at his first proper GP, so he is, more or less, comparing Harris' debut with a rider he admires. However, apart from the occasional GP here and there, Lindback isn't making the sort of strides young Shovlar expected of him.

I think you are doing Bomber a huge disservice Steve. Let's face it, how many on here were expecting Chris to struggle to score against everyone but the wild-card on Saturday night.

I also feel that if it had been Edward Kennett's GP debut, and Kennett had produced the same performance and finished one point off the semi's (remember, Chris was little more than half a bike length from making the semi's, because had he passed Hampel in heat 14 he would have been through) then you would have been virtually gushing with praise.

You say he didn't do anything, yet he was able to pass both Jonsson and Bjarne Pedersen in two of his rides (although passing Bjarne seems to be almost routine for Chris at the moment!). Furthermore, he scored more than a lot of riders who are vastly more experienced at the top level. So credit where credit is due I say.

I'm sure you will point to Lindback as an example of how to make a GP debut, but performances like that are usually the exception to the rule. After yesterday's performance from Lindback, I know who I'd rather be right now!

Edited by G the Bee

I think you are doing Bomber a huge disservice Steve.  Let's face it, how many on here were expecting Chris to struggle to score against everyone but the wild-card on Saturday night.

Harris couldn't even pass Troy Batchelor at Poole last week. Or Boyce. Didn't even win a heat.

I am certainly not doing Harris a disservice. He scored OK on Saturday, a similar performance to Poole last Monday, but not worthy of high praise IMO. If he had made the semi, well it would have been an acheivement. As it was, he failed. But then we are used to failure in this country, and accept a 7 point haul from 5 rides as a brilliant debut. :rolleyes:

I want Harris to do well, but let's be realistic about Saturday.

Well done to the Bomber, a very good showing in his first Grnd Prix, lets hope that he can keep it up.

Harris couldn't even pass Troy Batchelor at Poole last week. Or Boyce. Didn't even win a heat.

I am certainly not doing Harris a disservice. He scored OK on Saturday, a similar performance to Poole last Monday, but not worthy of high praise IMO. If he had made the semi, well it would have been an acheivement. As it was, he failed. But then we are used to failure in this country, and accept a 7 point haul from 5 rides as a brilliant debut. :rolleyes:

I want Harris to do well, but let's be realistic about Saturday.

Totally agree Steve, as long as i've got a hole in my ar$e Chris will struggle on the Olsen prepared tracks. Unless of course he learns to gate. Credit must go to him for qualifiying in the first place though.....

I'm a bit of a neutral where Bomber is concerned. Not a big fan, but nothing against him either. In my opinion he rode better than expected on Saturday. Before the meeting I certainly wouldn't have expected him to come close to making the semis, so I thought he had a very impressive debut.