Group 2 is

Plymouth

Stoke

Boston

Weymouth

Why oh why are they having it at Plymouth...only ever going to be one winner

And not in the most practical place..

Hmm, but why..?? :unsure:  :unsure:

Section seems to be for events, perhaps it would be clearer if named individual events (as opposed to league and cup meetings)

here IS the correct place for the topic

Its a new section, it makes sense and most seem to find it ok.

The name and what was included in here has nothing to do with me, the idea I backed as a good one and still do especially when it comes to testimonials and benefit meetings which often got lost in respective EL/PL/CL sections - not everyone reads every section and we cannot afford duplicate topics all over the place. I was only answering your query and confirming that it seems to be in the correct section!

Probably best to leave this particular thread now for discussion of the CL 4tt. If you feel strongly about it, drop Phil a note, he's always open to suggestions to make things better and happy to listen and he is the only one with the power to change and modify sections :)

Why oh why are they having it at Plymouth...only ever going to be one winner

Its a BSPA shared event, therefor, every club gets a cut of the gate money. Plymouth probably get the best attendances in the CL so it was no brainer really.

And not in the most practical place..

And not the best day of the week to have such an event :rolleyes:

Surely Rye House or Boston would have been easier for a wider variety of supporters. :blink: I admit that Plymouth have big crowds of their own but it doesn't give the rest of the teams much chance to have their supporters behind them. :cry:

you know something, i dunno why I bother. i try and help, I offer an explanation, I suggest you contact Phil to make suggesttions and point out he'll happily listen but no you chose for whatever reason to call me a facist. Well guess what? I don't care anymore, I certainly don't give a damn what you think of me you meed my respect for that, and if you can't accept civil suggestions then why should I bother :mad:

but I will say something - this topic is for discussion of the CL4TT NOT your grievances. Any firther discussions off topic will be deleted by this supposed facist

So ..... the collective view of the contributors to this thread is that the Plymouth track confers too much of a home advantage, Plymouth is geographically inconvenient, the Devils hold their meetings on the wrong night and they have too many fans. This of course excludes Devil Darren who is biased.

Thank you all so much for your 'well considered' views :angry:

So when are you kicking the Dvils out of the CL then? It must only be a matter of time? : still angry:

Its just a bit annoying how it has been succesfully staged at Stoke for the past few seasons and there was obviously hardly any (if any) home track advantage, plus an airfence and based in the middle of the country. Why change something when there is clearly nothing wrong with the way it was?

Plymouth have a really strong team, they will walk this.

strong team ???

scunny know this place well..as do others

i can see our team being something like.

1) Seemond Stephens 11

2) Tom Brown 9

3) Nicki Glanz 2

4) Adam Roynon 7

dont quote me on it but that is who i would field to give us the best chance but this is speedway anything can happen.

we have a great fan base and the choice of plymouth was voted between all promoters. if they didnt want it then they would have voted against it..

we will welcome all with open arms

darren

Not knocking Stoke .... but last year at Loomer Road on a Saturday night there wasn't that many people there for the 4TT !!

Now that was surely a good night for most, pretty central to many !! What was wrong with that ???? About 20 or so Devils made the trip to watch a great night's racing, but there wasn't much support for the other sides. :blink::blink:

Still Friday's the start of the weekend ... why not spend a couple of days in the West Country ?? Yes we'll have a good crowd (the best in the CL by far !! :P) but one and all are welcome to come down to the Arena. :D