British Speedway Forum
Fozzie4388

Conference League 4tt Draw Announced

Cheers Lioness - I apologise for the harsh tone of my previous post.

But people don't appear to be finding this thread - it would be great if you could take up our suggestions.

All the best

Rob

EDIT: Where did Lioness's post go??

Edited by lucifer sam

i didnt see it..

i would like to know why..

if people come onto the site to find about the CL 4TT and cant find it quickly in the right section then they are not going to bother and see were it is and maybe not come to plymouth.

it is a CL fixture and not an individual or testimonial..

surely teams rely on the forums to promote there clubs and fixture's at the stadiums if it is the wrong forum then that becomes useless..

darren

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Alternatively, is the Plymouth site covering?

Thanks

Whilst I think the shared events should move around, and I do think Plymouth is a great track, maybe the date is a problem? In another two weeks it will be half term, and that would mean an even bigger crowd.

I'd love to be there, but I'm elsewhere that day, and hoping Buxton will upset the applecart!

(I'm allowed to live in hope aren't I?)

we have been averaging around the 1500-1800 mark all last season and we getting those right now with the fixtures we have had so half term would mean more kiddes that live further away could make it...

but we dont set the dates..

and i still havent had my answer as to why it is in here. ?

darren

and i still havent had my answer as to why it is in here. ?

darren

I would suggest we give up, Darren, as neither me, you or Rob have had any luck with this..

At least the two of you didn't get a load of abuse for raising the issue..!!! :neutral:

Hey guys - look at the heading of this section!!  :wink:

Dear Mod Team - thank you!

All the best

Rob

Well, okay, but surely it would have been more sensible to have events like Four Team Tournaments discussed under the Conference League section; and leave the "individual" meetings bit for,er, individual meetings..?! ;)

After all, the next logical step for this new direction of the Mods is to remove challenge matches (like the ill-fated one due to be at Scunny yesterday) away from the CL section too: coz let's face it, they're NOT actually League matches either are they.. :unsure::blink:

This was a case of a mistake being made in putting this fixture in this section, but instead of holding one's hands up, great effort was expended in saying, "no it's not us that's wrong..: it's everyone else!". :angry:

As you've noted before, Rob, when the CL4TT was 'allowed' to be discussed in the CL section, it attracted loads more genuine interest in it as a discussion thread.

Oh well, it's not, I guess, for me to wonder why..??!!

On topic, Crusaders line-up for Frday is:

Dean Felton

Joe Reynolds

Gordon Meakins

Luke Goody

Well, okay, but surely it would have been more sensible to have events like Four Team Tournaments discussed under the Conference League section; and leave the "individual" meetings bit for,er, individual meetings..?! ;)

After all, the next logical step for this new direction of the Mods is to remove challenge matches (like the ill-fated one due to be at Scunny yesterday) away from the CL section too: coz let's face it, they're NOT actually League matches either are they.. :unsure:  :blink:

This was a case of a mistake being made in putting this fixture in this section, but instead of holding one's hands up, great effort was expended in saying, "no it's not us that's wrong..: it's everyone else!". :angry:

As you've noted before, Rob, when the CL4TT was 'allowed' to be discussed in the CL section, it attracted loads more genuine interest in it as a discussion thread.

Oh well, it's not, I guess, for me to wonder why..??!!

On topic, Crusaders line-up for Frday is:

Dean Felton

Joe Reynolds

Gordon Meakins

Luke Goody

:o No Warwick (PL commitments presumably) or Baseby?

Hey guys - look at the heading of this section!!  :wink:

Dear Mod Team - thank you!

All the best

Rob

You're welcome Rob, thanks for the suggestion - oh and you weren't going daft lol it was me that removed my previous post cos I was fed up getting hassle! lol Thought I'd just wait till Phil managed to change it rather than say I'd asked him to

Devil-Darren  Posted Today, 10:18 AM

we have been averaging around the 1500-1800 mark all last season and we getting those right now with the fixtures we have had so half term would mean more kiddes that live further away could make it...

but we dont set the dates..

It wasn't a dig a Plymouth, I realise that the dates are set centrally, it was just a general observation. Mind you I know several conference teams who would kill for crowds around the the 1500 - 1800 mark!

Hopefully I can get there for the Buxton fixture during the summer which will boost the gate by another 4.

I think the league made a good choice in Plymouth for holding the fours

Like Darren said their crowds are 1500 on average plus the traveling support it should be a great crowd for friday meeting

So it should be a good pay out for all the conference team which should help some of the small clubs :D

the traveling support  for a friday meeting

I've just quoted what I think is the problem - not for you Wessex guy, you live not too far away.

I know that Plymouth have fantastic support at home meetings ( not so sure about away ) but it is such long way to go - and impossible for many supporters to get there on a working day.

Yes that does appear to be a bit of a problem, I have asked around and most people have said no, they cannot get the time off work..........with all due respect Plymouth for most is a day-trip not just an evening ride.

I agree that Plymouth is a nice track, they attract a great crowd who are very friendly..........my biggest gripe is them porta-loos on my last three visits I have managed to find one with no light in it!!! ..............ah well, might give someone a giggle if me frock is tucked in me pants!!!! :):):)

I can confirm that the Cleveland Bays will take the place of Stoke in Group 2.

The Bays will line up...

Mark Burrows

Gary Beaton

Martin Emerson

Greg Blair

Jason Pipe

Bays Team Manager