British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bazaar3

Who Should Ride For The Uk In The Wtc?

I have a feeling this topic may go on for a while.

Personally I have a lot of belief that the England (or the UK :shock: ) can once again reach the final with some of the form certain riders are showing this year.

I have a lot of respect for Middlo who has boosted us onto the rostrum in the last couple of years with weaker squads then most and he will have another tough decision to make this year with his picking.

So...who would you choose?

On current form, I would personally pick:

Nicholls

Harris

Stead

Kennett

Richardson

With Howe, Screen and Norris on standby.

James Grieves

Ross Brady

David McAllan

Derek Sneddon

Andrew Tully (res)

James Grieves

Ross Brady

David McAllan

Derek Sneddon

Andrew Tully (res)

Like cricket, your just going to have to accept the Scottish are not good enough at this sport to compete.

Looks worse then the Latvian team. :lol::P

I wouldn't name Ed in the starting 5 (although he's having a cracking season :approve: ) as it's at Brandon. David H has a better record than him at Brandon. Joe has a good career record at Brandon, although he was crap earlier this season for BV, so he would be my first reserve. It gets tricky after that. On paper you would probably have the likes of Ed and David N next in the queue, but Olly is another option. His form is good now, and he's another home rider that knows and (seemingly) likes the track. Olly can gate as well, which is not vital at Brandon but it always helps if you can get out of the gate. David N doesn't have a good record at Brandon, and is a self-confessed non-gater.

So...

Scott

Chris

Lee

Simon

David H

Screen

Olly/Ed

Like cricket, your just going to have to accept the Scottish are not good enough at this sport to compete.

Looks worse then the Latvian team. :lol:  :P

I know . Kevin Little retiring was a blow , but for that we'd be up there challenging . :P

I wouldn't name Ed in the starting 5 (although he's having a cracking season  :approve: ) as it's at Brandon.  David H has a better record than him at Brandon.  Joe has a good career record at Brandon, although he was crap earlier this season for BV, so he would be my first reserve.  It gets tricky after that.  On paper you would probably have the likes of Ed and David N next in the queue, but Olly is another option.  His form is good now, and he's another home rider that knows and (seemingly) likes the track.  Olly can gate as well, which is not vital at Brandon but it always helps if you can get out of the gate.  David N doesn't have a good record at Brandon, and is a self-confessed non-gater.

So...

Scott

Chris

Lee

Simon

David H

Screen

Olly/Ed

Thank god your not Middlo.

Matching an 8 point rider with a 4 point rider is bordering on the insane level.

Each to their own I suppose.

Let the rest of the argueing commence.... B)

I know . Kevin Little retiring was a blow , but for that we'd be up there challenging .  :P

:lol: Class.

Thank god your not Middlo.

Matching an 8 point rider with a 4 point rider is bordering on the insane level.

Have you seen Ed at Brandon? He's certainly not an 8 point rider, or anywhere near it. If the 1st round was at Poole then he'd be in...no doubt. It's not, so take off your rose-tinted etc

Scott

Chris

Lee

Simon

David H

Screen

Olly/Ed

Strangely, I agree entirely :P

Not a fan of the competition...not sure I'll be taking my usual spot at Brandon either...but I AM sure that at this moment in time, that should be the line-up for Coventry.

It's actually pretty obvious.

I have a feeling this topic may go on for a while.

Personally I have a lot of belief that the England (or the UK :shock: ) can once again reach the final with some of the form certain riders are showing this year.

I have a lot of respect for Middlo who has boosted us onto the rostrum in the last couple of years with weaker squads then most and he will have another tough decision to make this year with his picking.

So...who would you choose?

On current form, I would personally pick:

Nicholls

Harris

Stead

Kennett

Richardson

With Howe, Screen and Norris on standby.

would have to agree,at the moment, thats about as good as it gets

Edited by stuart road

i would choose howe over stead.

LOl you're having a laugh

I wouldn't name Ed in the starting 5 (although he's having a cracking season  :approve: ) as it's at Brandon.  David H has a better record than him at Brandon.  Joe has a good career record at Brandon, although he was crap earlier this season for BV, so he would be my first reserve.

I don't think Screen will be used but just to point out when Belle Vue were there earlier the season he made a big cockup trying two engines he had bought from Mark Loram setup for Poland, and it was slick that night.

I think it will be :

Nicholls

Harris

Stead

Richardson

Kennett or Howe

May just be enough to get through Coventry but won't do anything in Poland.

:lol:  Class.

Have you seen Ed at Brandon?  He's certainly not an 8 point rider, or anywhere near it.  If the 1st round was at Poole then he'd be in...no doubt.  It's not, so take off your rose-tinted etc

Brandon and Wimborne Rd are similar tracks as had been proven that we ride well round there like they ride well down here.

Kennett is flying at the moment and showed he would be much better suited than Howe as he proved last night with a maximum and Howe couldn't beat Swist.

Also has Howe ridden at Coventry this season?

So please take off your Midlands tinted specs off.

If we're going on current form then the five highest British riders are :-

Nicholls 9.89

Harris 9.55

Howe 8.86

Stead 8.29

Richardson 7.79

With Kennett 7.53 and Norris 7.25 just behind .

But when you look at what's likely to be our side it just shows how far we are behind the Danes , Aussies , Swedes and Poles .