British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Stead Or Kennett For The Gb Wildcard?

Thanks but I can make myself look an ass as it is without help  :wink:

So it's Howes home track do you really not think that this will give home advantage then  :P ........ come on let's not be blinkered here, we all have our favourites Edward and Lewis are mine so why would I want Howe or Stead as a Wildcard for the GP same as any Howe/Stead fan wanting Lewis or Edward there  :rolleyes:

Of course david has home advantage. My comment about blinkers referred to the first few pages of this thread.

I thought I made that pretty clear. :unsure:

Would we even be having the conversation about David's home track advantage though if he was having the same sort of nightmare season as last year? The fact is that he is most definatly on form at the moment and if he gets the wildcard then so be it. When Monmore was announced as the venue I don't remember any posts talking about David's home track advantage.....Ah but that was becasue it was 'assumed' by many that David would be averaging 4 points rather than 8+!!!! :rolleyes:

I've just put on the other thread that I'd like Simon Stead to get the wild card as I feel hes most deserving but I wouldn't be disappointed if David got the spot as he is riding so well this season. I didn't realise his average was that good, so he must be doing well at other track's other than just Wolves (and Ipswich :approve: ).

I've just put on the other thread that I'd like Simon Stead to get the wild card as I feel hes most deserving but I wouldn't be disappointed if David got the spot as he is riding so well this season. I didn't realise his average was that good, so he must be doing well at other track's other than just Wolves (and Ipswich  :approve: ).

Exactly right LW - his currently average (according to last weeks SS) is 8.59 which is 3.01 above his starting average. If i were David I'd be more peed off that I'd got to ride for the wildcard place....every other year he'd have been first choice on account of his current average! :P

Average wise he is streets ahead of Stead (7.39) and Kennett (7.78)!

Lee Richardson might get it yet hahahaha

Wouldn't it be great if he did? :D

So it's Howey and congratulations to him, hope he enjoys the experience!

He is the most deserving British rider for the wildcard. Consider the opprobrium heaped upon him over the last few years. He has performed minor miracles this year.

Celebrate the bloke's guts and determination.

A final with Bomber, Hans, Nicki and Howie. How good would that be!!! :P:approve:

Well done David. You deserve it

Well done David. You deserve it

Indeed he does, and wasn't it nice to see him so obviously emotional about his qualification............ what a difference a year makes.......... good on yer Howie. :approve: