British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Stead Or Kennett For The Gb Wildcard?

Well here's a bt of a dilema for Middlo. Who to name as the GB wildcard for Cardiff. Does he give Simon Stead another chance or up and coming Eddie Kennett?

Being Biased I would like to see Kennett get the nod. He is on fire at the moment and deserves a chance to taste the world stage. Others will say Stead has a higher average and is carrying his team.

What are your thoughts?

not a tough call at all it should be stead, if the gp was at poole it would be a different matter!

Well here's a bt of a dilema for Middlo. Who to name as the GB wildcard for Cardiff. Does he give Simon Stead another chance or up and coming Eddie Kennett?

Being Biased I would like to see Kennett get the nod. He is on fire at the moment and deserves a chance to taste the world stage. Others will say Stead has a higher average and is carrying his team.

What are your thoughts?

In all fairness steve the nominated slot this year was apparently a straight fight between harris and stead so logically and probably fairly it should be stead...eddies time WILL come as he has plenty of time on his side

I thought it was down to results in the British Final this year?  :unsure:

please feel free to correct me if im wrong but unaware that is official but only a suggestion?

Edward or Simon hmmmmmmmm :rolleyes: Edward my choice :approve:

Guest PanthersChamp06

Stead.

Kennetts done very well, but just has to be Steady IMO

But he might just choose Eddie, to be honest he owes Steady after the big mistke he made in the World Team Cup last season when he dropped Simon in favour of Chris Louis.

Guest Jacques

definitely Simon Stead...on this occasion

Definitely Stead.

Simon Stead - number 1.

Edward Kennett - number 4.

:rolleyes:

Guess I would say Stead but with Eddie as reserve! but this is just because I think the powers that be will feel that Steady deserves it more! :unsure:

Personally I would prefer to see Eddie in it as I am sure he could master the small Cardiff track better than Simon!

Also, looking at the averages in this weeks Speedway Star:

15th Simon Stead 8.29

22nd Edward Kennett 7.53

So not much in it and taking into account that Ed has just moved up to EL fulltime he has proved to many that he is the one to beat now!

Those at Poole on Wednesday will know what I mean, in a race with Jason Crump when Ed missed the gate, Jase looked for him, slowed the race up to enable Ed to get round the Wolves pair, then Jase just watched as Ed flew past him and was gone!

The lad is showing true potential at the moment and as such I feel he deserves to be rewarded for that. Stead has had a GP Wildcard (I am pretty sure he did anyway) and by rights should be challenging for a GP place now, so on that basis I say give it to and up and coming youngster to give it a try!

OK, I have lost the plot now - I am saying Simon or Ed? :blink:

Definitely Stead.

Simon Stead - number 1.

Edward Kennett - number 4.

:rolleyes:

But will Middlo look at it that way, I have this funny feeling that he won't.