British Speedway Forum

Subedei,

For ages, we've had to put up with you telling us how wonderful the Polish Speedway is and how good the Polish riders are.

And also how there should be around 6 Poles or something daft and no Brits in the GP series.

Well tonight, ON THEIR OWN SOIL, not a SINGLE Pole (and there were five of them) qualified for the semi-finals of the European GP.

In comparison, out of the two British competitors, Chris Harris finished a fantastic third and looked better than all the Polish boys put together.

So are the Poles still wonderful, or maybe just maybe the British riders aren't as bad as you think they are.

All the best

Rob

Guest Schumi

Didn't stop you betting on one in the GP competition though, did it Rob? :wink:

No swedes or poles in the top 8 and all the riders who made the top 8 all ride in the el .

Just go's to show that the el is still the best in the world and riding once a week is no good to anyone .

Gollob is just going through the motions and Hampel appears to have lost his drive.

The fact of the matter is that Bomber Harris is going to finish above all the Poles, and the way things are going Nicholls will finish above them all as well :)

Well tonight, ON THEIR OWN SOIL, not a SINGLE Pole (and there were five of them) qualified for the semi-finals of the European GP.

True, there were five Poles in the line-up and four of them QUALIFIED on merit, while the fifth was the wild card. Remind me how many British riders QUALIFIED on merit.

No denying that last night was a disappointment for the Poles, while Harris was outstanding and the British champion, to be fair to him, performed reasonably well. But it's still early days. One swallow doesn't make a summer. And, at the very least, it might quell the cries of foul that occur every year when Britain needs charity entry to the GPs.

The fact of the matter is that Bomber Harris is going to finish above all the Poles

Seeing Bomber flying last night I must agree with you on but we're past the second GP only and I think that few surprises are yet to come.

and the way things are going Nicholls will finish above them all as well.

I'm sorry but I do not believe Nicholls will finish ahead of Hampel this year.

To discuss this reasonably without winding people up or point scoring,it isn't much of a surprise.I am not one of those who thinks Jagus will do that good this year.If he finishes in the automatic qualifying positions that will surprise me.I think about 10th.Gollob is going down hill for the last few years and Holta will be about one or 2 positions below Jagus.I did say i didn't expect much in the way of excitement or entertainment from Ulamek and was about right.The big disappointment for me is that Hampel doesn't seem to be progressing much in the last 2 years.Not sure why this is :unsure: Thought by now he would be challenging for 4th or 5th place in the GP table,maybe better.

To discuss this reasonably without winding people up or point scoring,it isn't much of a surprise.I am not one of those who thinks Jagus will do that good this year.If he finishes in the automatic qualifying positions that will surprise me.I think about 10th.Gollob is going down hill for the last few years and Holta will be about one or 2 positions below Jagus.I did say i didn't expect much in the way of excitement or entertainment from Ulamek and was about right.The big disappointment for me is that Hampel doesn't seem to be progressing much in the last 2 years.Not sure why this is :unsure: Thought by now he would be challenging for 4th or 5th place in the GP table,maybe better.

He not riding in the el quite simple ,you need to be riding more than once or twice a week to make it to the top .

Edited by orion

He not riding in the el quite simple ,you need  to be riding more than once or twice a week to make it to the top .

You could be onto something there.I have always felt the Polish federation and clubs interfere too much in the career of their talented speedway riders.1 World Champ from all the talent they have produced must point to some problem.

Don't get too carried away. I'm still about 5-6 threads behind the true forum star: Steve Shovlar.

another of my heroes,however since poole have become the best team in the country,his posts are not so amusing.

i sense that poole need to be struggling for us to see mr shovlar at his best

Subedei,

For ages, we've had to put up with you telling us how wonderful the Polish Speedway is and how good the Polish riders are.

(...)

Cause Polish speedway is wonderful! And this awful performance of our "aces" at Wroclaw is not gonna change it.

Just compare a few random videos of BEL and Polish Ekstraliga..

No swedes or poles in the top 8 and all the riders who made the top 8 all ride in the el .

Just go's to show that the el  is still  the best in the world and riding once a week is no good to anyone .

A rider once said (Mauger? Briggs? ) that if you want to aspire to be World Champion, you must ride in Britain, because the variety in track shapes, track surfaces, number of meetings, etc. keeps a rider racing sharp.

The GP last night proved it!

Cutting through the bs posturing, points scoring and vendettas ...... zzzzzz

It was superb to see Bomber go like the clappers and have a successful night ........... as much as it was suprising to see an out of sorts Gollob on a night and track setup which would normally see him rise to the top.

The simple truth is though that Bomber will not have many nights like this throughout the rest of the GP series .......... the track completely suited him, his bike appeared to be setup perfectly and his slower gating was not punished..................... looking ahead to man made tracks and slick ole olsen tracks the odds are that he is going to struggle unless he gets his gating boots on

I am certain that Jarek Hampel will qualify as of right come the end of the season but as per previous seasons competition for the final qualifying places will be hot.......make no mistake scott and chris will be there along with the other poles......... if anything tells in the end it will be injury and the level of financial backing