11..A Jonsson..17

12..R Holta..17

13..B Pedersen..16

14..S Nicholls..14

15..(W)..F Lindgren..14

16..A Lindback..6

17..(W)..S Ulamek..6

18..(W)..M Carpanese..2

So, we find three of BSI's nominations for the series as the bottom three of the permanent riders (I've highlighted them in bold). All of them failures last season and repeating their failure this season.

Antonio Lindback's scoring, thus far, is shocking and in all honesty, if I were an adviser to the young fellow, I'd be suggesting he seriously consider resigning from the series because I feel this is really doing his long term prospects a lot of harm.

And after the British GP the standings are:

1..N Pedersen..86

2..L Adams..75

3..G Hancock..67

4..H Andersen..67

5..C Harris..56

6..J Crump..53

7..A Jonsson..38

8..T Gollob..36

9..J Hampel..34

10..S Nicholls..30

11..W Jagus..29

12..B Pedersen..28

13..R Holta..27

14..M Zagar..25

15..A Lindback..22

16..F Lindgren..14

17..K Bjerre..10

18..S Ulamek..6

19..D Howe..4

20..M Carpanese..2

So, our "nominations watch" reveals that a very solid GP from Nicholls boosts him up the table and Bjarne Pedersen also makes a move upwards, largely due to a disappointing GP from both Holta and Zagar. Zagar's form must be particularly worrying, after his splendid displays of last season. Lindback remains bottom of the permanent fifteen and all the nominations, save Harris, of course, remain in the bottom half of the table.

Thats Stroppy Nicholls 1 good round of the season out the way. Zagar is suffering from second season syndrome

Thats Stroppy Nicholls 1 good round of the season out the way. Zagar is suffering from second season syndrome

Saint Rob, who do you actually support in the G.P's as all you actually seem to do is slag Scotty off

That leaves Holta and Jagu00000s both floundering behind the British nominees and only just ahead of the Scandinavian nominees.

Jagus is a single point behind the former British champion. And, lest we forget, Jagus had scored 6 points from 3 rides in Eskilstuna (including wins in his second and third rides) and was leading his fourth, until Nicki P clattered into him. So, I reckon a semi-final place was in the offing for Jagus and more points. Holta is only three points adrift of the former British champion.

With the two of the temporary tracks out of the way, expect to see Wieslaw Jagus doing rather better in the rounds ahead.

But, then again, we don't expect reasoned debate from Drop a Cog, do we?

Still backing Simon Stead for a GP place Drop a Cog? He couldn't even progress to the semi-finals of the qualification process, could he?

Next year Sweden will get to nominate one rider to ride in the GP's (or 2 if AJ misses cut) and it would be a suprise to see them not nominate Fredrik Lindgren who is only 8 points behind Lindback despite riding only one round.

Britain look like having Harris going through as a top 8, but if Scott misses the cut (again) can we expect to see anyone apart from Scott nominated again ?

Think this year will be the last for Bjarne Pedersen, Rune Holta and Wieslaw Jagus with possibly Tomasz Gollob having to rely on a nomination to join Hampel.

I predict that Nicki Pedersen, Jason Crump, Leigh Adams, Greg Hancock, Hans Andersen, Andreas Jonsson, Chris Harris and Jaroslaw Hampel will be the top 8 this year.

Depending on the qualifiers, I would say the four nominations next year will be Fredrik Lindgren, Scott Nicholls, Tomasz Gollob and Matej Zagar.

Hoping Fredrik will make it through the qualifiers but if not then Mikael Max

Predicting another appearance for the Nicholls begging bowl then, TNT.

Don't you go ruling out the great Tomasz Gollob, either. He's sat there in eighth place and with Prague, Krsko and, of course, Bydgoszcz still to come, I think he's likely to stay in the top eight. I also think Gollob would bow out gracefully if he doesn't make the top eight.

Think this year will be the last for Bjarne Pedersen, Rune Holta and Wieslaw Jagus with possibly Tomasz Gollob having to rely on a nomination to join Hampel.

Good to see that Bjarne has seen sense this year and is trying to qualify - even if he has been seeded into the semis by the Danish Federation.

Good to see that Bjarne has seen sense this year and is trying to qualify - even if he has been seeded into the semis by the Danish Federation.

Surprised that more GP riders like Holta and Jagus haven't tried the qualifying route. Thougha couple of good Gp's may well get them challenging for the top 8.

Saint Rob, who do you actually support in the G.P's as all you actually seem to do is slag Scotty off

Bjarne Pedersen. And yes, I know he's done crap this year but at least he has the sense to do the qualifying rounds unlike a certain Brit who rides for Coventry

Bjarne Pedersen. And yes, I know he's done crap this year but at least he has the sense to do the qualifying rounds unlike a certain Brit who rides for Coventry

well, I wouldnt call that sense! for a start he doesnt seem to believe in his own abilities otherwise he would think he can make the top 8 and then look at what happened to PK last year! all that money invested for nothing, cant blame any of the guys for not going for it!

Surprised that more GP riders like Holta and Jagus haven't tried the qualifying route. Thougha couple of good Gp's may well get them challenging for the top 8.

They failed to negotiate the polish qualifying meeting

1. Grzegorz Walasek - 9 (0,3,3,3)

2. Rafl Dobrucki - 9 (2,1,3,3)

3. Krzysztof Kasprzak - 9 (3,2,2,2,

4. Pawel Hlib - 8 (3,1,1,3)

5. Piotr Protasiewicz - 7 (3,1,3,u)

6. Jaroslaw Hampel - 7 (2,2,d,3)

7. Damian Balinski - 7 (1,3,2,1)

- - - - -

8. Wiesław Jagus - 6 (0,3,3,d)

9. Sebastian Ulamek - 6 (3,1,2,d)

10. Tomasz Gapinski - 6 (2,0,2,2)

11. Tomasz Chrzanowski - 5 (1,3,1,d)

12. Adrian Miedzinski - 5 (1,2,0,2)

13. Karol Zabik - 4 (0,2,0,2)

14. Krzysztof Jablonski - 3 (2,0,0,1)

15. Dariusz Sledz - 3 (1,0,1,1)

16. Janusz Kolodziej - 1 (1)

17. Rune Holta - 1 (d,0,1,-,-)

And when Hlib dropped out it was the GP weekend so Jagus couldn't step up and Ulamek was injured so Gapinski rode in Sweden and qualified

well, I wouldnt call that sense!

I would if he qualifies :lol: