British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MAD 3:16

Event 2 tonight - Come on Team GB.

Well Done Guys............. especially Lee..... You did us all proud........ bring on thursday and then saturday

First thought was where was the crowd? Very poor for a nation that provided the dominant eighties!

Absolutely delighted with our boys tonight special mention for Floppy or should that be 'gatecrasher' Norris :?: Absolutely superb in beating Sullivan so much so I actually broke a lifetime habit and sent a text to Starlady saying Ryan who? ;) I thought that Barkers pass on Wiltshire? was absolutely top notch and if Havvy had not been picked off twice (once when he had throttle come off) we would have been deserved winners. If only Loram had been fit............ Well done Lads superb now lets win the playoff!

Now all you fans can shut up!David wasnt SLOW!Well done David!Well done Deano+Scottie!Well done GB! :D Do you not like Lee Richardson or Dean Baker :?:

I thought Lee was superb tonight :D

so were all the other GB riders well done lads :D

Great racing from 'you brits' tonight - I watched it at home on the telly, but i will be there on Thursday cheering for them to go to the final. They deserve it after such a good fight with the aussies....Well done GB.

Guest DazzaTheBee2

well done lads but please drop havelock and bring back screeny or stoney. we can win the world cup then! havelock was good but he's the weak link

well done lads but please drop havelock and bring back screeny or stoney. we can win the world cup then! havelock was good but he's the weak link

Have a Heart Dazza what do you want blood :!: :?

I tought Floppy was weak link, how times change :? Come on get behind the lads, we haven't lost yet !

Guest Spooner

Havelock is the most experienced of our riders - especially international! He rode very well tonight and was unlucky not to win a couple of his heats. I agree he may not get you huge amounts of points but his experience is second to none and you need someone like him in the pits. And after a decent performance tonight I think it would be very unfair to drop any of our riders!!

Congratulations Australia,but what a Boody brilliant display from Team GB.

Well done Guys!!!!!!!! You did us all proud!!!!!

That just about says it all - but I just want to say that I have been critical of two of the GB lads (as you know Rabbit and Shazzy ;-) ) on this forum before, but tonight they proved me completely wrong - and I admit it.

This team can win this event for us, so lets just get behind them (after tonight there's no question that they deserve it) and wish them all well in their quest to bring home the honours.

Scott, Lee, Dean, David and Gary - tonight you made me proud to be British. :approve:

Well done to our Aussie team and congrats to G.B.

I know there were only two teams there (apart from Matej Zager) but you can only beat those put in front of you, it would have been great to see the Yanks there (at full strength) the result may well have been different!

Can not wait to find out what will happen in the final!

Hope Team G.B. gets there and then read all the negative posts on the forum on how & why they were beaten. :roll:

It's your team so get behind them 100%

Excellent effort from all the Brits. N one let the country down and they all tried their hearts out for the red, white and blue. The Aussies certainly got it stuffed up 'em, and once GB have got through the playoffs, which I am sure they will with ease, its all down to Voyens, where a place on the rostrum for the boys is acheivable.

Special mention to floppy, who I said deserved his place and tonight proved me 100% correct. Well done you did your country proud.

As for the rest, Havvy did a good job, he was never going to beat the likes of Crump, Adams and Sullivan but was solid throughout and there is life in the old dog yet.

Nicholls did a good captains role, messing up at times through being over enthusatic at times.

Richardson was the main man and deserves huge page, with a big pic of him punching the air on the back page of The Sun ( oh how we wish)

Barker rode to his best and tha pass on Wiltshire was very very sweet. You could see the determination all the way!

So lets get behind the boys for Thursday night and this year lets hope that things go for us and we sail into the finals.

cheers

Steve Shovlar

Just to echo what everyone else has said WELL DONE GB, it had me jumping around the front room all night and I am hoarse from shouting at the telly. I think it shocked the Australians a little but we proved that we can pressure the (supposed) world leaders.

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I'm going to be the one "wet blanket" here.

Last year at Sheffield (the meeting should have been called off, yes THAT meeting) when the Aussies won there was a fair amount of condemnation of the "Joker" that the Aussies used to help them. Fair enough too, I think it is a horrible rule.

This year the GB team must have ridden very well but they were helped by the Joker to get 3 points closer than they normally would of. How many postings have I read that the Joker helped them ? ... zero.

By everyone's silence I hope that means no one will mention it when the Joker works the other way and it goes against the team you are supporting. Not too much to ask is it ? ;-)

For the record I don't really care who wins so long as it's done fair and square on the track and not aided by silly rules.

Fair point Lunchy, but the Aussies won that meeting last year after they played the joker and overtook the Brits and I think that's what wound people up...

Well done to the Aussies - felt for poor old Toddy though Lyons had a blinder! But what a brilliant display from Team GB, we got far closer to the Aussies than I think anyone dared think, and I have a feeling that it's not as cut and dried as it maybe has been the last couple of years as to who's gonna win in 2003.

I hope Middlo sticks with that lineup, they all did us proud and I know they can do it on Thursday. At least they'll all have tried the 5 man races ready for the Final!! :D

Jason Lyons..........Did so well because the track was short, wide and slick! Just how he likes it to be at Belle Vue! :D:D

Well Done to GB for such a great effort!...........it was a FANTASTIC meeting!

I admit i was one who thought the Aussies would run away with it!

Nice to see both Jason Crump and Leigh Adams admit they were concerned that the joker might have come back to haunt them!

Well Done LEE! Especially as some people were saying he might struggle due to not being fully fit!

Scotty Nicholls.......Great (he was never going to beat Crumpy in that last race!)

Havvy and Deano..........Did better than i expected both of them to do! :)

Dave Norris...........Couldnt believe my eyes! What a superstar performance from the (normally) Slow Norris!!!!

If they ride like that on Thursday we will have NO problems in getting into the final!

Just a little mention to say WELL DONE CRUMPY................by far the best rider in the world in my opinion! :D

well done the boys and Middlo, we nearly had 'em :D:D:D , cant wait for play offs now should have my voice back by then, great performance by all the team, especially pleased for deano and flop as echoed above, was it me or did flop look choked up in the interview with jonathon g after beating sully, thats the passion we want. :D