British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Subedei

Berwick Anniversary Meeting

Yesterday, only one blank space was left in a line-up that featured no GP riders. That space has been filled by David Meldrum. Yes, David bloody Meldrum. Well, that's it - decision made. I'll not be there. I'm not coughing over my hard earned to watch an individual meeting consisting of 12 heats and a final, again. If it was a proper 20 heat meeting, I'd go. But, with the announced line-up and only 13 heats, forget it. David Meldrum was the straw that broke this Bergstrom's back. I'll be back for the next proper meeting. This 40th Season Celebration is a sick joke.

Have to agree with you on this one mate . I've never understood the fascination with these types of meetings - they bore me rigid .

Give me two sets of seven riders going at each other on a well-prepared track over 15 heats and you're in speedway heaven . I hope Berwick dont have many more rain-offs or they'll struggle to make the cut-off date wasting Saturdays with nonsense like this .

I cant help wondering what Peter Waite is on according to local press the addmission fee on Saturday night is £14 for 12 heats no big names on parade and less races if you can call them races at Berwick so why the extra money keep it for me he dont deserve the support..

£14 per adult £5 per child £5 per programme I wont be going. £38 for my small family and that does not include something to eat. for only 13 races Peter waite is taking the p**s

Don't go then  :rolleyes:

No point in rolling your eyes... his point is valid... for a while we were told we would have a gp star lining up for our meeting... instead we get davy coming in... no disrespect but i think for this meeting we want to see as little of our current team as possible and more big names to liven up what has been a very disheartening season...

Kaj Laukkanen has ridden in the G P s

:rolleyes:

Second half included, i hope is there not a couple races with 60's JAP's ???

Ian Hartley and Tom Blackwood, plus 250 jawa races to include Scotlands Dale Lamb ??? and more?

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks