British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Subedei

Berwick Anniversary Meeting

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

everyone is going Sue (coaches form London even) - there wont be problems finding a texter, cheap admission - lots of super-stars, plenty of racing... is there anything good on tv?

Edited by slav

megastars :) Knapp will be worth having look at. Heard it is raining?

My mate lives 5 minutes from the track and the rain is very light

Edited by up4it

Lets see flier last week saying that GP stars as shown on Sky Sports would be in the meeting....there are none. Is it a disappointment? Yes of course. Is it the end of the world for the meeting? No.

I am not a massive fan of PW with some of things he has done in the past but this year he has had a much more positive attitude. If if it was not for him I am not 100% convinced there would not have been speedway at Berwick over the last few years either. How do we know that Peter W has not been trying to get a GP star or 2 BUT THEY ALL SAID THEY COULDN'T COME ALONG!!! If they say no there is not much PW can do about it. Was it a mistake putting the flyer out beforehand saying there would be a GP rider......Yep definitely. Perhaps a communication out saying who he had been trying to get would have been better than no mention at all.

Re the meeting, 2 unknowns, Ryan Fisher, and Kaj L. We can't see these guys every week and they are possibilities for strengthening the team we currently have, because lets face it most of the 2007 team have been a huge disappointment. On paper our team was as good as any but leagues are not won on paper.

Re the price, I agree I think it would have been a bit of goodwill to have perhaps kept the prices much the same as normal, but I suppose PW will still have to pay for the above guys to come to Berwick tonight.

Those who want to go will go and those who don't will stay at home. I'll be there weather permitting. In addition, it's not often you will get over 100 ex bandits in the one place, see the youngsters race on the smaller bikes or the older generation bikes/riders. Not earth shattering but it is something different.

Well, it's raining persistently here at the minute. And here's about twenty miles south of the cruel, crazy town.

I don't mind Peter Waite - he's done nothing to me. And I have a lot of fun watching speedway at Berwick. I'm not a fan of the club, so I'm not bothered if they win or lose. And generally speaking I get to see close meetings and acceptable enough racing.

I'd go tonight, even though the line-up is rather poor, if it were for a proper 20 heat meeting. But not for 12 heats, a semi-final and a final. I've not a lot of interest in seeing old Bandits and the older bikes and riders are just dreary on track.

there would not have been speedway at Berwick over the last few years either.  How do we know that Peter W has not been trying to get a GP star or 2 BUT THEY ALL SAID THEY COULDN'T COME ALONG!!!  If they say no there is not much PW can do about it. 

Spot on the Taitster! I've been talking to my mate up there and he's told me supposedly off the record, sorry, don't know what that means, that many gp riders were approaced, 2 or 3 (I'll not name) verbally said they would come, and pulled out about 4-5 days ago, just before their names were going "live" so to speak.

The other major fly in the ointment this weekend were the Continental GP challenges that were not arranged when Berwick chose the 23rd, but later put in, this again has taken nearly 15 potential starters away from the list of possibles for tonight.

The riders were asked.... dozens of the top guys, most said no, a few said yes then let Berwick down, and others were whipped away on GP challenge business.

Under the circumstances it's not a bad effort really.

YF

Whats the weather like doon there just now?

Yes lets have a weather update please. If it's on i'll be there. :)

Ahh the Monarch invasion. Hopefully see ya later TC!

Give me a text if you find it is off Wilko fan. :)

track OK at 2.30 but its rained steadily since,looks doubtful

Still looking for a texter...anyone?

Did the original post disappear???? :o

Well, it's raining persistently here at the minute. And here's about twenty miles south of the cruel, crazy town.

I don't mind Peter Waite - he's done nothing to me. And I have a lot of fun watching speedway at Berwick. I'm not a fan of the club, so I'm not bothered if they win or lose. And generally speaking I get to see close meetings and acceptable enough racing.

I'd go tonight, even though the line-up is rather poor, if it were for a proper 20 heat meeting. But not for 12 heats, a semi-final and a final. I've not a lot of interest in seeing old Bandits and the older bikes and riders are just dreary on track.

Was that yourself in the white van on the freshly cut grass?