British Speedway Forum

IMO, Denmark will walk this. Strong all the way through whereas most teams don't have it all the way down to the bottom riders. Sweden don't look bad, neither do Poland.. USA is a bit odd :blink: I don't think Finland look strong at all, or Russia, Australia will be challenging. Don't entirely agree with the GB team myself but would fancy us to at least make the race-off.

Come on you Brits!

Team GB simply has to win at Brandon or we won't make the Final. It's effectively a match between us and the Swedes anyway, and with the 2 Coventry boys spear-heading our assault, and Rico set to prove his doubters wrong, we should have just enough to nick it. B)

If we come up short then it will be 2 of Denmark, Australia and Poland in the Race-Off, and I can't see us beating any of them away from British soil. :unsure:

With ex-Swindon legends Renat and J0000nas on display, I'm almost tempted to make the short trip to Brandon. :D

Team GB simply has to win at Brandon or we won't make the Final.

That's a good point actually.

It's effectively a match between us and the Swedes anyway, and with the 2 Coventry boys spear-heading our assault, and Rico set to prove his doubters wrong, we should have just enough to nick it.  B)

I would agree here... Nicholls and Bomber will be near enough untouchable I'd imagine on their home track... Steady AFAIK is pretty handy at Brandon, and everyone knows what Richardson can do in a GB racejacket as well as the fact he's no stranger to the Coventry track. Kennett is on form and even if he doesn't ride to what we need we can always stick Howe in for the latter stages of the meeting, if need be, although Ed will definitely be out to impress. :unsure:

Lineups for the event 1 and 2 now on Speedwayworld.tv with australia going with schlein and holder over watt which is a bit of a suprise with the form that davey watt is in but holder in great form as well and he would be hard to leave out!!

Lineups for the event 1 and 2 now on Speedwayworld.tv with australia going with schlein and holder over watt which is a bit of a suprise with the form that davey watt is in but holder in great form as well and he would be hard to leave out!!

It is nice to see that AUS is giving Holder a chance to prove that he is a man for the Aussie team, and the semifinal is the right place to give him a try, if Holder fails Watt will replace him in the race-off and final.

I wonder if any thought has been given to allowing Team GB some intense practice at Brandon before the "offical practice" prior to the meeting. I am sure the Danish Federation will have arranged for the Danish team to practice at Vojens - getting the set up right and team building/tactics as will no doubt the PZM for the Polish team at Leszno.

Or is it we are too polite in trying to give ourselves a slight advantage. If its the expenses for the riders surely the BSPA or a sponsor could cover the travelling, fuel & tyres.

I would no doubt expect that Mr Sandhu would let Team GB to have the stadium at little or no cost.

Come on give our guys the best chance and let them bond as a Team

Agreed, but would the track condition at practice be anything like that for the actual meeting?

We all appreciate the track conditions can/will change before the SWC but is it not the right professional approach to give our guys the facilities to test things out at the track we all want them to do well and win the meeing. We have watched the Danish Team & Polish Team over the last couple of years and the the professional approach they have taken to the World Cup.

Let our guys have a complete day at the track before any Offical practice and let them sort the things out that they need to and also gel as a team. I for one say forget this polite approach and give our team the best possible chance by using the facilities.

I would hope that no one would argue with this suggestion so come on lets get Middlo to get this organised. We have the riders so lets give them the right approach which will lead to success of Team GB

I think that is a good option if you want to win the semifinal. I am pretty sure the Swedes will be hard to deal with, especiallt after the poor appearances the swedes have been up to lately in the league.. But even if the swedes havent been in bad shape in the Elite League, they always get better when they perform as a team. And I am pretty sure that Lindbäck & Davidsson want to show the public that they are better than their last performances.

So I believe this semifinal will be a tough fight between Sweden & GB, but I believe Sweden turns out as winners :D

Nice to see that Simon Stead made a decent comeback at Lakeside last night, wins in his first two heats was quite good considering his lay off. It looks as though being picked for the world cup has given him the world of confidence.

Now, what can Kennett do at Coventry monday?

Now, what can Kennett do at Coventry monday?

Speaking as a Bees fan not a lot I hope. :P

Well it's obvious which two teams won't be making the race off, Finland and USA. It's just about who goes straight through to the final now, I think it will be Denmark and Sweden. Poland will then win the race off and probably the final too. Will be interesting to see Charlie 'The Edge' Venegas riding over here again but wouldn't expect him to do much.

Also why no Ryan Fisher for USA, has he fallen out with AMA too?

Has anyone got any thoughts on why Sweden have chosen Jonas Davidsson ahead of Mikael Max? I would have thought Max's experience would be a great asset to their team. I'm braced for replies about looking towards the future and fully accept that I am a biased Wolves fan who already has his tickets for Coventry! :D

If the team is :-

SPEEDWAY WORLD CUP 2007 Event 2 16 July 2007, Coventry Great Britain

Team: Great Britain

1 Lee Richardson

2 Simon Stead

3 Edward Kennett

4 Chris Harris

5 Scott Nicholls (Capt.)

Stand-by reserve David Howe

I am surprised by the inclusion of Steady

I am a big fan of him but he was poor at the British Final, has struggled this season and is just back from injury

On current form I would put Howe and King above him, possibly Allen as the meeting is at Brandon

That said the team named should be strong enough for a final place.