British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BOBBATH

Dudley Wolves Trophy

Recognising that this hasn't been raced for quite a while(but hopefully it may-good luck to resurrection of CH)-but this was a long running event. Does anybody know what the final number of wins for each team was??I'd be sorta interested to know who won it most times.

Cradley won it a massive 20 times (a monumental effort) and Wolves could only muster 13 wins (a poor return). :D

If you're really interested head over to the Cradley website. Go to the 'features' link on the left, and then go to the Dudley/Wolves Trophy link. The final aggregate score for every season it took place can be found there. :)

Thanx Heathen-sounds to me like CH was clearly the SUPERIOR club!!!!!!

Thanx Heathen-sounds to me like CH was clearly the SUPERIOR club!!!!!!

No contest.  :lol:
The 1999 contest cant count as that was a junior match after the closed at Monmore Green,

The last official DW Tophy match was in 1996 and Wolves won easily and to this day w=Wolves have gone 21 years unbeaten ;)

Surely that can't be right-see 21st century heathen post. Or have CH been gone 20+ years??

Surely that can't be right-see 21st century heathen post. Or have CH been gone 20+ years??

Probably a typo, 12 years would be closer to the mark

I think it is a typo.

What TNT has failed to mention is that we did win the one-leg final at their place in '99. The '96 Trophy was a farce as the top 4 riders refused to ride with 'solid block' tyres (remember that fiasco?! :rolleyes: ), so that doesn't really count.

The last proper Dudley/Wolves Trophy was in '95, and guess what? We won that one, in a winning streak that went back to a one point aggregate win that Wolves scraped in '89.

Face it Wolves fans...we rock...you suck...end of!! :lol::P

Hi 21st!

I'm new on the forum but you may have seen a few of my posts recently :unsure:

Anyway, probably not the right place for this but I wanted to say good luck with the petitions for bringing back the Heathens! I'm a massive Wolves fan and I miss the old rivalries with Cradley! I've got a petition printed off myself and I'm going to get my friends and family to sign it and post it off to you! It's a little known fact but, despite my being a Wolves fan, I went to the GP in Prague last year wearing a t-shirt with the "CH" logo on the back and a pic of Ivor Brown on the front! (My dad still hasn;t forgiven me :lol: )

Anyway, great thread on the Dudley Wolves trophy! Do you recall the encounter where Scott Smith did something to Sudden Sam's ankle in the first leg and he couldn't ride in the second? Which year was that? 94? :unsure:

Also, and this is probably worth a new thread, how about the Golden Hammer meetings?! Sam used to love winning those! :D

Hi 21st!

I'm new on the forum but you may have seen a few of my posts recently

Hi Vic. I spotted the 'failed log in' posts. Haven't caught up with anything else you've posted yet.

Anyway, probably not the right place for this but I wanted to say good luck with the petitions for bringing back the Heathens!

Cheers mate. There is a petition thread that I've got significant updates to do on.

I'm a massive Wolves fan

and I miss the old rivalries with Cradley!

I've got a petition printed off myself and I'm going to get my friends and family to sign it and post it off to you!

Booooooo!!! :wink:

I think everyone around here misses our matches.

Thanks for doing that. :)

It's a little known fact but, despite my being a Wolves fan, I went to the GP in Prague last year wearing a t-shirt with the "CH" logo on the back and a pic of Ivor Brown on the front! (My dad still hasn;t forgiven me  )

Class. Not sure I could wear a Wolves tee-shirt, even for a bet. :P

Anyway, great thread on the Dudley Wolves trophy! Do you recall the encounter where Scott Smith did something to Sudden Sam's ankle in the first leg and he couldn't ride in the second? Which year was that? 94? 

I honestly don't. I'll have to check that out if I get time. Plenty of riders took knocks in those meetings. For so-called challenge/friendly matches there was some rough riding. It meant as much to the riders as it did to us, and good on all of them for it.

Also, and this is probably worth a new thread, how about the Golden Hammer meetings?! Sam used to love winning those! 

Grrrrrrrr :angry::D

Stats on that are also on the Cradley website. Sam won 3 and PK won 1.

We're sure to cross paths on here quite regularly. I go to Wolves/Cov/B'ham (a few times) so post on their match threads.

Happy posting.