British Speedway Forum

WELL DONE CHRIS.

Like Mark Loram a universally popular rider so it couldn't have happened to a nicer person and boy did we need a British champion at a British G.P. at last. Great stuff! :approve:

Glad I can type this because I've still got a sore throat and headache, but it was worth it. :D

Edited by Gemini

Mr Shovler,  £10k is more like what Chas'n'Dave had to PAY to appear last night  :D

Were they sitting in the Royal Box then ?

Great show by Bomber who continues to suprise us with some hefty scores that is making him a favourite for a top 8 finish at the end.

Great night, good racing and a great pass on the final bend to crown a new champion.

What a night! :D

So glad I went after my 24th hour change of mind and had a bloody amazing day on so many levels :approve: Not even the weather could dampen that buzz and a big thank you to Dave and Brendan Johnson, and BobC for coming to my rescue with a ticket and the pass. Could have hugged them all. B) Great to see the young lads given chance to ride but such a shame it can't be a bit closer to the main event. Nice to meet up with a few people beforehand but the rain seemed to affect the usual pre-meeting turnout in the PoW.

But Bomber - jeez what a star! Rode like a man possessed and I defy any sporting spectacle to out-do that noise when he won the Final. Credit as others have said to Crump and Hancock for their actions on the podium. Great to see. I'm still slightly hoarse today and my ears are still ringing but it was so worth it. Can't wait to watch the re-run at 3pm to see the bits I missed. :D

Well done Bomber!!!

Edited by rabbit

Awesome night,Bomber was amazing, also a good performance from Nicholls, my throat and head is killing me...

In Soccer Am style - Chris Bomber Harris "TAKE A BOW SON , TAKE A BOW !!!!!!!!"

Excellent perormance a true racer and not a gating tart .. i have a sore throat and did not get home until 4am ... having got absolutely soaked walking to car. Hour wait in car park queing before escaping the jaws of the NCP without paying and then running into a gridlock M4 !!!!!!

But to experience the performances of Bomber Harris and the efforts of Scott Nicholls was well worth it. Glad Howe enjoyed the experience too ...

Was up in the rafters as SeeTickets F==cked up my tickets so not impressed as I could not get a true reflection of the atmosphere but a fantastic meeting. Track was not as good as Parken but who really cares !!!!

Superb performance by Bomber ...watched it again this morning and the Grand Final still makes me :D:D:D:D

Edited by Hackett

He was awesome. No two ways about it. Although, I thought the guy sitting next to me was jumping up so much, he was going to break the seat. :unsure:

Well Done Bomber!!! £5 each way bet !!!!! £160!! thank you bomber!!!

Some of the best speedway I have seen for years, well done bomber, absolutely brilliant.

Well done Bomber! :)

Well done Bomber!!

Was shouting for him all night, dont have much of a voice now, but hey! Girl next to me on one side and dad on the other side were shouting for him as well.. Was jumping up and down when he got through the semi, and when he won.. Well, we were all jumping/dancing with glee.

So glad I bought a bomber keyring in the afternoon before we got to the stadium. :D

But he rode so amazingly well, so pleased for him.

Absolutely stunning! What a night!

I think Bomber was going to win that final come what may.

Can't wait for Prague now!

What a night, the racing was first class and we finally got a Brit to win it at the Millennium stadium. His gating has improved since the last gp's and he's getting better but the pace and racing lines that he chooses are surreal. There's no one else that has his passing ability in the GP and he's going to go far in this sport.

On the negative side to the evening, some of the Poles were absolute idiots. We were sat in between a rough English family and a group of poles and one of the poles stole the Englishman’s beer, he then started smoking so the English family went psycho. We told one of the marshals in the stadium and apparently hundreds of poles had been chucked out because of their behaviour. Also we were unable to buy children’s tickets on the day, a good way to make money by making all the kids pay adults prices ;) .

Overall I did not let these bad things overshadow the amazing day out and i'm proud to be a Brit. :D

Well done Bomber, what a brilliant night and so typical of him to leave us like nervous wrecks and to the win on the line like he did! Proud to be a Brit and even more so to be a Coventry Brit! This is the sort of action we see week in week out from him but to pull it off under that sort of pressure is just amazing. Nice to see Crump and Hancock showing such genuine gestures towards him.

Was really glad to see Scott performing well again. He battled away and gave it his all. He was worth more points than he ended up with and yet again was unlucky in another Cardiff semi final.