British Speedway Forum

There's another curious connection with Peter Collins, Bomber and F1.

When PC was at the peak of his powers in 1976, we also had a high profile British F1 champion in James Hunt.

Yes that's right. And Barry Sheene (Like Hunt sadly no longer with us...) was World Champ that year too..!!

Just wanted to make another comment connected to PC. Someone posted on a related thread about Chris' victory that "it doesn't get better than this".

That's nonsense though, isn't it..! It does get better and that's by becoming World Champ. :neutral:

I sincerely believe Chris can do this.

No fault of Chris who can only win what's before him - but let's be brutally honest, a GP (even the prestigious GB one..) is but a solitary round in a world championship series and next step up has to be to go for that World title.

Is Nicki Pedersen that much better than Chris? I don't think so, so let's get behind what we really need to see: a Chris Harris World title win..

Then it won't be able to get any better...!!! :)

You can't say inyour Report that Chris Harris won in front of 50000 if the official attendance was only 41000. Getting a bit fed up with BSI and their claims for attendances. There seems little progress in getting towards the 50000 figure perhaps the cheaper seats need to be lowered in price to attract the passing trade?

I emailed Bill Bradshaw at the Express to tell him how much I enjoyed his report and I have had this reply from him:

Hi Leanne,

Thanks for your kind comments. I really enjoyed the meeting at Cardiff (many years since my last one). What great sport on the night; what fine racing!

We have enjoyed putting together our recent coverage and it is fantastic to have this direct feedback from fans such as yourself.

All the best,

Bill Bradshaw,

Sports Editor

They are hopefully taking notice of what us, the fans, are saying and will keep up the great coverage of speedway in general.

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else, but just saw this on the Coventry website:

BRITISH Grand Prix winner Chris Harris and Team GB skipper Scott Nicholls will be guests on the Chris Evans show on BBC Radio 2 this Wednesday, July 4 at 6.45pm. Tune in on 88-91FM.

Should be worth a listen :) I wonder if they can tempt Evans to having a go on a bike?!

Very good article, but it doesn't say who wrote it.

I emailed Bill Bradshaw at the Express to tell him how much I enjoyed his report and I have had this reply from him:

Hi Leanne,

Thanks for your kind comments. I really enjoyed the meeting at Cardiff (many years since my last one). What great sport on the night; what fine racing!

We have enjoyed putting together our recent coverage and it is fantastic to have this direct feedback from fans such as yourself.

All the best,

Bill Bradshaw,

Sports Editor

They are hopefully taking notice of what us, the fans, are saying and will keep up the great coverage of speedway in general.

I too e-mailed Bill Bradshaw (always had a lot of respect for the guy since I first saw him on Sunday Supplement - talks sense) and had the following reply

Scott, you are too kind. Seriously, it's nice to get such feedback from readers and I have been delighted to spearhead our recent coverage of speedway.

The Grand Prix meeting at Cardiff produced wonderful sport, great racing and was a credit to all concerned.

It was a privilege to be there and it was a great advert for speedway.

All the best,

Bill Bradshaw,

Sports Editor.

Daily Express

Good report in yesterday's Express and Echo-(local paper).

Would imagine it is penned by Martin Downer but have only viewed it online.

Here

2 1/2 pages in the St Austell Guardian today with 6 pictures.

Also excellent Pictures and write up in the West Briton today. Big back page picture of him kissing the trophy and a write up on the back page, then another full page write up inside with more pictures.