British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Time To Drop The "bomber" Chris?

Robbie Kessler uses a Red baron symbol, and he is of Germanic decent. :blink:  :approve:  :D

Exactly !!......................... I rest my case :lol:

I know that it is illegal to make Nazi salutes or wear anything associated while in Germany, what are the implications for wearing anything with the RAF symbol on it, could local police see it as inflammatory????

I know that it is illegal to make Nazi salutes or wear anything associated while in Germany, what are the implications for wearing anything with the RAF symbol on it, could local police see it as inflammatory????

No

I doubt it. There's a big difference between the RAF and what Hitler tried/partially succeeded to do/in doing.

I really don't see why we should be getting in to this after such a fantastic weekend for British Speedway. :blink:

I doubt it.  There's a big difference between the RAF and what Hitler tried/partially succeeded to do/in doing.

I really don't see why we should be getting in to this after such a fantastic weekend for British Speedway.   :blink:

The RAF were stationed in Germany up until a few years back.The RAF symbol is not banned or even seen as inflammatory

And it is typical Shovlar,trying to get some negatives from a great weekend for British speedway :)

And look at the main german speedway site to see what they put.....here :)

Edited by iris123

And it is typical Shovlar,trying to get some negatives from a great weekend for British speedway :)

And look at the main german speedway site to see what they put.....here :)

Fantastic link! Nice to see that the Germans didn't care after all - sorry to disappoint you, Mr Shovlar. ;) Perhaps it's time to close this thread now. :)

think the germans couldn't care less............the FBI and everybody that monitors the internet, mobile phone and text chatter, for the word bomber ............and other chit chat ........? might just have been busy over the last 24 hours

Seems many on here didn't read the first post clearly. Where have I said he should drop the name "bomber"?

I asked the question, should he drop the name "Bomber", but didn't say I thought he should.

The purpose of this thread was debate. Whether people on here thought he should or should not keep it.

Nothing more. And as for Iris rying to score some points against me, well madam you will have to try harder than that! :lol:

Seems many on here didn't read the first post clearly. Where have I said he should drop the name "bomber"?

I asked the question, should he drop the name "Bomber", but didn't say I thought he should.

The purpose of this thread was debate. Whether people on here thought he should or should not keep it.

Nothing more. And as for Iris rying to score some points against me, well madam you will have to try harder than that! :lol:

Good old shovvy backtracking nice try steve aint gonna work all you've done is look like a politically correct plankster!! :blink:;)

In these times of political corretness, is it time for Chris Harris to drop his nickname?

The final GP this year is in Germany, and I am sure many Germans still have memories of the tactics used by Bomber Harris in the second world war. Carpet bombing of cities, causing fire storms and the deaths of thousands of women and children.

Whilst in this country Bomber Harris is a popular wartime figure, using the same strategy oday would surely see him up for war crimes.

Imagine if there was a German rider called Herman "SS" Himmler?

Think thats just answered your previous question!

Seems many on here didn't read the first post clearly...

Why raise something if you don't think it was an issue? :rolleyes:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the link iris. For those that didn't follow the link, the Germans refer to Chris Harris as Bomber Harris in their link to the GP results. :approve:

Nonsense!

Nowt politically incorrect about it at all.

BOMBER it is!!! :)