British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pete

Rickardsson out of SWC?

We have got a great match here on Sunday (Polonia Bydgoszcz vs. Apator Torun). It`s very important for both teams. T.Rick decided not to ride in this match.

However, I`m glad that he won`t ride because Bydgoszcz are without Mark Loram who`s injured and if Torun ride without T.Rick the chances will be the same and we can win it :).

Guest BritPeter

With Rickardsson returning (If It's true) things will be much harder for the Aussies, and everybody else.

I thought this meeting was a lottery anyway, unlike previous rounds there are now five GOOD competetive riders in every race, and this on a track that has tight bends!

If the Aussies do win, then the best of luck to them, but they are by no means assured of victory. They will be riding on a Danish track prepared by Danes for the Danes.

In other words It will be slick, and ANY rider that gets behind early will find things very difficult, there are many riders here who are more than capable of taking points off the Aussies.

This should make for a great meetimg, and if the GB riders can gate as they did on Wednesday, then they can make their presence felt.

Guest BritPeter

Nice website Mateusz, how useful that would have been if Centrebet had not stopped betting on Polish matches.

Your "Info" on Rickardsson was completely wrong though, where did you hear this nonsense?

I don't see anything wrong with Tricky coming back (if). Sport is littered with tales of sportsman taking risks for their sport.

There is something very slick about Tricky for sure. He wants to be the biggest and best. He wants, quite simply, to be a star. I'm sure he wants to be the King of Speedway and be loved by everyone. But so what? Good on him. Do we really expect anyone who rides one of those bikes the way they do to be that normal anyway? Speedway needs superstars, and he is.

He is part of their squad and if that means its harder for our boys, well thats what competitions are and its pointless moaning about it.

Rickardsson is NOT riding tonight !!

Why on earth do people suggest he's 'swinging the lead' or scared of five-man races.

I'm sure he would love to lead his country, and am convinced that his withdrawal is genuine.

Not only has he been the best rider in the world for a number of years now, he's also a very brave rider.

Let's acknowledge his contribution to speedway instead of people slagging off a great sportsman.

Sam.

Rickardsson is NOT riding tonight !!

Why on earth do people suggest he's 'swinging the lead' or scared of five-man races.

I'm sure he would love to lead his country, and am convinced that his withdrawal is genuine.

Not only has he been the best rider in the world for a number of years now, he's also a very brave rider.

Let's acknowledge his contribution to speedway instead of people slagging off a great sportsman.

Sam.

Spot on Sam.

Trick would not choose to miss representing his country in a WC final if he had any real say in the matter. He is also missing big pay days in Poland and England as well. As a professional, only a couple of months ago he rode every night the week after his big smash in a GP, when other riders would have taken quite a bit of time off to recuperate.

We will certainly miss him at Coventry on Monday, when Jason Lyons guests in his place. KNowing Trick he certainly would have ridden, especially as it's live on TV and the chance to show himself to potential sponsors.

cheers

Steve Shovlar

I don't see anything wrong with Tricky coming back (if). Sport is littered with tales of sportsman taking risks for their sport.

Bob my post was not meant as an attack on Trick but on the authorities for allowing a rider who in an interview on Thursday admitted to feeling dizzy and unwell on a bike, obviously still suffering the after effects of a bad concussion, being allowed on track just 2 days later alongside 4 other riders when by Trick own statement he had been advised by doctors to rest for at least a week.

Thankfully it seems the information was false.

Guest BritPeter

If you read the posts carefully you will see that nobody was attacking Rickardsson, he is respected by all. A lot of riders consider the five man races are too dangerous, and I would not blame anyone pulling out for that reason.

Point taken Star Lady. I was actually making a general comment as Tricky comes in for a lot of stick I think. Blokes a genious and I wish he rode for Eastbourne and was born in GB.

My point is simply that the sport needs superstas and he can have that tag with some merit.

Did you see his tour bus behind him the other night! Flash bugger! I saw Scott Nicholls at Arlington unloading his unmarked old transit on his own the other week, plastic crates of bits balanced on top while he wheels his own bike in. Its a long way to the top I can tell you.

Good afternoon all especially BritPeter and your adoring fan who like yourself is obviously on temporary release. Just how far will Australia win by? My prediction is 8 points with a close thing for 2nd. As for 9-56 being past my bedtime i can only agree although i dont go to bed in a back to front coat like you good self

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You were saying :?:

What school did BritPeter go to? The Shakespearean School for complete pillocks!!!!!!!! If you are gonna sacrifice the english language to sound clever at least make a clever comment. Sure GB did well but the truth is we are not in the same class as the aussies. We have a chance of finishing second.Cheers to thegreat for posting a bit of intelligence.Anyone who listens to that other plummy idiot BritPeter you need help. Try beer or drugs or sodomise next doors cat

The School of English say's, you are a baffoon!!!

Guest BritPeter

Nice one Orion and Frigbo, I know this person of old from a different website, once he told me that he causes so much trouble when he goes to BV that he decided to stay away, no doubt BV are eternally grateful for that.

He turned up here under a different name, and went straight on the attack against me, but I soon realised who it was.

The other website I refer to was a gambling one, and I used to post speedway tips regularly, and get a lot of success.

On one occasion I had a run of several winners before getting the inevitable loser, Sirosan, as he was known as then, remained totally silent when the winners rolled in, but as soon as I hit a loser he would pop up with his abusive childish posts.

He also said that picking winners at speedway was easy, so, he started to post his tips before I put mine up, on one famous occasion he posted his tips with a confident "here's two for you" Later I posted my tips, and they completely went against his, I even suggested that his selections were not very good, this was proved to be correct, I had two winners and he had none. The poor chap must have died with embarrassment, in fact he disappeared for a while, and returned with a different name, soon rumbled him though!

And now he pops up here, still trying to stir things up and cause trouble, but, it did not work, I soon worked out who it was, more embarrasssment for him! :oops:

And as you have seen his tips have not improved very much!! He cannot even correctly tip a 2/5 favourite :lol: