British Speedway Forum
asturmer

Bob Humphreys

Is Reg Reeves still alive??

On an Ann Michelle website it introduces her son - Eddie Blue Reeves. One of his interests is motorbike racing and it says inherited from his father Eddie Reeves Speedway rider ...... It doesn't say on the site if Eddie is still with us or not

Great bloke, good Speedway rider, Team Captain, team rider, he had the art of getting to the front and then slowing the racing down to get his partner through.

Martin Goodwin said when he was at Arena Essex Bob Humphreys taught him how to win races without going fast.

Yes, this brought back memories - we loved watching him at Arena in 1984 and 1985 and they used to play "I wanna be .. Bobby's girl" when he won races. One of the best meetings we saw there in 1985 was when Arena beat Ellesmere Port 40-38 and that was all thanks to Bob gating and then holding up the Gunners for Martin Goodwin to come through for the 5-1. Brilliant!

Always remember him being a difficult opponent, for Milton Keynes(did he not ride in their first season also?)

Indeed, he was brought in 2/3rd of the way through the 1978 season in front of the Anglia tv cameras and scored a maximum.

Is Reg Reeves still alive??

I think Reg died about 15 years ago.

Bob was at Smallmead last night. He's over here for a month, and hopes to get along to Kings Lynn sometime. (He was surprised to discover that they no longer ride on Saturday's)

He doesn't see much speedway these days (he didn't seem to be a great fan of Pinjar Park). He talked a bit about his road racing and seemed quite animated when the talk turned to moto-GP and superbikes.

We chatted a bit about his Racers days (and Milton Keynes) - I had to remind him he was the first ever rider to card a maximum at Smallmead (and the first with Bernie Leigh to record a 5-1)

Edited by arnieg

On an Ann Michelle website it introduces her son - Eddie Blue Reeves. One of his interests is motorbike racing and it says inherited from his father Eddie Reeves Speedway rider ...... It doesn't say on the site if Eddie is still with us or not

Eddie Reeves is a regular at the Chequers pub, especially the nights when speedway is on foxtel, in the village of Felsted ESSEX. where he now lives.

Tony

That is good to hear .... Eddie is still with us .... how he used to try his last bend dash, even if all seemed lost, I used to think he could have made the effort earlier, when he was with Kings Lynn Stars.

:neutral::shock::lol::blink:

Does he ever have to make a "time gents please" dash to the bar at 11pm nowadays I wonder ?????????? or has he got like me and avoid dashing to the bar at any time, you know what it means when you are an old pensioner and todays prices bite hard into your few quid a week.

Good for Eddie-I always remember him with Oxford in the mid sixties-glad to hear he is still enjoying life.