British Speedway Forum
Mad Mitch

World Cup - Vojens Sat 14 July

That has got to be the worst world cup round I have ever seen, utter crap

mmmm equal for everyone. most of the danish riders are blatant curb crawlers! and when did gollob learn to speak english...

Worst I have seen all season!

if Team GB do a 'Denmark' on Monday though, everyone will be creaming their pants :rolleyes:

What a pile of pants :(

Please let Coventry be a bit more interesting than tonight!

After the euphoria of the British GP and the quality racing served up Ole really has brought speedway crashing back down to earth again.

No airfence, no passing (unless riders made the mistake of looking for non-existant grip on the outside and got passed up the inside on the one line available) and no way I want to see a meeting like that again. :mad:

absolute disgrace,

all the good work at cardiff was undone tonight, for anyone who watched tonight for the first time might make it the last time too

I don't blame the Danish riders for this diabolical spectacle. They had a track built for them, so they took their chance with both hands. This was a poor advert for the sport at International level, especially after the fantastic event that the British GP was.

This meeting was finished as a spectacle by about heat 10. The track wasn't going to provide enough grip to provide any interesting racing, and it was blatantly obvious that the Finns were going to finish last. Neither the Australians nor the Poles are fazed about the race-off in Lezno, and with no benefit to a team finishing 2nd rather than 3rd in the first round, does the format of this competition need looking at?

Can't agree with you SCB. If the leading rider is clamped on the white line, with rubber smoke pouring from his tyre 'cos he's riding on concrete, what choice does any following rider have but to try his heart out around the outside and hope he forces his opponent into an error, but admittedly exposing himself to being passed? Some of these riders are racers, and don't want to settle for 2nd or 3rd. On a circuit like this, it is much, much easier for a rider to control a race, and consequently close to impossible for anyone to make a pass inside other than off the start.

Edited by JohnPhelan

I'm a big fan of the SWC but this was the worst meeting ever. Hope things improve for the rest of them. :sad:

Agree, sub standard track prep and a fine example of how NOT to attract new supporters.......absolutely shocking!!

I fear the meeting at Coventry will be much of same, but with better track prep.....and assuming team GB will go straight through, the Play-off meeting could also be in danger of being a poor meeting with Poland & Australia head and shoulders above anything that may be put in front them.

It's not all bad news tho as in my opinion the Final itself has the makings of a classic.

Bez.

Just managed to find an internet cafe as the bar we hoped to watch in has not been able to get the feed so this is a quick hello from us here in the HOT HOT HOT!!!

And the Aussie's have got to do it all over again :(

Back in a couple of days for GB updates.

Bye for now :D

That has got to be the worst world cup round I have ever seen, utter crap

What a pile of pants  :(

I'm a big fan of the SWC but this was the worst meeting ever. Hope things improve for the rest of them.  :sad:

Thank God i'm not the only one to think this tonight....

I'm a big fan of the SWC but this was the worst meeting ever. Hope things improve for the rest of them.  :sad:

im the same. really disappointed with that tonight. i always look forward to the world cup :(

what the hell was that- i was so bored most i ended up doing puzzles,parents fell asleep.

worst ive seen for ages,if mondays is like that then ill be glad im not going.

the track was to slick and was onlt 1 line