British Speedway Forum
Mad Mitch

World Cup - Vojens Sat 14 July

Great advert for speedway not anybody watching that for the first time wont watch again total crap never been so bored in my life nearly went and cut the grass

Also, why is Rory Schlein the only rider to be excluding for going over the line?  On the same bend Rory did it, Walasek did it, Walasek did it in his next heat and Puk did it in one of his heats.  Rorys may have been more obvious but other riders are doing it too.

Several hit the curb but Roo was the only one that I saw clearly go over it with both wheels.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right from the off this was crap. Sky not even having the professional courtesy to put a graphic on screen showing the Finnish team, or interview one of their riders. Absolutely disgusting!! :angry:

Track was beyond $h!t£, no air fence, a couple of long breaks, and Tony Millard spouting every bit as much crap as ever. What a complete waste of an evening. Anyone that's not a hardcore speedway fan wouldn't have watched that for more that 5 minutes. :angry:

Right from the off this was crap.  Sky not even having the professional courtesy to put a graphic on screen showing the Finnish team, or interview one of their riders.  Absolutely disgusting!!  :angry:

Noted in the LW household too, highly unprofessional.

Thanks Ole Olsen, if there was anyone out there thinking they might try Speedway after Bomber put it back on the map, that sad exuse for racing will have stoped them in there tracks.

KOPIOWANIE TYLKO ZA ZGOD¥ ADMINISTRATORA

All Updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments below.

Texter: Sky Meeting.

Updater: Judy.

Teams confirmed.

Finland: 11 Points

1: Juha Hautamaki:......0-0-1-0-0 = 1

2: Joonas Kylmakorpi:...2-0-2-0-2 = 6

3: Kauko Nieminen:......0-0-0-0-1 = 1

4: Kaj Laukkanen:........1-2-0-0-0 = 3

5: Tero Aarnio:............0-0-0-0-0 = 0

Poland: 44 Points.

1: Tomasz Gollob:.........1-2-1-2-0 = 6

2: Jaroslaw Hampel:......0-1-2-3 = 6

3: Rune Holta:..............2-0-1-2-3 = 8

4: Gregorz Walasek:......3-3-4-1-2-2 = 15

5: Krzysztof Kasprzak:...2-2-2-3-0 = 9

Australia: 39 Points.

1: Jason Crump:....3-2-3-1-1 = 10

2: Chris Holder:.....1-1-2-1 = 5

3: Rory Schlein:.....1-1-0-1-1 = 4

4: Ryan Sullivan:...0-3-0-1-3 = 7

5: Leigh Adams:....3-1-3-4-1-1 = 13

Denmark: 60 Points

1: Nicki Pedersen:......2-3-2-3-3 = 13

2: Niels K Iversen:.....3-2-1-3-2 = 11

3: Hans Andersen:.....3-1-3-3-2 = 12

4: Kenneth Bjerre:.....2-3-3-1-2 = 11

5: Bjarne Pedersen:...1-3-3-3-3 = 13

Heat Results

Heat 01: Crump 3. N Pedersen 2. Gollob 1. Hautamaki 0.

Heat 02: Iversen 3. Kylmakorpi 2. Holder 1. Hampel 0.

Heat 03: Andersen 3. Holta 2. Schlein 1. Nieminen 0.

Heat 04: Walasek 3. Bjerre 2. Laukkanen 1. Sullivan 0.

Heat 05: Adams 3. Kasprzak 2. B Pedersen 1. Aarnio 0.

Heat 06: Sullivan 3. Kasprzak 2. Andersen 1. Hautamaki 0.

Heat 07: Bjerre 3. Gollob 2. Adams 1. Kylmakorpi 0.

Heat 08: B Pedersen 3. Crump 2. Hampel 1. Nieminen 0.

Heat 09: N Pedersen 3. Laukkanen 2. Holder 1. Holta 0.

Heat 10: Restart: Walasek 3. Iversen 2. Schlein 1. Aarnio 0.

Heat 11: Bjerre 3. Walasek 4. Hautamaki 1. Schlein exc.

Heat 12: B Pedersen 3. Kylmakorpi 2. Holta 1. Sullivan 0.

Heat 13: Adams 3. N Pedersen 2. Walasek 1. Nieminen 0.

Heat 14: Crump 3. Kasprzak 2. Iversen 1. Laukkanen 0.

Heat 15: Restart: Andersen 3. Adams 4. Gollob 1. Aarnio 0.

Heat 16: Rerun: Iversen 3. Holta 2. Adams 1. Hautamaki 0.

Heat 17: Andersen 3. Walasek 2. Crump 1. Kymakorpi 0.

Heat 18: Rerun: Kasprzak 3. Holder 2. Bjerre 1. Nieminen 0.

Heat 19: B Pedersen 3. Gollob 2. Schlein 1. Laukkanen 0.

Heat 20: N Pedersen 3. Hampel 2. Sullivan 1. Aarnio 0.

Heat 21: B Pedersen 3. Walasek 2. Holder 1. Hautamaki 0.

Heat 22: N Pedersen 3. Kymakorpi 2. Schlein 1. Kasprzak 0.

Heat 23: Sullivan 3. Iversen 2. Nieminen 1. Gollob 0.

Heat 24: Hampel 3. Andersen 2. Adams 1. Laukkanen 0.

Heat 25: Holta 3. Bjerre 2. Crump 1. Aarnio 0.

Comments:

Heat 01: Gollob gates well, as does N Pedersen but Crump passes both on the backstraight. N Pedersen takes Gollob on lap two. No further changes.

Heat 02: Iversen gates and Kymakorpi settles into second place. Holder was chasing but Kylmakorpi looked more likely to pass Iversen.

Heat 03: Andersen gates like a whippet but gets taken round the second bend but then goes back into the lead going into the third bend. Holta almost comes off on bend two but gets back into second before the second lap.

Heat 04: Walasek gates this time. Sullivan looked like he would challenge ends up miles off the pace at the back.

Heat 05: Adams gates as expected with good riding round the fence by Kasprzak but with no luck until he dives under B Pedersen for second.

Heat 06: Andersen gates but locks up and ends up last. Sullivan looked much better and went from last to first on the backstraight. Kasprzak ends up second with Andersen only being able to pass the Fin.

Heat 07: Bjerre gates first with Gollob second and Kymakorpi third. Adams takes Kymakorpi on lap two. Adams all over Gollob but could not pass.

Heat 08: Crump gates and goes right round the outside but then B Pedersen pulls out of the second bend better to take the lead.

Heat 09: Holder gates well but gets passed by all three. N Pedersen takes the lead and pulls away. Holta locked up on lap three and went to the back.

Heat 10: Tapes fail to go up. Restart with all four back.

Iversen gates with Walasek all over Schlein but then he cuts under both riders to take the lead.

Heat 11: Walasek in as a joker for Hampel. Walasek gated last. Bjerre gated and was gone. The other three were close all race. Schlein excluded for both wheels over the inside line.

Heat 12: B Pedersen gates like a whippet and Kylmakorpi follows him. with Holta chasing him for second place. Sullivan fell on his own on lap one.

Heat 13: Adams out the gate level with Walasek but took advantage of being on the inside. N Pedersen then takes Walasek on lap two.

Heat 14: Crump gates well with Kasprzak and Iversen fighting for second but Iversen pulls a bit clear but then Kasprzak takes him on the final bend.

Heat 15: Adams out as a joker for Holder. Tapes failed to go up on the outside again. Restart: Andersen gates best with Adams in second but was being pressured by Aarnio for a couple of laps. Gollob got third on the last lap.

Heat 16: Adams taken off by Holta on the first bend. All four back somehow? Adams bike is wrecked by the safety fence.

Rerun: Adams makes the gate this time but Iversen has the inside advantage. Holta passes Adams on the last bend.

Heat 17: Andersen gates well and takes the lead. Crump at the back but comes through to third and is all over Walasek but could not pass him.

Heat 18: Holder takes Nieminen out on the first bend. All four back again somehow?

Rerun: Kasprzak gates well but Holder gates first but taken by Kasprzak on backstraight, he was then close.

Heat 19: Gollob gates first but Pedersen take him up the inside on the backstraight. Schlein takes Gollob but Gollob comes back into second.

Heat 20: N Pedersen gates well. Sullivan gates second best but Hampel takes him on the backstraight.

Heat 21: B Pedersen gates second and then takes Walasek on the backstraight. Walasek was pushing B Pedersen for all four laps with Holder pushing him.

Heat 22: N Pedersen gates well with Kymakorpi in second. Schlein took Kasprzak on the second lap.

Heat 23: Sullivan gates well with the other three going wide in the first bend. Gollob comes under Iversen for second but then Iversen come back through on lap three. Nieminen takes Gollob on the last bend.

Heat 24: Hampel gates and goes round the field on the first two bends. Adams was chasing Andersen who was chasing Hampel.

Heat 25: Holta gates and then Bjerre passes Crump.

Thank you for joining me. I hope that you enjoyed the updates.

Goodnight and God Bless,

Judy

from speedwayupdates.co.uk

got to wonder why no Davey Watt in place of Holder?

....and if I see that bloody car advert with the balloons one more time....!!!

Don't mention it. I've only just put it out of my head. Something else that's beyond $h!t£.

worst nights speedway i ever witnessed :angry: this whole tournament needs a serious revamp, personally i would like to see a format like the league just 2 teams against each other and then work down to the best teams fighting it out, but that would never happen, because there would be a lot more fixtures and time wouldnt allow it, but i dont like watching a match where you know a team will struggle to get double points all night, finland V USA would be better viewing rather than having each getting slaugtered.

got to wonder why no Davey Watt in place of Holder?
I thought Holder put himself about a fair bit and deserved his rides. Australia were never going to win it and never going to come 4th so stick him in for the ride.

Plus you can only bring the reserve in if the other rider is injured.

That track was CRAP ........... no excuses! For christ sakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go off the slick circle and they went backwards, dreadful!

i felt holder did OK, i think at Leszno he will be even better, end of the the day the track was dire tonight, totally different Thursday.

The first two meetings are always crap in the world cup because there is always a team who never scores any points and all there is to race for for the other three teams is the chance not to go to the race off even though the race off seems to be an advantage!

It only heats up when we get to the race off. Few months ago I suggested maybe it should just be 6 teams in the world cup, top 2 from previous year seeded to the final and the other 4 then battle it out in the race off.

I wondered why no Travis.  :unsure:

Or Shieldsy.

Thought the whole thing lacked class - again. I too was annoyed that common courtesy was again discarded - no pictures of the Finnish team, or any interviews before hand.

Track was pants - again. My thanks go to Mr Olsen for once again stuffing up a perfect opportunity to put Speedway back on the map. Best bit was the look on his face when the Ozzies wanted the track looking at/watered - priceless. Strange how the Danes won last year on a similarly prepared Smellmead - and guess who was in charge of the track that night? Hmm :blink:

The good news is that I don't think he'll be preparing the Cov track, and not even Olsen can screw up the Lezno track - we might even have some halfway decent racing in the run-off and the final.