British Speedway Forum
Mad Mitch

World Cup - Vojens Sat 14 July

The first two meetings are always crap in the world cup because there is always a team who never scores any points and all there is to race for for the other three teams is the chance not to go to the race off even though the race off seems to be an advantage!

I disagree, I usually enjoy the event from start to finish, tonights meeting was the first one I haven't enjoyed.

what an awful, pathetic meeting. track was dire. finland may of not even bothered showing their faces, they were bang on rubbish.

denmark by far the best team throughout the whole competition. if they dont win this world cup something is seriously wrong.

davey watt has shown he can beat the big boys this year, shields should be reserve, travis unlucky due to injury. holder far too inexperienced

Looking forward to the Play-off and Final on a decent track with decent Safety Equipment. Don't think I'll be hanging out for the Highlights ( :blink: ?) of this one!

Track was pretty bad - far too slick.

Just glad GB were drawn in event 2 - only imagine Bomber on that, none of the grip he loves so much!

Denmark were excellent, Crumpy/Adams stood out for Aus. I'd imagine Holder might do better in the race-off at Poland, since he races over there (or am I wrong?). I guess a lot of them have ridden in Poland, though, couldnt say about Denmark.

Look forward to Monday.. should imagine that track will be in much better condition than this one was. Nevertheless, there were a few good moves - biggest problem was that if one rider made a small mistake, it was very difficult to recover.

Just hope they bring it back to Poole next year .............

That was awful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got to wonder why no Davey Watt in place of Holder?

I thought Holder did his job quite well to be honest. Okay he didn't really surprise anyone, but he was well on the pace. I can't fault the Aussies for wanting to blood their rising star. Let's wait to see how he gets on in Poland. :)

finland may of not even bothered showing their faces, they were bang on rubbish.

That's hardly fair. The task for Finland/Russia/Hungary/Italy etc is to qualify for the final. Then try not to be the lowest scorers ever. That success for them. There are an awful lot of football teams that shouldn't bother turning up for the start of the season using your logic.

track was shocking no one likes a slick track, it's a world event and they serve that up!

the 1 thing i want to point out is when adams was in 2nd going in to the last corner behind a dane and he went round the outside but the inevitable happend on that track and he came 3rd, millard and tatum seemed surprised he tried it but he never had anything to lose finland wern't going to catch them and it didn't matter if poland beat them as they would still be in the race-off so the only way adams would have got into the aussies closer to the final was to try and overtake the dane knowing that it didn't matter if the poles were going to overtake him.

imo good decision by the aussies for getting holder in as no 1 was going to beat the danes there and lets face it finald aren't up to standard give him some crucial world experiance and he never did badly at all for a 19 year old, think watty will be in for the race off though.

This was no advert for the sport and going back to denmark should be looked at for future SWC's

The format stinks not what I call team racing!

If team GB knocked out I will not bother to watch I'm afraid!

The sport does itself no favours!

tony millard was as bad as the track tonight, never real gave much time to slating commentators but oh my god tonight he was dreadful :(

Much more of this will be the death of Speedway .

Truley awful.

what do you expect with that fat useless dane ole olsen in charge? his tracks are embarrasingly slick every time. someone needs to get this bloke out of track prep as im afraid he does the sport no good.