British Speedway Forum
Mad Mitch

World Cup - Vojens Sat 14 July

The meeting was boring, Gollob was pathetic etc..

Probably only the start girls prevented me from switching the channel.

Edited by Mateusz

I've been telling people at work, who don't follow speedway and think it's just first out of the gate wins, to watch the World Cup to prove that this is not the case, I'm not looking forward to going in Monday. I've now got to try and convince them that Mondays meeting will be better. Then there's the race-off and the final, i've always thought the final should be held on a different track as there will be practice wednesday, race-off thursday, practice friday and final on saturday which I think is far too much for one track to take. I would like to see the race-off being staged in Poland and the the final in the Czech Republic (for example as they are not in it).

True a track like that should have suited a rider like him .

Why? :blink:

Rory rides Brandon every week, which is as different to Vojens (tonight) as is possible.

*edit* Because I've had a couple of drinks and made a stupid mistake

Edited by 21st century heathen

Sorry Mr Olsen... You just wrecked any form of credibilty you MAY have had...

That track was a disgrace to the sport of speedway.

Thats was a complete Bore fest from start to finish.... I to nearly switched channels halfway through, which, if anyone knows me, means that had to be bad...

No racing lines at all, even the inside wasn't up to much... Maybe Schlein had the right idea...go grass tracking instead...at least there was some drive there.

If Coventry is allowed to be prepared like tonights track, I'll be giving the rest of the WTC a miss I am afraid, so Sky can go show their annoying(at best) Mondeo advert to the monkies....

An extremely annoyed and dissapointed TC.... :mad:

Fist time i've ever fallen asleep during a speedway meeting!

Utter rubbish.

The sooner Ole (i want it slick) Olsen leaves the speedway world the better.

The Reading track has been bad enough over the years but....if the racing was that bad week in week out i'd stay at home and take up knitting!!!

click clack clack clack click clack....

Thank goodness Amir Khann was on after the speedway (if you can call it that) it livened up the night.

Sorry Mr Olsen... You just wrecked any form of credibilty you MAY have had...

That track was a disgrace to the sport of speedway.

Thats was a complete Bore fest from start to finish.... I to nearly switched channels halfway through, which, if anyone knows me, means that had to be bad...

No racing lines at all, even the inside wasn't up to much... Maybe Schlein had the right idea...go grass tracking instead...at least there was some drive there.

If Coventry is allowed to be prepared like tonights track, I'll be giving the rest of the WTC a miss I am afraid, so Sky can go show their annoying(at best) Mondeo advert to the monkies....

An extremely annoyed and dissapointed TC.... :mad:

I have to agree TC, thought that was the most boring one-sided meeting I've ever seen, and Ole Olsen should be ashamed of himself. To my mind we had 3 of the Worlds top teams there tonight, and 2 of them were not even at the races.

Just hope that the Coventry track team don't let him get any where near their track for Monday. :angry:

For me that meeting has summed up all of the rubbish sky have been dishing up week after week this season (Cardiff the exception of course), and no wonder people are not interested in speedway anymore or are leaving in droves.

Edited by Badge

Olsen really does need shooting. :angry:

That had the makings of an excellent meeting, 3 of the best teams and they couldn't do anything due to that joke they call of a track.

Something has to be done about these "big" international meetings. :mad:

Several hit the curb but Roo was the only one that I saw clearly go over it with both wheels.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right from the off this was crap.  Sky not even having the professional courtesy to put a graphic on screen showing the Finnish team, or interview one of their riders.  Absolutely disgusting!!   :angry:Track was beyond $h!t£, no air fence, a couple of long breaks, and Tony Millard spouting every bit as much crap as ever.  What a complete waste of an evening.  Anyone that's not a hardcore speedway fan wouldn't have watched that for more that 5 minutes.   :angry:

That was also my opinion on the Finnish team, especially since Kauko and Joonas ride over here!

Does Belle Vue know that Rory Schlein is a member of their team??? :rolleyes:

Edited for sp mistake.

Edited by Pollyanna

Without reading any posts yet [ sorry got to be up for work early in morning ], that was rubbish. At a time when we need to be showing people it ISNT always first out of the gate wins, such as the Cardiff GP. Then this tripe comes along. That track was so bad it was untrue, and Hans Andersen has the gaul to criticise British track prep this week ? Ha !! It was predictable that it would be prepared slick for the Danes but if you went out 8 feet from the kerb you got passed on the inside. And as for Andersens comments ' it's the same for everyone ' Well we may as well ride on cheese, or chocolate, or marbles, or tarmac after all ' it's the same for everyone ' For god's sake give us a track we can watch RACING on. I think Sam Ermolenko was even ' cheesed off ' with it and i found it all boring tbh.

P.S Oh and one more thought i had afterwards. Why the hell has the ELRC been taken off Sheffield then for no air fence when we had no air fence tonight ????

Once again Politics being played out in the BSPA

Edited by Philip Addison

what do you expect with that fat useless dane ole olsen in charge? his tracks are embarrasingly slick every time. someone needs to get this bloke out of track prep as im afraid he does the sport no good.

Well, Ole's theory is that slick tracks make for better racing ??? :unsure:

No racing on that track tonight, spread out like pearls on a string! B)

True a track like that should have suited a rider like him .

Boyce is as bad a tm as he is a rider .

Nonsense. Boycey can't ride the bikes for his team and it is NOT his fault that the track was a disgrace!

On a lighter note..... Yes we had Millard spouting his usual drivel... but was it just my TV..or did Lord Kelvins Mic go on the blink there....couldn't hear him for the last part of the meeting, or when I could, it was very very low.... perhaps Sky has seen the posts on here, or maybe a Sky technician has at last found the OFF switch.. either way, it certainly made the meeting more bearable for me.... Now where's Millards OFF switch as well.... :P

On a lighter note..... Yes we had Millard spouting his usual drivel... but was it just my TV..or did Lord Kelvins Mic go on the blink there....couldn't hear him for the last part of the meeting, or when I could, it was very very low.... perhaps Sky has seen the posts on here, or maybe a Sky technician has at last found the OFF switch.. either way, it certainly made the meeting more bearable for me.... Now where's Millards OFF switch as well.... :P

Great wasn't it? I could happily watch without the (unnecessary) commentary, although for newcomers it helps? :unsure:

just come back to the house after watching that borefest,i said to my mate this meeting is cr.p and he replied it was`nt that good,good job i was drinking at the time :)