British Speedway Forum
Mad Mitch

World Cup - Vojens Sat 14 July

The only good thing is that the final is in Poland. Hopefully the Poles will make it to the final, and they will then ignore what Olsen wants, and prepare a speedway track that the riders can race on.

Or, at least, a track the Poles can race on.

Turned off half way through

Hope no one new tuned in as it was the world cup if they did I fear they will never bother to watch speedway again.

Nice one Mr Olsen and co.

:mad:

Well this newspaper seems enthusiastic enough about the meeting.Talking about a return of the dominance of the 80s.Denmark in a class of their own,etc.Great crowd,just big queues for beer and hotdogs

Ekstrabladet

Well think everyone said it all but would like to say that when wc was at reading a mr olsen wouldn t let track staff on to track he said air fence needed cleaning then press had photo shoot and then if time they could do track which there wasn t, AND we all know who won that meeting

The good thing about Reading SWC was the rain on Saturday morning drenched the track and got rid of the Blue Line for the Final. Danes certainly have a thing about riding for their country though, pity they forgot about everyone else! Hopefully there's some SHALE at Brandon!

Really enjoyed this meeting it show the skills of how to gate on a slick track just like the good old bays of the mid 80's in denmark .

The best riders won the heats instead of grass trackers like harris waiting for riders to hit holes etc .

This meeting was what real speedway is all about .

Don't take a whole lot of pleasing then do they!.

The British GP was a fantastic advert for Speedway,

this was bordering on very boring, on a track set up

for the Danes!.

Hey ! don't trash the Danish fans.... I am one of them, and I was there. All 4 teams on the same track and 1 team won.

Good luck to what ever team you are following.

I have to agree entirely with SS's summary of the meeting on page 9. I didn't get in from cricket until Heat 19 and was still bored well before the finish. Anyone who endured all 25 heats surely deserves a medal. :o

Let's hope that tomorrow's fare at Brandon and the 2 meetings in Poland restore some credibility to the tournament. Last night was a disgrace. :mad:

Really enjoyed this meeting it show the skills of how to gate on a slick track just like the good old bays of the mid 80's in denmark .

The best riders won the heats instead of grass trackers like harris waiting for riders to hit holes etc .

PMSL. Well done!

I take it you are joking :lol:

What an absolutely awful track for a big event.

So glad I didn't waste a night watching it live, I watched most of it *8 on the DVD player.

I can only echo everyone else... Crap meeting on a crap track.

A shockingly boring meeting. I even turned off to watch an episode of the simpsons, flicked back at the adverts to find that I hadn't missed a race, watched that heat then went back to the simpsons and turned back to the speedway at the end of that only to find i still hadn't had the fortune to miss any of the heats!

Thankfully there was some decent boxing on ITV4 and ITV1 to flick over to.

A truly dire meeting :sad: