British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Will Middlo Inspire Us To Swc Glory?

Yea  and has got beat 6 times

Time for the great rosco to take us to the promise land 

:lol:

Have to say that for once I agree with Orion, I think Rosco would  be better. Get some personality in there, a real man-motivator and Rosco could be Speedways Terry Venables (Euro96 era)

Spook

I werent wrong last year I said we wouldnt win the SWC and we didnt. Do yer homework fella before you post little bit of advice sonny jim.

VV

Thanks Guys! Really know how to give me a good laugh whilst watching this pile of Winnie from Vojens!

Spook

I werent wrong last year I said we wouldnt win the SWC and we didnt. Do yer homework fella before you post little bit of advice sonny jim.

VV

lol did you just try to 'son' me? :lol:

like I said school playground stuff

you were calling for Middlo's head on a platter before the event in just the same ridiculous way that you are now.... I would have thought that you might have learned a lesson

If after the event you can produce a sound argument based on realistic stats over the years then you might gain some respect.... until then your posts are aimed at nothing more than trolling and attention seeking

I'm amazed at the amount of people on here who speak with so much authority I can only assume they have spent hours in the pits with Neil :rolleyes:

I don't know the bloke personally but I have heard nothing but good things from the riders he has worked with over the years, so I know whose opinion I will listen to and respect:wink:

So what ? he's a loser in terms of us winning ,all the other majors nations have won it bar us .

Are we going to stick with him intill we win it before someone else get's a chance ?

Dear All

Suzie and Shazzy are buddies with Middlo and defend him which is being a good mate in my book.  But surely when we fail to win the SWC for the 7th time under his stewardship he will do the honourable thing and pen his resignation letter to the BSPA first thing Monday morning.

Up the Brits come on Middlo prove me wrong my friend.

Vega

Nobody's saying we will win the world cup, but i think it will

be looked apon as a disapointment if we don't qualify for the

final from Mondays meeting. With so much home track advantage,

and Lee Richardson in the form of his life!.

As ive said before a long time ago, we are now in the middle of

the crossover period, the young riders for the old guard. Some of

the old guard are still good enough, and some of the young riders

still a step away just yet!. I have full faith in Neils team management

abillitys, and even if we don't win the world cup, i certainly don't

expect Neil to pen any resignation!!. Give the man a break VV :angry:

is this thread a total p**s take?

nicholls harris and richardson will do ok, but kennett will struggle and then olly allen?! put a sock in it people please. will be trampled all over in poland and will be struggling for heat winners.

is this thread a total p**s take?

nicholls harris and richardson will do ok, but kennett will struggle and then olly allen?! put a sock in it people please. will be trampled all over in poland and will be struggling for heat winners.

Exactly!! Are people REALLY saying saying that a different manager might have won it??

Untill such time as we can find 6 world class riders we'll struggle.

This year must be better than the last few, but we still only have 3 / 4.

Look at the Danish team for the difference. The Ipswich heat leader as reserve, and Gjedde can't even get near! Whilst we have Olly Allen, with Simon Stead and @Eddie Kennet IN the team. With full respect to eveyone I'd say that shows the difference.

I'm fairly confident about our chances on monday. Nicholls and Harris are in good form, and the much loved Richardson has been in tremendous form lately.

If Kennett does have a poor night I feel we can still win through, after all, Sweden are far more inconvenienced with Jonsson missing and Kennett may well come good later.

One thing for sure, IMO, Middlo has picked the best team possible and if we can go straight through to the final, then we do have riders that can go well in Poland.

Don't write us off yet. :)

As Starman has said we are in a cross over period, and think Middlo's probably got it right, although my reaction was David over Simon TBH, but as events have turned out what a good judgement call that turned out to be.(get well soon David)

The youngsters have to be given a chance, and this year is probably better than ever for doing just that.That's what the Aussies are doing, and what Denmark had to do a few years ago.

So, whilst I think they will qualify no problem, realistically can't see them winning, but there time will come.

It's interesting, that people on here, blast fans for supporting foreign riders in GP's etc., but feel it is there right to belittle the Team manager, double standards I feel, let's get behind the whole team, and that includes the manager :angry:

As Starman has said we are in a cross over period, and think Middlo's probably got it right, although my reaction was David over Simon TBH, but as events have turned out what a good judgement call that turned out to be.(get well soon David)

The youngsters have to be given a chance, and this year is probably better than ever for doing just that.That's what the Aussies are doing, and what Denmark had to do a few years ago.

So, whilst I think they will qualify no problem, realistically can't see them winning, but there time will come.

It's interesting, that people on here, blast fans for supporting foreign riders in GP's etc., but feel it is there right to belittle the Team manager, double standards I feel, let's get behind the whole team, and that includes the manager :angry:

Thank you Badge :)

Nobody's saying we will win the world cup,

I am Starman :approve: I back the boys 100% every year (yes yes I even cheered on (spit spit) Richardson last year!) At the end of the day got to believe in them and back them of course even the Manager whether it be Middlo or Vega!

Can't do it without the raw materials can we? In those 7 years you forget to mention the riders Middlo has had to try and win the thing with.

If anything I would say that they have over achieved in Middlo's reign.

Can't see them overcoming Denmark or Poland this year especially on Polish shale. But I would be surprised if they don't have a good go.

1000% agree and not a truer word spoken.

Middlo has OVER achieved with the riders he has had and nearly every year has had to put up with a rider being injured yet still seems to have got the best out of riders like Norris and got second and thirds when we shouldn't have even made it.

Not in a million years should he be dropped but I think he may decide to pack it in when he loses the enthusiasm for it but I can't see it happening for a couple of years.

I think he will be aiming for third this year and that would be a great achievement.

I am Starman  :approve:  I back the boys 100% every year (yes yes I even cheered on (spit spit) Richardson last year!) At the end of the day got to believe in them and back them of course even the Manager whether it be Middlo or Vega!

Agree with this. I'm not Middlos biggest fan by a long way, I'd have not picked Ed for the Coventry round pre-David Howe injury but I'll still give every one of them by backing on the day and will give them all my support in the final, regardless of how capable I think the management are.

Can they win it? It'll be bloody hard but I think they can.

Middlo has OVER achieved with the riders he has had and nearly every year has had to put up with a rider being injured yet still seems to have got the best out of riders like Norris and got second and thirds when we shouldn't have even made it.
He also messes up tactically every year. I can't argue how good Middlo is in the pits, never seen him in there but tactically he is inept. Get Tim Sugar in to do that job and leave Middlo as team motivator. Edited by SCB

He also messes up tactically every year.  I can't argue how good Middlo is in the pits, never seen him in there but tactically he is inept.  Get Tim Sugar in to do that job and leave Middlo as team motivator.

Nobodies perfect.

Anyway, I am sure the odd sceptic would find a mistake with one Sugar tactical and then blame that for the meeting loss instead of the odd point.

Besides, if the riders say they are up for it and then under perform, what can you do.

1000% agree and not a truer word spoken.

Not in a million years should he be dropped but I think he may decide to pack it in when he loses the enthusiasm for it but I can't see it happening for a couple of years.

I think he will be aiming for third this year and that would be a great achievement.

First is everythink any where else is nowhere.

Most other managers get one chance to win a world cup maybe two but middlo get 6 or 7 .

You think 3rd in a 4 runner race is good no wonder why we don't win .

Edited by pawnbroker