British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sir Jasper

Track Curator For Tomorrow?

Quick question, who is doing the Coventry track tomorrow? Will it be the usual people (who know how to produce a decent track) or will it be a Meredith / Olsen slick borefest?

Quick question, who is doing the Coventry track tomorrow? Will it be the usual people (who know how to produce a decent track) or will it be a Meredith / Olsen slick borefest?

Lance Sealey is no longer doing the track at Coventry, and since the beginning of July Colin Meredith is back preparing it.

Joy oh joy. Look at the job he did at Cardiff!!! The atmoshere was great the result was brilliant but the track??

The graders never went near the holes on the second bend until the semi's and the watering "can" never got near the inside either.

At least he won't have to bother about watering tomorrow after the rain of today.

Lance Sealey is no longer doing the track at Coventry, and since the beginning of July Colin Meredith is back preparing it.

Thanks for that, Any particular reason why, and will the track preperation remain the same as it is a surface which suits most of our riders?

I desperately do not want the track to go back to previous years of slickness....

Strange isn't it - Colin Meredith usually does a great job preparing tracks, but let Olsen get in there and.....

Strange isn't it - Colin Meredith usually does a great job preparing tracks
Aye right, he the geezer that bollocked up swindon in 2001.

Remember his british final tracks from about same period?

Not Colin Meredith. :shock: Heaven help the Brandon track, especially if Ole is going to be involved tomorrow as well.

I thought the guy from Wolverhampton always prepared our track and it has certainly been really good for the past couple of years.

Dear oh dear what defeatists a lot of the Brits are .... Firstly we have a thread running damning Middlo before the engines are warmed up now we have a thread damning Colin Meredith for the track.

What are you all doing preparing yourselves for a lose, oh well you'll have to people to blame at least then rather than the ones that are actually riding the damn bikes!

No Shaz I think most people posting here just want to see a fantastic meeting on a good track ............... unlike Vojens!

Exactly that Trees, Being a Coventry fan I have seen the track become one of the best in the league over the past few seasons. I do not want it to become a slick borefest that Meredith used to prepare for us which led to Coventry being known as a gaters paradise.

I for one enjoy exciting speedway and wish it to remain so at Brandon.

As for the WTC, I am fully expecting a win thank you......

Edited by Sir Jasper

Strange isn't it - Colin Meredith usually does a great job preparing tracks, but let Olsen get in there and.....

I can just see Ole and Colin arguing about how much dust to put on it. :cry:

I can just see Ole and Colin arguing about how much dust to put on it. :cry:

Would be funny if it wasn't quite so true!

I'm going to be watching this one live with a can or ten of strongbow so as long as the brits win I'll probably be happy.Hic :approve:

I can understand that a track may be prepared in a certain way for a 'neutral' event like tonight

But surely a track is prepared each week as how the home club/riders want/prefer it ?? - would a promotion allow itself to have its play-off ambitions jeapordised just because a new track prep guy comes along and prepares the track his way, and his way only ??