British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pirate paul

Scott Nicholls

Well, the former British champion really gave a dominating performance at Bydgoszcz tonight, didn't he?

Nicholls is back - at the back.

I used to be a fan. I cannot be any longer. What a waste of space in GPs.

Scott, please, please turn it around and make me change my current opinion in the last 2 GPs.

Still 8th! How? Oh yes Hampel has missed 2 GPs.

C'mon boy. Get your act together. Dump the over sponsored bike and get back to basics. Or we'll assume you are happy to take the money and care little for the titles.

Anyone fancy doing scores for overall stadings incuding tonights GP?

Hotting up in race for top 8 finish.

1..N Pedersen..(DEN)..24..23..11..16..12..24..16..19..19 = 164

2..L Adams..(AUS)..12..10..21..18..14..8..19..22..09 = 133

3..J Crump..(AUS)..12..13..04..09..15..11..15..10..7 = 96

4..H Andersen..(DEN)..09..13..20..12..13..08..12..05..03 = 95

5..T Gollob..(POL)..10..03..09..11..03..01..19..14..21 = 91

6..G Hancock..(USA)..19..15..09..07..17..06..05..03..05 = 86

7..C Harris..(GBR)..07..15..09..05..20..05..06..07..05 = 79

8..S Nicholls..(GBR)..04..06..04..07..09..12..08..13..04 = 67

9..W Jagus..(POL)..14..06..06..03..00..09..12..11..05 = 66

10..R Holta..(POL)..02..06..09..05..05..16..05..07..10 = 65

11..A Jonsson..(SWE)..07..05..05..16..05..07..--..08..11 = 64

12..J Hampel..(POL)..08..06..05..07..08..16..--..--..11 = 61

13..B Pedersen..(DEN)..05..08..03..05..07..06..07..08..08 = 57

14..M Zagar..(SLO)..05..07..07..01..05..08..03..02..04 = 42

15..A Lindback..(SWE)..03..00..03..09..07..00..03..00..05 = 30

16..F Lindgren..(SWE)..--..--..14..--..--..--..07..--..-- = 21

17..K Kasprzak..(POL)..--..--..--..--..--..--..--..--..17 = 17

18..K Bjerre..(DEN)..--..--..--..10..--..--..--..--..-- = 10

19..G Laguta..(RUS)..--..--..--..--..--..--..--..08..-- = 8

20..S Ulamek..(POL)..--..06..--..--..--..--..--..--..-- = 6

21..P Karlsson..(SWE)..--..--..--..--..--..--..05..--..-- = 5

22..K Laukkanen..(FIN)..--..--..--..--..--..--..02..03..-- = 5

23..D Howe..(GBR)..--..--..--..--..04..--..--..--..-- = 4

24..L Tomicek..(CZR)..--..--..--..--..--..04..--..--..-- = 4

25..M Carpanese..(ITA)..02..--..--..--..--..--..--..--..-- = 2

Edited by Subedei

Well, the former British champion really gave a dominating performance at Bydgoszcz tonight, didn't he?

Poor performance tonight personally would really like him to dump Havvy but still in the top 8 in the world.

Hotting up in race for top 8 finish.

Whilst it would ease certain riders minds to finish in the top 8 and be certain of qualifying, history shows that riders in the next 3 positions usually get nominated as well.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Jagus is not interested in taking part in the GP's next year and I guess there may be a question mark over Herbie and Sir Tomasz (though hopefully his recent form will persuade him to treat us to another year of his magic).

Whatever the finishing order I would like to see the likes of Jonsson, Hampel and Holta back next year as they have all added to the quality this season. Given the seeming need to have to 2 Brits I'm sure Nicholls will be back as well.

Whilst it would ease certain riders minds to finish in the top 8 and be certain of qualifying, history shows that riders in the next 3 positions usually get nominated as well.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Jagus is not interested in taking part in the GP's next year and I guess there may be a question mark over Herbie and Sir Tomasz (though hopefully his recent form will persuade him to treat us to another year of his magic).

Whatever the finishing order I would like to see the likes of Jonsson, Hampel and Holta back next year as they have all added to the quality this season. Given the seeming need to have to 2 Brits I'm sure Nicholls will be back as well.

But is there any need for 2 Brits? Sky? Have they any influence over the owners of SGP? Tomasz will be there, but it will probably be his last season - and what a miss that will be. When you look at how well KK did tonight and the Russian wildcard previously, can we justify 2 Brits anymore for the sake of the Welsh GP round?

Even Sky seem to have given up on the former British champion anyway, since their commentator kept questioning whether Nicholls should be allowed another nomination.

But is there any need for 2 Brits?  Sky?  Have they any influence over the owners of SGP?  Tomasz will be there, but it will probably be his last season - and what a miss that will be.  When you look at how well KK did tonight and the Russian wildcard previously, can we justify 2 Brits anymore for the sake of the Welsh GP round?

In my opinion if they ain't good enough then they shouldn't be there.

It just seems that the organisers feel the need to have at least 2 Brits. Comments in the Speedway Star over the past couple of years seem to confirm this and given Philip Rising having a foot in both camps I think its fair to assume that is the case. If it isn't going to be Nicholls who is that 2nd Brit going to be?

In my opinion if they ain't good enough then they shouldn't be there.

It just seems that the organisers feel the need to have at least 2 Brits. Comments in the Speedway Star over the past couple of years seem to confirm this and given Philip Rising having a foot in both camps I think its fair to assume that is the case. If it isn't going to be Nicholls who is that 2nd Brit going to be?

Aye, your probably right there Salty, but does the GP series benefit from having to have 2 Brits in it? Not anymore imo and totally concur that if you aren't good enough you shouldn't be in.

And as you say, if it ain't Scott, where do we go to then?

We don't "go" anywhere. We do the decent thing and admit that we simply do not have a second British rider who is good enough as things stand at the moment, and we take a few years (maybe even just one year) out to work hard on a programme to bring the young hopefuls on a bit. In a few years time the future will be looking rosy assuming that Kennett, Bridger, Stead and others fulfill their potential. There are others coming through the ranks albeit currently slightly less high profile too - let's hope the powers that be give Tai Woffinden compelling reasons to choose Britain over Aussie when picking which country to commit to. Also Rye have some cracking lads coming through - Boxall is already showing why so may rate him so highly, and there are others too - Luke Bowen and Robert Mear are the two I would suggest have the greatest potential of Len's current batch - although in Bowen's case a lot depends on him staying injury free.

It would be a tough decision for the British authorities to stand up and demand that only one Brit is selected for next year, but as things stand, would it perhaps be the right decision? Of course, Scott COULD still finish top 8, couldn't he..... :unsure:

Edited by Robyn1972

Scott Nicholls is back.............

...................... to form with 4 points :D