British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pirate paul

Scott Nicholls

Shall we just agree that our interpretations of the quote differ and we both agree that when he is on form it's wonderful to watch Mr Gollob :)

Pax :)

Shall we both agree that when he is on form it's wonderful to watch Mr Gollob :)

A rider of rare and unmatched genius, compared to the obvious limitations of the former British champion. On a fair track, Gollob will always cruelly expose the limitations of such lesser riders.

Nicholls neither has the temprament or brains to go far in the sport. He's also to fat, his bikes literally groan under the weight they have to carry. Lose the weight, lose the personal problems, lose the attitude and he might get some where.

Shall we just agree that our interpretations of the quote differ and we both agree that when he is on form it's wonderful to watch Mr Gollob :)

Ah go on then :D Lets hope Tomasz and Scott both end the season showing the form some of us know they're capable of.

Nicholls neither has the temprament or brains to go far in the sport. He's also to fat, his bikes literally groan under the weight they have to carry. Lose the weight, lose the personal problems, lose the attitude and he might get some where.

Spot on ;)

Actually i disagree,& their will always be more than one brit in the series anyway & Scotty & Bomber the only 2 worthy right now :D

Hopefully in a few years time we will see 2 young future stars of Josh and Tai ride in the GP's.

Star Lady

Would just like to apologise for my earlier posting...having re-read it ...i am afraid i was a little out of order....You are entitled to your opinion...and i respect that....I just find all the negativity and name calling by other members a little unsavoury

I like Scott Nicholls and indeed the Nicholls family and would love nothing more than he to become a Grand Prix winner as i am sure others would...

I am willing to agree that there are a lot of riders better than him...but for Subedei to criticise him for staying at home with his first child instead of chasing over Europe in the GP Qualifiers is i believe not fair

If Scott Nicholls does not qualify for the GP's in 2008 and is not invited back by IMG he will take it with dignity and respect and knuckle down and try and become a better rider

But he wants to be number 1.......Qualifying in 8th is not succeeding......being World Champion is succeeding...and while he still wants that then good luck to him.......To me that is something Gollob is not interested in any more....He used to be able to ride any track good or bad...but these days seems worried about injury

Saying that he is still one of the best riders i have ever seen...and i want to remember him for the Europe GP rather than the Czech one

jaybea

A rider of rare and unmatched genius, compared to the obvious limitations of the former British champion. On a fair track, Gollob will always cruelly expose the limitations of such lesser riders.

So what was unfair about Prague? The fact that Gollob couldn't ride it and Scott could? And the same for Cardiff I suppose? :rolleyes:

i dont think its god alone who knows the answer to that subedei as tony millard normally reminds us every time "the man from mildura" races ;)  :D

....and Matej Zagar is 5 times Slovenian Champion! Grrrrr!

Yes, we all know , Tony!! B)

Read through some of the previous posts, and I think that Scott will finish in the top eight this year, as I also think Gollob will as well.

I have to say that both have something in common, and that is this year they have both been inconsistent, Gollob on his day is the most exciting and skillful rider, but his inconsistency lets him down, that is why he has never and will never win the title.

I think that Scott will never win the title, but if you put only the riders that could possible win the title in the Grand Prix you would be left with only about 3 or 4 riders.

I also think that Scott might now have live with the fact that he is not going to be the Brits number 1 rider. I think that Chris Harris has stole his mantle there, Chris for me is like Chris Louis says not just a racer, but is very intelligent, and I think that as he learns more he will be up there challenging.

Edited by spin king

Some of you people that post on here really need to have a good look at yourselfs.

Fair enough your entitled to an opinion, but to slag off riders weight and sling other rubbish at them is not on.

I would like to know how many of you have actually achieved anything of note in your lifes.

And dont go on about the crap, we pay our money so are entitled to an opinion,

thats bulldust, theres no body more dissapointed when they dont ride well than the riders, and they dont need your constant slagging.

Cheesed Off

Read through some of the previous posts, and I think that Scott will finish in the top eight this year, as I also think Gollob will as well.

I have to say that both have something in common, and that is this year they have both been inconsistent, Gollob on his day is the most exciting and skillful rider, but his inconsistency lets him down, that is why he has never and will never win the title.

I think that Scott will never win the title, but if you put only the riders that could possible win the title in the Grand Prix you would be left with only about 3 or 4 riders.

I also think that Scott might now have live with the fact that he is not going to be the Brits number 1 rider. I think that Chris Harris has stole his mantle there, Chris for me is like Chris Louis says not just a racer, but is very intelligent, and  I think that as he learns more he will be up there challenging.

I think your pushing it with that statement.

But in the cold light of day, there is only a 6 points difference between a genius and a beggar.

I think your pushing it with that statement.

His Heat 8 gate where he went to Stockholm and back would prove you wrong but his naivety in letting Holta beat him for a point meant no semi-spot and points lost in the battle of the Top 8.

Make your mind up, will you. Say whether you have integrity or don't mind the corruption that sees this serial failure beg his way into the series year after year after year.

Scotty is now in equal 8th place,FACT,i don't call that begging. As Hazzman has said only 6pts between him & Gollob you're genius,which i actually do not ?.October 13 will reveal all

Edited by colincooke

Scotty is now in equal 8th place,FACT,i don't call that begging. As Hazzman has said only 6pts between him & Gollob you're genius,which i actually do not ?.October 13 will reveal all

Level with Hampel who has missed a round and Jagus who missed two rides after Nicki P clattered into him when he was flying in Eskilstuna.

True, only six points, but a yawning chasm between the two when it comes to talent and ability - Gollob has talent and ability to squander, the former British champion is bankrupt by comparison.