British Speedway Forum
Phil

The Garry Stead Benefit “grand Prix”

This is shaping up to be a cracking evening, can't wait!  Not that it really matters in the great scheme of things, but any takers for a winner for this one? 

I'd go with Lingren, Compton, Simon Stead and Zorro in the final, Steady to win it!

I don't think you will very far away with Simon Stead, Andre Compton and Zorro, would have been nice if we could have got Chris Holder, but I still think that this will be a great meeting.

Is it my imagination or have I seen Lindgren ride Owlerton well before ? :unsure:

He'll certainly be in the mix anyway...and I'll certainly be in the crowd :)

Think it must be your imagination as, in my opinion, has seriously under achieved on his previous visits to Owlerton.

9 from 5 rides in the Sean Cracker and 3 paid 4 earlier this year for Wolves.

Admittedly he would have to have a serious off night not to finish in the top 4 of this meeting.

Is it my imagination or have I seen Lindgren ride Owlerton well before ?  :unsure:

He'll certainly be in the mix anyway...and I'll certainly be in the crowd  :)

Rode in Sean Wilson's meeting and was not bad, but rode in a challenge for Wolves at the start of the season, and was no big deal.

But in saaying that he has the credentials to put on a good performance.

Think they may be waiting on a few injured riders to see how they are.

but then sheffield are never that fast at confirming line ups

James Toseland had had to pull out of performing in the Panaroma room after the meeting due to superbike testing at Magny Cours being pushed back till the end of the week.

All on sheff website.

James Toseland had had to pull out of performing in the Panaroma room after the meeting due to superbike testing at Magny Cours being pushed back till the end of the week.

:(

Any one got a full and confirmed line up.

There is just one rider to be named but he maybe not be known till fans get there on Thursday due to not knowing who will be riding in re-arranged matched in Poland and Sweden!!

Havelock, Lindgren, Stead, Johnston, Compton, Stancl, Lyons, Ashworth, Woffinden, Complin, Parsons, Harrison, Kerr, Sanchez, Zorro

Stancl could be a doubt tho!!

Edited by seanisnumber1

looks a great line up and im sure this will be a meeting nobody will forget in a hurry! :D fingers crossed the rain stays off!

I've just read the KL V Brum thread for tomorrow and noticed Sanchez is a doubt for then, could have missed an update on him but does anyone know if he is fit or not?

Going to be tough finding replacements at this stage but fingers crossed the line-up stays as good as it is now, I doubt there will be any riders who would turn this down.

Well,I will be coming up for this meeting,all the way from sunny Poole.Watch out all you Northern souls that might have offended the mighty Rabbit.She will be there too!! :wink:

Cant be arsed with paying out lots of money to see a GP abroad.Rather put some money into the pocket of one of our sports so called 'lesser lights'.

Ive always been of fan of TEAM speedway,rather than individual glory.Garry epitomises that for me.Every team needs a 'Garry'.

Wouldnt miss this for anything.Fingers crossed for good weather.

See you all there on Thursday. :D

Edited by BobC

I've just read the KL V Brum thread for tomorrow and noticed Sanchez is a doubt for then, could have missed an update on him but does anyone know if he is fit or not?

Emiliano crashed heavily at Newport on sunday..ambulance was called for attendance but he did eventually walk back to the pits under his own steam. Guess we wont know how fit he is till either he turns up at Kings Lynn or even till he wakes up Thursday morning having suffered no side effects etc etc.